Biden has pulled out of 2024 Presidential election race. What next?

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Your party - the GOP - is trying to control women's bodies by mandating they carry embryos to term, with women having no choice but to comply.

Tell me that's the GOP vision of freedom.

Your party - the Democrats - is trying to control women's bodies by mandating they kill every baby they conceive, at any time from concetion until the moment of birth, with women having no choice but to comply.

Tell me that's the Democrats vision of freedom.

I'm not a Republican

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Your party - the Democrats - is trying to control women's bodies by mandating they kill every baby they conceive, at any time from concetion until the moment of birth, with women having no choice but to comply.

I'm not a Republican

Please provide some data proving that Democrats want to mandate killing all babies.

In the absence of proof, you should delete your crazy post. I will assume that you were drunk when you posted.

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I'm not a Republican

Well I don't know what you are but your going off the wall here. May be best to talk about NZ only

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

So, you want to screw Americans out of their Social Security, but enjoy the benefits of free medical care in New Zealand.

Nice.

What is the deal with New Zealand? 

I have Social Security and Medicare. Unlike the you and the rest of the left, I do not want to screw anyone, at least not anyone I don't know. 

I would like to see Social Security and Medicare phased out, because I think it has done great harm to the country. 

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Please provide some data proving that Democrats want to mandate killing all babies.

In the absence of proof, you should delete your crazy post. I will assume that you were drunk when you posted.

You first. Please provide some data proving the GOP "...is trying to control women's bodies by mandating they carry embryos to term, with women having no choice but to comply."

In the absence of proof, you should delete your crazy post. I will assume that you were making it up like you always do, because "Truth is not a left-wing value.". 

10 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

More drunk posting.

What I said was: "Unlike you, I do not need someone on TV to tell me what to think. 

I like J.D. Vance, don't you?"

Why would you think I was drunk when I wrote that? 

Republicans begin to shake in their boots.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/24/trump-rally-harris-attacks-support-00171041

As Trump unloads on Harris, even his supporters see her gaining ground

Trump’s spokesperson says he doesn’t know if attacks referencing race or gender of Harris are “off limits,” but says Trump doesn’t do them.

Former President Donald Trump speaks at a campaign rally.

Former President Donald Trump speaks at a campaign rally in Charlotte, North Carolina, on July 24. | Matt Kelley/AP

By NATALIE ALLISON

07/24/2024 09:54 PM EDT

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

CHARLOTTE, North Carolina — Even Donald Trump’s supporters sense he suddenly has a tougher race on his hands.

As the former president unloaded on Kamala Harris in the swing state of North Carolina on Wednesday — calling her a “radical, left lunatic” at one point — faithful fans conceded that what had been a sleepy contest had abruptly become something quite different.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Well I don't know what you are but your going off the wall here. May be best to talk about NZ only

Where were you when dude was lying about what the GOP wants to do? 

I know nothing about New Zealand except that the dairy is good, the beef okay and the fishing is supposed to be great. 

16 minutes ago, marin said:

Republicans begin to shake in their boots.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/24/trump-rally-harris-attacks-support-00171041

As Trump unloads on Harris, even his supporters see her gaining ground

Trump’s spokesperson says he doesn’t know if attacks referencing race or gender of Harris are “off limits,” but says Trump doesn’t do them.

Former President Donald Trump speaks at a campaign rally.

Former President Donald Trump speaks at a campaign rally in Charlotte, North Carolina, on July 24. | Matt Kelley/AP

By NATALIE ALLISON

07/24/2024 09:54 PM EDT

•  

A little bump got Harris but Trump ahead .  And Trump should accept JD resignation letter and pick Rubio. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/us/elections/polls-president.html see https://www.realclearpolling.com/polls/president/general/2024/trump-vs-harris

Edited by morrobay

7 minutes ago, morrobay said:

And Trump should accept JD resignation letter and pick Rubio

So you are admitting Vance was a bad choice and should be dumped or there could be huge repercussions? Like a sure loss in the upcoming election?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

What is the deal with New Zealand? 

I have Social Security and Medicare. Unlike the you and the rest of the left, I do not want to screw anyone, at least not anyone I don't know. 

I would like to see Social Security and Medicare phased out, because I think it has done great harm to the country. 

What is this great harm you are talking about?

1 hour ago, morrobay said:

A little bump got Harris but Trump ahead .  And Trump should accept JD resignation letter and pick Rubio. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/us/elections/polls-president.html see https://www.realclearpolling.com/polls/president/general/2024/trump-vs-harris

The historical polling has Trump leading long before she has become the possible canidate.

Here is some new insightful polling data.

The likely 2024 presidential election campaign between Vice President Kamala Harris and former President Donald Trump begins with no clear leader, according to a new CNN poll conducted by SSRS after President Joe Biden ended his bid for reelection.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/07/24/politics/cnn-poll-kamala-harris-donald-trump/index.html

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

The historical polling has Trump leading long before she has become the possible canidate.

Here is some new insightful polling data.

