changing name on the EGAT bill after buying a condo

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

EGAT are the people who generate the electricity, you get your supply from PEA (Provincial Electricity Authority) or MEA (Metropolitan Electricity Authority if in Bangkok). You can change the bill to your name by showing chanote in your name and paying a fee (2,000 baht IIRC).

A lot of people don't bother changing it over as it doesn't make much difference, you still get a bill in the mail and anyone can pay it.

Yep i never changed the name when i bought my condo

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

A lot of people don't bother changing it over as it doesn't make much difference, you still get a bill in the mail and anyone can pay it.

The person named on my power bill has been dead for 20 years

Basically MEA office for me with the tabien baan and copy of chanote, sign the form they typed up for me, and that was it. Received bill in the mail in my name at the end of month. They were nice enough to show me mobile app that allows me to pay the bills directly so I can do it without visiting their office, bank or ATM - just put in credit card number and it's paid and payment recognised immediately. Great bunch. I did not go to the area where condo was placed, but at the Ratchaprasong, and the whole ordeal took about 15 minutes.

thanks for the info, yes, PEA or MEA

your name is in english or thai ?

while I have the experts, what about the name on the chanote, will that be in english or transliterated to thai ?

thanks