US expats tell the truth

8 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

75% of all could my opinions based on my experiences;

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/people-whove-lived-abroad-sharing-181602775.html

I still like the US and hope things would change to better so I could return and live full time happily there.

The people want what the people get......maybe a little more thought as what/who you (not you personally) are voting for might help.

11 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

I still like the US and hope things would change to better so I could return and live full time happily there.

Life is what you make of it. You can be happy or unhappy wherever you are, a state of mind over matter.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

Here's an interesting list of alternatives and Thailand is improving (to my pleasant surprise):

https://www.internations.org/expat-insider/2024/best-and-worst-places-for-expats-40450

- Spain and Vietnam already were on my top 5 list

- Panama is getting more popular thanks to using USD and  many speak English

- Popular "90 day fiance" showed how beautiful "Bocas del Toro" islands are. A friend of mine moved there from California and is very happy. It's on my short bucket list to visit.

"If you are looking for activities in the sea, the Bocas Archipelago is a destination not to be missed. Its nine islands and thousands of islets, its crystal clear waters with a constant temperature of 79 °F (26 ºC) and its types of waves and surf spots have made it famous around the world."

Forbes;

https://www.forbes.com/sites/petertaylor/2023/06/14/ive-traveled-to-six-continents-and-bocas-del-toro-panam-is-about-to-become-the-coolest-place-on-earth-heres-why/

"We ultimately chose Panamá because of the stable government, U.S. dollar, overall safety, and zero hurricanes."

Edited by GypsyT

4 hours ago, GypsyT said:

75% of all could my opinions based on my experiences;

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/people-whove-lived-abroad-sharing-181602775.html

Strange.

You don't seem to write like any American I knew, in the USA, before I left in 1979.

I guess it's really true that Times have Changed....

Big Time!

This is part of the problem, why the rest of the world do not respect Usa! 

The two faced double standard polished red neck mentality.

Election campaigns reminds us of a wrestling show

As the natives would say, speaks with a snakes toungue, later a fork tongue.

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

This cannot be helped.

The average IQ in the USA is less than 100.

Also, the curriculum is garbage.

Democracy must have an INFORMED electorate.

This is NOT the case in the USA.

A young nation with a crazy mix from the gene pools 

1 hour ago, jas007 said:

It really does vary from state to state.  Not only IQ levels, but education levels.  And since it’s easy to move around, some states end up losing their brightest young people to places where they can make more money.  

But an informed electorate?  Ideally, yes, but the current crop of Democrats seem to favor propaganda and brainwashing.  No need for education when you can brainwash the public via a controlled media. Just feed them lies 24/7 and before too long they’ll believe just about anything.  At least that seems to be the plan.

And the left controls virtually all aspects of education in the US. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Will B Good said:

The people want what the people get......maybe a little more thought as what/who you (not you personally) are voting for might help.

And, Lola always gets what she aims for....too!

8 hours ago, GypsyT said:

Here's an interesting list of alternatives and Thailand is improving (to my pleasant surprise):

https://www.internations.org/expat-insider/2024/best-and-worst-places-for-expats-40450

- Spain and Vietnam already were on my top 5 list

- Panama is getting more popular thanks to using USD and  many speak English

- Popular "90 day fiance" showed how beautiful "Bocas del Toro" islands are. A friend of mine moved there from California and is very happy. It's on my short bucket list to visit.

"If you are looking for activities in the sea, the Bocas Archipelago is a destination not to be missed. Its nine islands and thousands of islets, its crystal clear waters with a constant temperature of 79 °F (26 ºC) and its types of waves and surf spots have made it famous around the world."

Forbes;

https://www.forbes.com/sites/petertaylor/2023/06/14/ive-traveled-to-six-continents-and-bocas-del-toro-panam-is-about-to-become-the-coolest-place-on-earth-heres-why/

"We ultimately chose Panamá because of the stable government, U.S. dollar, overall safety, and zero hurricanes."

I lived in Panama for several years it's not all that great imho. Panama City is a mess, dirty oily pollution due to the cheap gas they use. that crap gets stuck to everything. Horrible traffic and I mean HORRIBLE. Outside Panama City the people are nicer but hard to find a nice place to live and it rains in Panama severely for at leat 5 months, then a few more months where it's still pretty bad. There is excellent weather from about Jan-Mar, that's their summer but the other 9 months are hot, humid, rainy, miserable. 

Also very poor and desperate people if you have anything of value it will get stolen eventually, unless you're in a condo in Panama City. 

In short, an almost nice place to visit for those 3 months of good weather. Other than that no way. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/19/2024 at 2:32 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

This cannot be helped.

Yep, all 81 million.

Real or forged.

Edited by G_Money
  • Haha 1

On 7/19/2024 at 4:32 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

Spot on ... and a case of som nam na

Live with your choice, if you chose to vote ... :coffee1:

USA  ... Love It or Leave It ...

... I left :cheesy:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/19/2024 at 5:32 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

This cannot be helped.

I have a question.  Are you informed? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

As Jimi also asked:

Are You Experienced?

Well....

I am.

Not the same thing though, and of course everyone is experienced. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/19/2024 at 12:32 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

I think that helped me to get rich.

Only in the US stupid people can be rich... some stupidest are Mega rich!

They spend money like no tomorrow...

Thank you America!

Now I have money and I can be unhappy in many other places and countries. Not ideal but what can I do?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

That's all you got??? HAHAHAHAHA

Maybe it’s the dictation software?  I’ve seen some pretty funny nonsense from people who were apparently using that kind of program but didn’t proofread what was typed.