The likely 2024 presidential election campaign between Vice President Kamala Harris and former President Donald Trump begins with no clear leader, according to a new CNN poll conducted by SSRS after President Joe Biden ended his bid for reelection.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/07/24/politics/cnn-poll-kamala-harris-donald-trump/index.html

Yeah, the left's betting the bait & switch will work. The press will (now) blame Biden for everything, anoint Kamala and try to ruin anyone that says anything negative about her by claiming they are racist, misogynist, Hitler and whatnot. 

That she was a rich kid with average grades at an average school that flunked the bar the first time, and only got anywhere by having sex with Willie Brown matters not. 

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

You first. Please provide some data proving the GOP "...is trying to control women's bodies by mandating they carry embryos to term, with women having no choice but to comply."

In the absence of proof, you should delete your crazy post. I will assume that you were making it up like you always do, because "Truth is not a left-wing value.". 

The project seeks to cut funding for Medicare and Medicaid,[24][25] and urges the government to explicitly reject abortion as health care.[26][27] The project seeks to eliminate coverage of emergency contraception under the Affordable Care Act[24] and enforce the Comstock Act to prosecute those who send and receive contraceptives and abortion pills nationwide.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Did you not understand the question?

What about my question about the great harm Social Security and Medicare has done?  How do you propose phasing out these two programs without screwing (your words) anyone?

6 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

What about my question about the great harm Social Security and Medicare has done?  How do you propose phasing out these two programs without screwing (your words) anyone?

What about it? Did you not like my answer? 

15 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

What about it? Did you not like my answer? 

Why don't you admit that you have no "real" answer?  If you cannot explain the  great damage Social Security and Medicare have done as you have claimed, just say so.

18 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Where were you when dude was lying about what the GOP wants to do? 

I know nothing about New Zealand except that the dairy is good, the beef okay and the fishing is supposed to be great. 

And don't talk about the sheep... 

7 hours ago, Hawaiian said:

Why don't you admit that you have no "real" answer?  If you cannot explain the  great damage Social Security and Medicare have done as you have claimed, just say so.

Did I not answer? Sorry. The citizenry has grown too dependent on government, which results in us relinquishing our power to the state. 

On 7/23/2024 at 4:31 PM, marin said:

Does it matter? Money is flowing in

Of course it matters if they are donating to the candidate whomever it is or they are donating to Harris the person.

If money won HRC would still be POTUS, IMO. I think hatred of Washington trumps money.

12 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Did I not answer? Sorry. The citizenry has grown too dependent on government, which results in us relinquishing our power to the state. 

Without Social Security and Medicare many retirees would be relying on government handouts to survive and maintain their health.  At least both programs are mostly funded by the beneficiaries, otherwise taxes would have to be raised on the existing workforce to pay for these handouts. IMO, most potential and existing beneficiaries approve of this.

Medicare reimbursements to providers are ridiculously low, but on the other hand private health insurers are doing the same thing.  The end result is a shortage of health professionals.  Both types of health insurance are to blame.

So, some harm, but not great harm.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2024 at 5:37 AM, Yellowtail said:

I'm not a Republican

Making stuff up, as usual. 😀

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Of course it matters if they are donating to the candidate whomever it is or they are donating to Harris the person.

If money won HRC would still be POTUS, IMO. I think hatred of Washington trumps money.

Lol! Hillary won the popular vote! Her problem was not the number of votes, it was the geographical distribution of votes. 😀

8 hours ago, Hawaiian said:

Without Social Security and Medicare many retirees would be relying on government handouts to survive and maintain their health. 

Is that not what I said? 

At least both programs are mostly funded by the beneficiaries, otherwise taxes would have to be raised on the existing workforce to pay for these handouts. IMO, most potential and existing beneficiaries approve of this.

Both programs are largely underfunded, and to the extent they are funded, it is by mostly future beneficiaries. 

Medicare reimbursements to providers are ridiculously low, but on the other hand private health insurers are doing the same thing.  The end result is a shortage of health professionals.  Both types of health insurance are to blame.

So, some harm, but not great harm.

First, are you saying there is a shortage of doctors? 

And if that is what you are saying, you are attributing that shortage to poor compensation? 

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Is that not what I said? 

Both programs are largely underfunded, and to the extent they are funded, it is by mostly future beneficiaries. 

First, are you saying there is a shortage of doctors? 

And if that is what you are saying, you are attributing that shortage to poor compensation? 

Hawaii, where I live, has the highest cost of living in the country.  Study after study shows many doctors retiring early or are leaving the state because of inadequate reimbursements by both Medicare and private insurers.  Not sure how widespread the problem is.

The restrictions on how Social Security is allowed to reinvest its revenues is one major issue for being underfunded. 

In conclusion, I agree that we have problems that need to be addressed sooner, rather than latter, but think both programs are worth fixing and saving although it appears the political will is lacking.

52 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

Hawaii, where I live, has the highest cost of living in the country.  Study after study shows many doctors retiring early or are leaving the state because of inadequate reimbursements by both Medicare and private insurers.  Not sure how widespread the problem is.

The restrictions on how Social Security is allowed to reinvest its revenues is one major issue for being underfunded. 

In conclusion, I agree that we have problems that need to be addressed sooner, rather than latter, but think both programs are worth fixing and saving although it appears the political will is lacking.

I would like to add that over the years a variety of features were added to basic Social Security with no provision for additional revenues to pay for them.  These were voting buying moves by politicians to get reelected.