Kamala Harris Running Mate Update: Jim Clyburn Names Three Governors as Potential VP Picks

Social Media

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Like said earlier ,your ignorance on the matter is impenetrable.

Oh really?

India and Jamaica are in Africa? Who knew? 😃

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, marin said:

It is!! He is thicker than his leader Trump. 

I guess he thinks the black Jamaicans came from Sweden. 

You know what Mark Twain said “it is better to keep your mouth shut…. He didn’t. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

30 minutes ago, marin said:

It is!! He is thicker than his leader Trump. 

I guess he thinks the black Jamaicans came from Sweden. 

Another genius 😃

Taino are from the Caribbean by the way, not Africa you donut. 

image.png.b39da73f964b86100394191e49f9b381.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

You know what Mark Twain said “it is better to keep your mouth shut…. He didn’t. 

Your ignorance knows no bounds. 

Harris is mixed race - Indian mixed with Jamaican. 

She is also the descendent of Irish slave owners. Bet you didn't know that...

https://www.irishtimes.com/ireland/2024/07/23/kamala-harris-is-a-descendant-of-an-irish-slave-owner-in-jamaica/#:~:text=Presumptive Democratic nominee and US,Shyamala Gopalan Harris from India.

image.png.f5bf859768239372b3e37a58c12d3a65.png

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Oh really?

India and Jamaica are in Africa? Who knew? 😃

Comprehension might not be your thing:

The legal definition of Black American:

e) Where designation of persons by race, color or national origin is required, the following designations shall be used: 

(1) Black, not of Hispanic Origin. A person having origins in any of the black racial groups of Africa.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Comprehension might not be your thing:

e) Where designation of persons by race, color or national origin is required, the following designations shall be used: 

(1) Black, not of Hispanic Origin. A person having origins in any of the black racial groups of Africa.

Yes. Harris is Indian mixed with Irish/Jamaican.

I guess Geography might not be your thing.

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Yes. Harris is Indian mixed with Irish/Jamaican.

I guess Geography might not be your thing.

Are you now compounding your ignorance of understanding Harris’ race with confusion between race and nationality?

Or are you back tracking in an effort to further embarrass yourself?

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

So you accept she's mixed race?

Let me add a bit more highlighting to the text of the law, just so can’t reasonably deny you missed it.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Why do you focus only on number 1 and cut out number 3? 

image.png.6a534e3d266cadfec2cab84460fe85aa.png

So by your definition, Harris is both Asian and black (and part white) since her father is Jamaican/Irish and her mother is Indian.

In other words, she is mixed race. 

47 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Why do you focus only on number 1 and cut out number 3? 

image.png.6a534e3d266cadfec2cab84460fe85aa.png

So by your definition, Harris is both Asian and black (and part white) since her father is Jamaican/Irish and her mother is Indian.

In other words, she is mixed race. 

Because Jonny, Harris is both and can be both.

I haven’t disputed she’s of mixed race.

Are up to date on the distinction between race and nationality yet, or do you need that explaining too?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I haven’t disputed she’s of mixed race.

Finally!! That only took about 20 posts to acknowledge that. 😄

Strange then that she focuses on the "black" part. Clearly to try to get the black vote. Very cynical. Still, she's a Dem so what do you expect...

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Are up to date on the distinction between race and nationality yet, or do you need that explaining too?

Perfectly clear Chomps. Are you clear on the fact that Harris is a mixed race descendant of slave owners?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Finally!! That only took about 20 posts to acknowledge that. 😄

Strange then that she focuses on the "black" part. Clearly to try to get the black vote. Very cynical. Still, she's a Dem so what do you expect...

Perfectly clear Chomps. Are you clear on the fact that Harris is a mixed race descendant of slave owners?

You obviously were not paying attention while you were desperately digging the hole you got yourself into, I have underlined the bit you obviously missed, or ignored:

On 7/23/2024 at 3:32 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

Jonny, like very many Americans she’s of mixed race, she is proud of her mixed heritage:

CLAIM: Harris is not Black.

THE FACTS: This is false. Harris is Black and Indian. Her father, Donald Harris, is a Black man who was born in Jamaica. Shyamala Gopalan, her mother, was born in southern India. Harris has spoken publicly for many years, including in her 2019 autobiography, about how she identifies with the heritage of both her parents.”

Forgive the linked article Jonny, while it corrects your customary ill informed nonsense, it also includes a few ‘trigger words’ that might set you off.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/wireStory/fact-focus-false-claims-kamala-harris-campaign-white-112178476

Anyhow, good to see you’ve stopped digging.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Your ignorance knows no bounds. 

Harris is mixed race - Indian mixed with Jamaican. 

She is also the descendent of Irish slave owners. Bet you didn't know that...

https://www.irishtimes.com/ireland/2024/07/23/kamala-harris-is-a-descendant-of-an-irish-slave-owner-in-jamaica/#:~:text=Presumptive Democratic nominee and US,Shyamala Gopalan Harris from India.

image.png.f5bf859768239372b3e37a58c12d3a65.png

Black Americans often have a white ancestor, as it was quite frequent for slave owners to have forced sex with their female slaves......

• Agree 1

On 7/23/2024 at 5:51 AM, Jingthing said:

Any democrat on the ticket will support Israel over Hamas terrorists. Jew or not. 

