Kasikorn Banking Problem.

2 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Doesn't sound very smart!   😉

They weren't when I started building 1G networks in the UK in 1987, since then I have built mobile networks in about 20 countries worldwide.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You're being left behind already, most people scan to pay using their phone at least some of the time, you no chance 

Wrong again.

Perhaps most of the people you know scan to pay on their mobile some of the time, but not everybody does.

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

mainly a younger person thing, younger as in below 60s, older are resistant to change

Older people are not resistant to change, but we generally change when it is necessary, not when it is fashionable or when some fashionista thinks it is a good idea.

One of the things I was taught as a young engineer was a simple rule which holds true today.

If it works, then don't screw about with it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Wrong again.

Perhaps most of the people you know scan to pay on their mobile some of the time, but not everybody does.

Older people are not resistant to change, but we generally change when it is necessary, not when it is fashionable or when some fashionista thinks it is a good idea.

One of the things I was taught as a young engineer was a simple rule which holds true today.

If it works, then don't screw about with it.

Or to paraphrase: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The slider on Lazada is just to make sure it is you. Depending on your virus/malware installation and possible other programs the site detects more traffic from your PC than it would otherwise have.

36 minutes ago, Stocky said:

I have, otherwise I wouldn't have said so.

That's with the usual caveats, which apply to a PC as much as a smartphone. Make sure the operating system is fully patched, that the banking app is from your bank, you don't disclose your login details to a 3rd party and observe all normal security protocols like not using public WiFi etc.

In my humble opinion and many others it's safer not using the phone app .

Why did they change something that was perfectly working on the pc laptop what is easy to operate  into a mobile app what one can't use because of the  size and pressing  wrong and double digits. I maybe getting too old for this .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, digger70 said:

In my humble opinion and many others it's safer not using the phone app .

Why did they change something that was perfectly working on the pc laptop what is easy to operate  into a mobile app what one can't use because of the  size and pressing  wrong and double digits. I maybe getting too old for this .

That is why I use my pc for banking, downloading and editing my bank statements, and one reason why there are no banking apps on my phone.

• Agree 1

On 7/22/2024 at 1:26 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

I use both, on the WWW on my desktop PC, and the app on my phone.

Recently the app had some kind of quiz game. I clicked a couple of times on the skip button.

Now I couldn't skip anymore, and I had to answer some stupid questions which every bank user should be able to answer.

I wonder what will come next. Maybe a couple of pages of cartoons to read before I can use the app?

Annoying! 

I think that what u r referring to is not a game. It is to try and make customers scam aware. Couldnt see it being very effective though. UK banks all do similar these days as banking scams r at record levels.

4 hours ago, rocketboy2 said:
5 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

All the bank staff I have talked to and interacted with use their smart phones for a part of their work 

Yes of course they do, but its mostly for playing on face book and line in office hours.

As I said the staff I interacted with were using the phones for part of their work, not for  facebook or line. They may well have used other apps when not  assisting me, but didn’t while I was their customer.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, billd766 said:

How many very urgent money transfers, maybe a medical emergency, have you made in the last 12 months?

None, but I'm ready to make it in a minute if i need to in an emergency 

8 hours ago, digger70 said:

mobile app what one can't use because of the  size and pressing  wrong and double digits. I maybe getting too old for this .

It's possible if you started using a smartphone sooner you wouldn't be having these problems, but it's likely an age related brain deterioration thing

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's possible if you started using a smartphone sooner you wouldn't be having these problems, but it's likely an age related brain deterioration thing

Yes that's possible ,But I have  a  problem with the smartphones for that matter any phone  that my fingers are    bigger than the digits on the phones so I touch too many.  Wrong ones Too many  mistakes

That's on top of the Apps are not Safe.

And Yes the Brain lets not talk about that ,that's been going  down for some time .

10 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Yes that's possible ,But I have  a  problem with the smartphones for that matter any phone  that my fingers are    bigger than the digits on the phones so I touch too many.  Wrong ones Too many  mistakes

That's on top of the Apps are not Safe.

And Yes the Brain lets not talk about that ,that's been going  down for some time .

There are ways to make the text and keyboard larger, even blind people can use smartphones these days

8 hours ago, billd766 said:

That is why I use my pc for banking, downloading and editing my bank statements, and one reason why there are no banking apps on my phone.

Yes , but I have the problem that one of my Stupid Banks has stopped the Internet banking and one can Only use the App on the Phone.I went to see the  bank they just looked stupid and smiled and said we don't know Why. 

I Tried to use the App on the phone at home  with WI FI cause I don 't use Internet on the Phone ,What a disaster to navigate and too slow . I Deleted the stupid thing and I go change  banks that for the time being  Still have Internet Banking.

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

There are ways to make the text and keyboard larger, even blind people can use smartphones these days

That's nice ,I just Don't like using phones ,phones are for phone calls.

.I don't even carry one most of the time only when I have to.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

As I said the staff I interacted with were using the phones for part of their work, not for  facebook or line. They may well have used other apps when not  assisting me, but didn’t while I was their customer.

Some people will always argue black is white.

What colour is your day going to be today. :coffee1:.

Edited by rocketboy2

On 7/22/2024 at 5:01 AM, Mason45 said:

I've been using Kasikorn Bank for 22 years, over that time I've found their services ok. The banks latest brain fart is a slider when logging in online. There's no arrow or indication suggesting which direction the slider should be moved to, any ideas? Thanks.

It only happens one time ,,   just click it.. it will give you a disclosure to read and accept then it never happens again

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Luuk Chaai said:

It only happens one time ,,   just click it.. it will give you a disclosure to read and accept then it never happens again

Until the next time, there is some new rule or regulation you need to acknowledge.