NY Attorney General Letitia James Sues Nassau County Over Transgender Sports Ban

Social Media

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

If you read the article, you'll learn that it is not.

There is a conflict with the New York state anti discrimination laws.

How is it fair to enforce a local law that conflicts with a state law?
You'd need to change the state law first. 

bullshirt

if  its want to compete then call it an open even for any Tom dIK or Harriet to play

you can't call it a womens event if males are allowed in 

would you let "Michelle" ( Mike) box your daughter ?   no.  you wouldn't 

Does Mike Tyson look hot as a female ...

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No it really is that simple.

But it would rob you of your outrage.

Its simple, they can have their own olympics like the paralymipics.  Trans olympics can compete with each other, problem solved.  As an aside, Biden is a POS for caving to the extreme left for F**ing with title IX. 

Edited by Expat4life66

8 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Oh I see, Cis is a Woke term invented by the LBGTQ++ community in order to further their pretence that there are different types of women. 

I'll pass on that fairytale. Thanks for the laughs though. 😄

Some consulting firm came up with  "CIS" so the Alphabet cult (AC) could slur straight people with a name (cis) like the Nword...what the AC consultant didnt realize is most families embrace personal decisions.  My neice identifies as a he him and I could give two <deleted>s as long as she is happy and successful in college and life.   San Diego Unified withheld this info from my sister and her husband for about a year which is rediculous because they support her in any way possible.  

Edited by Expat4life66
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

To people that don't bother to think about it. 

Got to disagree with you on this one.

Life can be unfair in many ways. Being a member of a minority who's body and mental gender (or whatever the current term we're all supposed to use is) is unfair.

What would be even more unfair would be to allow a biological male that has started pubery for even a day to compete against genetic females in sport. Putting millions at a disadvantage in order to try and be fair to a few does not make any sense whatsoever.

It really is as simple as 1+1=2.

2 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

Got to disagree with you on this one.

Life can be unfair in many ways. Being a member of a minority who's body and mental gender (or whatever the current term we're all supposed to use is) is unfair.

What would be even more unfair would be to allow a biological male that has started pubery for even a day to compete against genetic females in sport. Putting millions at a disadvantage in order to try and be fair to a few does not make any sense whatsoever.

It really is as simple as 1+1=2.

No it isn't in this case.

Read the flippin' article.

It's a legit legal conflict specific to the state of New York.

As far as you falsely projecting about what I think in general about trans people competing in sports, you didn't read the thread.

I took no position. 

3 hours ago, Luuk Chaai said:

bullshirt

if  its want to compete then call it an open even for any Tom dIK or Harriet to play

you can't call it a womens event if males are allowed in 

would you let "Michelle" ( Mike) box your daughter ?   no.  you wouldn't 

Does Mike Tyson look hot as a female ...

Who is that in the picture?

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No it isn't in this case.

Read the flippin' article.

It's a legit legal conflict specific to the state of New York.

As far as you falsely projecting about what I think in general about trans people competing in sports, you didn't read the thread.

I took no position. 

I've read the flippin' article and it's not complicated in the slightest.

A law needs amending so that there is no conflict, nothing more, nothing less. It will of course be made complicated (artifically, because again, it's not complicated) because the US political system is disjointed to a level that is almost unbelievable. It will remain artificially complicated while a bunch of idiots try to score points against eachother while ignoring the wider picture.

...and those advocating for equality laws without giving the slightest thought to issues like this that are affecting MILLIONS of women are doing the human race, and their position, a disservice.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Woof999 said:

I've read the flippin' article and it's not complicated in the slightest.

A law needs amending so that there is no conflict, nothing more, nothing less. It will of course be made complicated (artifically, because again, it's not complicated) because the US political system is disjointed to a level that is almost unbelievable. It will remain artificially complicated while a bunch of idiots try to score points against eachother while ignoring the wider picture.

...and those advocating for equality laws without giving the slightest thought to issues like this that are affecting MILLIONS of women are doing the human race, and their position, a disservice.

