Kamala Harris Running Mate Update: Jim Clyburn Names Three Governors as Potential VP Picks

Social Media

8 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I have no issue with her being mixed race.

My issue is with the cynical attempts by the Democrats to pass her off as a "black woman" to get the black vote. Pretty much dismissing her Indian heritage.

It is dishonest and disrespectful. But then, it's the Dems so I shouldn't be surprised. 3 weeks ago you were all claiming Biden was sharp as a tack and now you're claiming Harris is a strong, intelligent black woman. You wouldn't know the truth if it fell on you from 50ft. 

I look forward to you producing a quote from me stating ‘Biden is as sharp as a tack’.

Once you’ve done that we can circle back to discuss the veracity of the rest of what you say in this post.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

The Dems always banging on about how she's a 'strong black woman' but never 'a strong Indian woman'. 

That is not true, every time I hear her ethnicity described on TV, it is always as black and south asean. Is se often described as a "Strong Black woman" ???  which she is! 

Of course she is , 15% of the US population identifies as black , where only 1.3 of asian indian. Blacks overwhelmingly voting Democratic. If you were Her , which part would you emphasize, and if she did not wouldn't you say she was stupid? 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Yes, she is either described as both or as black. But never as Indian only, even though if you break it down her Brahmin Indian part is the biggest. It is pretty obviously political.  

You mean she’s knocking it out of the political park right now, so want to drag up your issues with race and caste.

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I look forward to you producing a quote from me stating ‘Biden is as sharp as a tack’.

Once you’ve done that we can circle back to discuss the veracity of the rest of what you say in this post.

Ahh, throwing him under the bus now I see. He's served his purpose. Time to gaslight about Harris. 

Utterly predictable. 

Just as predictable as your attempts to dismiss all criticism of Harris as either sexist or racist. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Ahh, throwing him under the bus now I see. He's served his purpose. Time to gaslight about Harris. 

Utterly predictable. 

Just as predictable as your attempts to dismiss all criticism of Harris as either sexist or racist. 

No Jonny, I’m asking you to provide a quote from me stating ‘Biden is as sharp as a tack’. Your claim, now back it up.

Once you have done so, we’ll circle back to your post and examine the veracity of everything else you had to say.

You made the claim Jonny, now back it up.

Or you could retract and admit your claim was untrue.

• Love It 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

No Jonny, I’m asking you to provide a quote from me stating ‘Biden is as sharp as a tack’. Your claim, now back it up.

Once you have done so, we’ll circle back to your post and examine the veracity of everything else you had to say.

You made the claim Jonny, now back it up.

Or you could retract and admit your claim was untrue.

You were supportive of Biden and dismissed claims that he was incapable. Of course I'm not going to waste my time going through your hundreds of posts every day to see if you used the exact phrase "sharp as a tack" (that's why I used inverted commas to convey that was the general message) but that was the theme of your posts. "Nothing to see here, he's fine". (note the inverted commas again, so please don't ask me to find a post of yours using that exact phrase). 

Now, you've thrown him under the bus to gaslight about Harris being a serious, competent human being.

It's as predicatable as it is dishonest. 

15 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You mean she’s knocking it out of the political park right now, so want to drag up your issues with race and caste.

If by "knocking it out of the park", you mean jumping a full 1.5% in the national polls, then yes she is. But if history is any indication, she starts strong and finishes very weak.  

I am also curious as to the "grassroots, from the bottom up" process by which she is being awarded the nomination. Chuck Schumer didn't give any details about it...

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

You were supportive of Biden and dismissed claims that he was incapable. Of course I'm not going to waste my time going through your hundreds of posts every day to see if you used the exact phrase "sharp as a tack" (that's why I used inverted commas to convey that was the general message) but that was the theme of your posts. "Nothing to see here, he's fine". (note the inverted commas again, so please don't ask me to find a post of yours using that exact phrase). 

