MFP remains resolute ahead of key court ruling

Dissolving the party is typical third-world lawfare.  Unfortunately, the third-world mentality is beginning to creep into the West, so perhaps I should say that it is indicative of countries which embrace a totalitarian mentality.  Considering Thailand this country has been run via coups since the 1930s, i.e., totalitarianism. 

Anyway - the MFP shouldn't be dissolved.  All it does is disenfranchise the voters and p*ss them off.  If you can't let the population vent at the ballot box then they'll vent on the street.  Better to allow new parties to compete or run the risk of domestic discord at best and actual revolution at worse. 

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

And this whole show is only because the MFP wanted to amend a ancient outdated law..........If dissolved it shows the real democracy of Thailand

Or lack thereof 

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

MFP’s attempts to amend Section 112 of the Criminal Code suggested an intention to undermine the constitutional monarchy.

Which in a constitutional monarchy (vs absolute monarchy) legislative power is within the authority of the electorate represented by their elected legislators to do so. To be denied legislative authority of the electorate in effect deprives the people of their sovereignty as specifically defined in the constitution.

See "Authoritarian Constitution-Making in Thailand, 2015-16: Elite (aphichon) Capture Turns a "Dual Polity " into a " System of Elite Rule with Elections," or a "Thai-style Authoritarianism," September 2016 by Michael H. Nelson

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/

• Like 1

I’m sure they are prepared for the worst considering how things are run here, but hopefully they will get a victory for themselves and the people. 

• Agree 1