I absolutely agree that the rights of all need to be considered. As stated before I don't see a general solution to this issue that doesn't make one side winners and one side losers.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I absolutely agree that the rights of all need to be considered. As stated before I don't see a general solution to this issue that doesn't make one side winners and one side losers.

We're back to life not being fair and then need to act accordingly and not drag it out for years.

Being unfair to EVERY genetic sportswoman to try and be fair to a tiny minority is bloody ridiculous. Therefore, the solutions is not complicated at all. Not really sure there's any discussion left?

1 hour ago, Woof999 said:

We're back to life not being fair and then need to act accordingly and not drag it out for years.

Being unfair to EVERY genetic sportswoman to try and be fair to a tiny minority is bloody ridiculous. Therefore, the solutions is not complicated at all. Not really sure there's any discussion left?

Would you say that about racial or religious minorities?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

This right here is one reason Trump will win. People are sick of the bs from a tiny minority the democrats cater to.

Yeah scapegoating trans people is popular.  

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Expat4life66 said:

Its simple, they can have their own olympics like the paralymipics.  Trans olympics can compete with each other, problem solved.  As an aside, Biden is a POS for caving to the extreme left for F**ing with title IX. 

You just couldn’t help yourself could you, with your Biden hating aside thing.

Did you have to while spittle off your screen after you finished ‘bashing your keyboard’?

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You just couldn’t help yourself could you, with your Biden hating aside thing.

Did you have to while spittle off your screen after you finished ‘bashing your keyboard’?

Not taking your bait as you do to everyone in this group every day as if your disabled and this is the only communication your have with the outside world.  Do you support what he did to title IX?  Simple yes no answer.  

Edited by Expat4life66

4 minutes ago, Expat4life66 said:

Do you support what he did to title IX?  Simple yes no answer.  

For the most part yes, but I personally would go further and take the matters out of the hands of educational institutions, many of which are private d reprises, and place them under the jurisdiction of the DoJ.

Criminality not being criminality because it happened on a college campus is an absurdity.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Would you say that about racial or religious minorities?

No I wouldn't. You could argue though that black people have an advantage in many running events and a disadvantage in swimming. That's life. Whataboutisms don't solve real problems either.

What I would say though is that holding a position of "I don't have a position on this because I don't want to be unfair to anyone" is probably the worst possibility. Debating while sitting on the fence isn't debating.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

For the most part yes, but I personally would go further and take the matters out of the hands of educational institutions, many of which are private d reprises, and place them under the jurisdiction of the DoJ.

Criminality not being criminality because it happened on a college campus is an absurdity.

Huh? Cheers...the topic was title IX...get some sleep

12 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

No I wouldn't. You could argue though that black people have an advantage in many running events and a disadvantage in swimming. That's life. Whataboutisms don't solve real problems either.

What I would say though is that holding a position of "I don't have a position on this because I don't want to be unfair to anyone" is probably the worst possibility. Debating while sitting on the fence isn't debating.

A fair point but I'm honest enough to say I don't have a great solution. It sickens me how so many people harbor irrational hatred and ignorance towards trans people. 

I don't have a solution for the Israel Palestinian conflict either.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Expat4life66 said:

Huh? Cheers...the topic was title IX...get some sleep

Actually the topic of discussion is “NY Attorney General Letitia James Sues Nassau County Over Transgender Sports Ban”

You’ll find it helpfully mentioned in the title of the thread you are posting in.

But since you inserted this into the discussion “Do you support what he [Biden] did to title IX? “

You might want to have a read of this with your cocoa before bed time:

https://www.acenet.edu/News-Room/Pages/Biden-Admin-Final-Title-IX-Rule-Effective-Aug-1.aspx

Oh and did you notice I didn’t take the flame bait you edited into your post.

But I do wonder what is it that gave rise to your need to make that edit.

It’s a question I’m not qualified to resolve, however I’m sure there is an answer.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

If Trans "Girls" and "Woman" have such an urge to fight against woman, why happens not the same with Trans "Boys" and "Men"? You never read about them getting upset because they can not compete with real men. At least I never heard or read about it. They would have no chance, so they do not compete with men.