Now, you've thrown him under the bus to gaslight about Harris being a serious, competent human being.

It's as predicatable as it is dishonest. 

Here’s what’s predictable and dishonest Jonny.

You claim I said something fail to back up your claim when challenged and then engage in sophistry to in an attempt to cover your tracks.

Oh and I do support and admire President Biden, he’s done and is doing a great job.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

If by "knocking it out of the park", you mean jumping a full 1.5% in the national polls, then yes she is. But if history is any indication, she starts strong and finishes very weak.  

I am also curious as to the "grassroots, from the bottom up" process by which she is being awarded the nomination. Chuck Schumer didn't give any details about it...

Don’t forget the grass roots led fund raising:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4786610-harris-breaks-fundraising-record/amp/

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You claim I said something fail to back up your claim when challenged and then engage in sophistry to in an attempt to cover your tracks.

Pedantry. You were claiming Biden was fine.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh and I do support and admire President Biden, he’s done and is doing a great job.

See, you just did it again. 

Deeply dishonest. But I understand. It would be tough to admit that Biden is incapable of doing the job and that Harris is a weak DEI pick. 

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Don’t forget the grass roots led fund raising:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4786610-harris-breaks-fundraising-record/amp/

I have no issue with the fundraising, it has been building up for weeks. The money was drying up for Biden, the donors were waiting to see who was next.

Now about the "grassroots, ground up" campaign that has seemingly elevated Kamala to the top spot on the ticket, any ideas what it is about?

Here is what Schumer said 48 hours after Biden quit;

“When I spoke with her Sunday, she said she wanted the opportunity to win from the grassroots up, not top-down,” Schumer began. “We deeply respected that, Hakeem and I did. She said she would work to earn the support of our party and boy has she done so in short order. So now that the process has played out from the grassroots, bottom up, we are here today to throw our support behind Vice President Kamala Harris!” 

https://nypost.com/2024/07/23/us-news/schumer-jeffries-set-to-endorse-kamala-harris-as-dem-nominee/

• Confused 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

Pedantry. You were claiming Biden was fine.

See, you just did it again. 

Deeply dishonest. But I understand. It would be tough to admit that Biden is incapable of doing the job and that Harris is a weak DEI pick. 

I don’t have to admit anything you imagine on my behalf Jonny.

You’ve claimed I said ‘Biden is a sharp as a tack’, your words, not mine.

Now either produce a quote of me making that statement or retract your claim.

It’s a simple as that Jonny.

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I have no issue with the fundraising, it has been building up for weeks. The money was drying up for Biden, the donors were waiting to see who was next.

Now about the "grassroots, ground up" campaign that has seemingly elevated Kamala to the top spot on the ticket, any ideas what it is about?

“When I spoke with her Sunday, she said she wanted the opportunity to win from the grassroots up, not top-down,” Schumer began. “We deeply respected that, Hakeem and I did. She said she would work to earn the support of our party and boy has she done so in short order. So now that the process has played out from the grassroots, bottom up, we are here today to throw our support behind Vice President Kamala Harris!” 

https://nypost.com/2024/07/23/us-news/schumer-jeffries-set-to-endorse-kamala-harris-as-dem-nominee/

Are you a busy fly touring round many walls.............😂

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

People expressing opinions v people writing a check to show their support, in record numbers.

That’s what I like to see.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Trump relied on a small cadre of rich donors showing the early success of his pivot to wealthy benefactors to finance his presidential bid. The significance of campaign donations from handful of billionaires and from thousands of grassroot small donors cannot be overemphasized. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I don’t have to admit anything you imagine on my behalf Jonny.

You’ve claimed I said ‘Biden is a sharp as a tack’, your words, not mine.

Now either produce a quote of me making that statement or retract your claim.

It’s a simple as that Jonny.

"Sharp as a tack" was a summary of your claims that Biden was fine. You have repeated these claims on this thread, further proving my point. 