There is a difference between a politician not willing to touch the third rail of American politics and a politician who has a record of unabashed  support . Sanders is jewish and not only did I support his candidacy I also contributed money I could have otherwise used , not being wealthy. 

A VP pick can help a little , but it can hurt a lot.  (Dan Quayle , Sarah Palin) The question is "Would a Shapiro pick help more than it would hurt"  I content that it has the potential to hurt more than it can help. , as the article below supports. Especially with  Harris' strongest support group . the young.

I would like her to pic Whitmer, because I have listen to her many interviews and am very impressed with her,  but I am pretty sure she will pick Mark Kelly  .

Harris' campaign theme is "don't go back, let's look to the future" , and nothing says future more than an astronaut hero. Add his wife Gabby Giffords to the mix ,and the 11 electoral votes and it makes him an irresistible choice  with little down side. Shapiro will be offered a cabinet choice. 

Please save this reply so in the next few weeks  you can serve me crow if I am wrong. 

"Thousands fill Washington’s streets to protest Israel’s war in Gaza during Netanyahu visit

https://apnews.com/article/israel-netanyahu-gaza-war-congress-joint-session-9a7885972989b2397b49e5b971ffe0e0

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You obviously were not paying attention while you were desperately digging the hole you got yourself into, I have underlined the bit you obviously missed, or ignored:

Anyhow, good to see you’ve stopped digging.

Digging? What you talking about. As I said all along she's mixed race. You were the one denying it. 

Indian name, Indian features, grew up in Indian culture. But she now focuses on the black part of her heritage to try and get the black vote. The Dems always banging on about how she's a 'strong black woman' but never 'a strong Indian woman'. 

The cringe video she did recently where she started acting like she was from the hood was like watching Ali G doing a skit. It was Cosplay. Embarrassing. 

Deeply cynical. Disingenuous. Quite disrespectful as well. But hey it's the Dems so I expect no more of them.  

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, marin said:

Jonny is this you? Please take the advice.

trouble-in.gif

What hole? She's mixed race. Indian and Jamaican/Irish.

The Dems call her black to get the black vote. 

Cue lots of emojis from the Libs but no actual contradiction of my statement. 😃

6 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Digging? What you talking about. As I said all along she's mixed race. You were the one denying it. 

Indian name, Indian features, grew up in Indian culture. But she now focuses on the black part of her heritage to try and get the black vote. The Dems always banging on about how she's a 'strong black woman' but never 'a strong Indian woman'. 

The cringe video she did recently where she started acting like she was from the hood was like watching Ali G doing a skit. It was Cosplay. Embarrassing. 

Deeply cynical. Disingenuous. Quite disrespectful as well. But hey it's the Dems so I expect no more of them.  

Honestly I thank you for not letting yourself end the dribble.

The emoji of you not puting down the shovel and continuing to dig a deeper hole.

Made me laugh so hard.

Keep on trucking.

Johnny does a good job.

Edited by earlinclaifornia

13 hours ago, candide said:

Black Americans often have a white ancestor, as it was quite frequent for slave owners to have forced sex with their female slaves......

That's true.

It's also true that we have no control over what our ancestors may or may not have done. Liberals would do well to remember that because it can come back to bite them. 

My point stands. Harris is a descendant of slave owners. 

1 minute ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Honestly I thank you for not letting yourself end the dribble.

The emoji of you not puting down the shovel and continuing to dig a deeper hole.

Made me laugh so hard.

Keep on trucking.

I note you have nothing of substance to contradict my points.

Just gifs and emojis.

1 minute ago, marin said:

The hole that just got deeper after your post.  I can see why you are enamored of Trump. Clueless. 

I see you also have nothing of substance to contradict my points.

Got any more GIF's? They're about your level...

I repeat. Harris is mixed race, mainly Indian, playing the black card for the black vote. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Just gifs and emojis.

Yeah, Your the man Johnny and we will not take that away from you!

Edited by earlinclaifornia
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Just gifs and emojis.

Unlike me who turned with credible links to reports of Harris’ own long expressed views on the matter, and the actual legal definitions.

All you have is your utter and impermeable ignorance on the subject and a very curious fixation with the racial background of Kamala Harris wedded to a very shaky understanding of the distinction between race and nationality.

In your favor, you just can’t stop digging.

2 minutes ago, marin said:

Dont need words for you Jonny, 

Roughly translated as "I haven't got a counter argument so I will post a GIF and hope someone likes it'.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Unlike me who turned with credible links to reports of Harris’ own long expressed views on the matter, and the actual legal definitions.

All you have is your utter and impermeable ignorance on the subject and a very curious fixation with the racial background of Kamala Harris wedded to a very shaky understanding of the distinction between race and nationality.

In your favor, you just can’t stop digging.

I have no issue with her being mixed race.

My issue is with the cynical attempts by the Democrats to pass her off as a "black woman" to get the black vote. Pretty much dismissing her Indian heritage.

It is dishonest and disrespectful. But then, it's the Dems so I shouldn't be surprised. 3 weeks ago you were all claiming Biden was sharp as a tack and now you're claiming Harris is a strong, intelligent black woman. You wouldn't know the truth if it fell on you from 50ft. 

• Like 1