Only reason this cotton ball throwers want to compete agains woman is because they will win easy without much effort. The US needs a clean up.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, CHdiver said:

If Trans "Girls" and "Woman" have such an urge to fight against woman, why happens not the same with Trans "Boys" and "Men"? You never read about them getting upset because they can not compete with real men. At least I never heard or read about it. They would have no chance, so they do not compete with men.

Only reason this cotton ball throwers want to compete agains woman is because they will win easy without much effort. The US needs a clean up.

The reason we don’t hear about them is because the people pumping the hatred of transsexuals are focused on cis men who transgender to female.

It got a mention earlier in the thread.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

A fair point but I'm honest enough to say I don't have a great solution. It sickens me how so many people harbor irrational hatred and ignorance towards trans people. 

I don't have a solution for the Israel Palestinian conflict either.

That kind of shows that you're too emotionally involved in the topic.

Again, not having a great solution, and so coming up with no solution solves nothing. in this case it is holding BILLIONS of women to a disadvantage (I initially wrote millions, but was wrong). Common sense should tell you that this is the (much) greater evil.

Procrastination is not helping the trans community (or any other). Equating what is likely the only real solution to being an irrational hatred (or any other kind of hatred) is doing their position no good at all. They face real issues that very much are based on hatred and ignorance. This is not one of them, although many of those that hold the hate and the ignorance would still support the only real sensible solution, albeit for the wrong reasons. That doesn't stop it being the right solution.

Here's another quandry for you:

9 people on a plane that is going to crash. Only 8 parachutes. Each person has the same probability of using a parachute successfully.

A disabled, black, trans woman.

A catholic priest.

A disabled British white politician.

A gay Pakistani.

A Jewish rabbi who hates all things Palestine.

A trans friend of yours.

Gary Lineker

Kamala Harris

A felon that has served their full sentence and probation period.

Which one of them doesn't get a parachute? Got to act fast or the plane crashes and they all die. You have been put in the position to have to make the decision (or not make a decision at all). Not fair of course, but that isn't a good enough reason to do nothing.

7 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The reason we don’t hear about them is because the people pumping the hatred of transsexuals are focused on cis men who transgender to female.

cis men transgender..   sounds like ladyboy to me

8 hours ago, Woof999 said:

That kind of shows that you're too emotionally involved in the topic.

Again, not having a great solution, and so coming up with no solution solves nothing. in this case it is holding BILLIONS of women to a disadvantage (I initially wrote millions, but was wrong). Common sense should tell you that this is the (much) greater evil.

Procrastination is not helping the trans community (or any other). Equating what is likely the only real solution to being an irrational hatred (or any other kind of hatred) is doing their position no good at all. They face real issues that very much are based on hatred and ignorance. This is not one of them, although many of those that hold the hate and the ignorance would still support the only real sensible solution, albeit for the wrong reasons. That doesn't stop it being the right solution.

Here's another quandry for you:

9 people on a plane that is going to crash. Only 8 parachutes. Each person has the same probability of using a parachute successfully.

A disabled, black, trans woman.

A catholic priest.

A disabled British white politician.

A gay Pakistani.

A Jewish rabbi who hates all things Palestine.

A trans friend of yours.

Gary Lineker

Kamala Harris

A felon that has served their full sentence and probation period.

Which one of them doesn't get a parachute? Got to act fast or the plane crashes and they all die. You have been put in the position to have to make the decision (or not make a decision at all). Not fair of course, but that isn't a good enough reason to do nothing.

LOL. There is no debate about it. Harris misses out on the parachute.

• Haha 1

On 7/17/2024 at 4:59 AM, Jingthing said:

It's a complicated issue.

Nothing complicated about it. Men and Boy's dressed as women or girls are not women or girls, they should not be allowed to compete against real women or girls in athletic sports. This trans thing is a mental disorder. People who allow such nonsense are even more twisted in the head. This sickness needs to stop.  

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ve witnessed cis women competing against cis men throughout my years in competitive sport, often they’ve beaten the men.

ya ok lets pretend this bs is true. arguably the greatest female athlete of all time admits she is a joke compared to men.

serena williams. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1