Now, away with your pedantry and back to your lies. Biden is not fine, and Harris is not competent. 

21 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

"Sharp as a tack" was a summary of your claims that Biden was fine. You have repeated these claims on this thread, further proving my point. 

Now, away with your pedantry and back to your lies. Biden is not fine, and Harris is not competent. 

Oh do I never made any such statement.

Thank you for admitting you made it up Jonny.

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh do I never made any such statement.

Thank you for admitting you made it up Jonny.

So you do not think he is fine?

Could you confirm? 

49 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Did that 1.1 million new contributor's impress 

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Yes, she is either described as both or as black. But never as Indian only, even though if you break it down her Brahmin Indian part is the biggest. It is pretty obviously political.  

Is this a Cultural event or is it a political event? 

Of course a candidate will emphasize that which will produce the most votes. If it was you which would you emphasize? that which will return you 15% or that which will return you 1% 

53 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Did that 1.1 million new contributor's impress 

Hell yeah, it is a very impressive start. No question.  But if you review her 2020 campaign, it was remarkably similar. Lots of buzz in the beginning but tailed off.   

We shall see. I think the GOP was hoping for Biden to run, but Kamala was their next choice. They can tar her with the same brush regarding Biden's failed policies. Plus her own rather radical ideas.  IMHO one of the more moderate governors would have been a stronger candidate at the top of the ticket.

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

My issue is with the cynical attempts by the Democrats to pass her off as a "black woman" to get the black vote. Pretty much dismissing her Indian heritage.

I am sure you have more issues than that. They are not passing her as an african american woman. She is one!!! and  like all of us, she is that and much more. but this is a political event and not a sociology class. and in political events emphasize that which will provide the best result, all  politicians do that.

Why are we even talking about that?

What? next Trump will not emphasize his Anglo-Saxon background? would you argue  that he should  also emphasize  his Orange Orangutan DNA also :laugh:  

She does not hide her indian heritage,she embraces it.  she talks about that all the time . The prevalent meme people associate with her is the coconut and or, coconut tree,  do you know why? If you don't look it up.  

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, JonnyF said:

But given her affair with Willie to get promotion, it doesn't seem that morality is really her thing. 

Yes, the morality card.

Ohhh, Donald.

34 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I am sure you have more issues than that. They are not passing her as an african american woman. She is one!!! and  like all of us, she is that and much more. but this is a political event and not a sociology class. and in political events emphasize that which will provide the best result, all  politicians do that.

Why are we even talking about that?

What? next Trump will not emphasize his Anglo-Saxon background? would you argue  that he should  also emphasize  his Orange Orangutan DNA also :laugh:  

She does not hide her indian heritage,she embraces it.  she talks about that all the time . The prevalent meme people associate with her is the coconut and or, coconut tree,  do you know why? If you don't look it up.  

My issue is more with the Democrats than her per se. 

It's always "first black woman" this and that. Never "First Indian woman" despite the fact she has more Indian heritage than she does black. It's cynical, and dishonest.

Actually I'd rather they focus on her abilities and character than her race but I don't think that would end well for Kamala. She's a DEI pick and therefore has to focus on her immutable characteristics to stand a chance. If they focused on character and ability she'd be toast, and they know it. 

But hey it's the Dems so it's par for the course. Dishonesty? Check. Focus on race? Check. Focus on gender? Check. Call everyone who criticizes her racist/sexist? Check. Pick the best candidate irrespective of immutable characteristics? Not a chance. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Actually I'd rather they focus on her abilities and character than her race but I don't think that would end well for Kamala.

I disagree with your assertion that they are focusing on her ethnicity rather than her abilities and character,

Did you even watch her speech? 

She is a black american woman and is described as that, also even more  often mentioned, AG of California, California senator. US VP. UC Law. Howard University political science and economics.  Vastly more qualified than trump ever was and  will ever  be. 

What did trump study? Bone spurs?      

• Agree 1