Thailand to Control Cannabis Use through Laws, Not by Re-categorising it as a Narcotic

1 hour ago, stoner said:

you aint prove me wrong nuthin son. 🙂

agreed my friend. and i hope tour predictions are right. i can testify to the fact that you have remained steadfast in your convictions and i hope your business prospers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paul1804 said:

Control cannabis use through laws, the law is only enforced in Thailand when there is a financial advantage for those enforcing! 

They cannot even enforce motor bike riders to wear a Helmut so their chances of controlling the use of cannabis is pie in the sky stuff, when there is a personal financial advantage then things happen in Thailand!

Well, knowing the RTP, their members should be running all of the cannabis shops by the end of next year, and pushing out the small mom and pop shops. Anyone who thinks this will do anything good for Thailand is delusional. Thailand is not ready for legalization of cannabis, they need to work on instituting a real police force first, then enforcing existing laws (all of them), along with rooting out long entrenched corruption. You can't add relaxing of drugs in a society of lawbreakers and corrupt entities and expect positive results.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Good Afternoon,

Sounds like a start lets see if the draft and bill are actually passed by January 5555555You know how things change BY wind direction quickly in Thailand 5555🙂 However, 🙂 This reminds me of an ancient story !! 🙂 The Trojan Horse that was gifted to the city of Troy, Well the rest is history read about it !! 🙂 So with those thoughts Shops and Framers PROTECT YOUR LEGAL INTREST !!! ESPECIALLY THROUGH THIS PROCESS  !!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Pinot said:

Let's make the 28 Billion Baht weed business that will double in 2025 illegal again?

The BIB are praying to baby Buddha for this to happen. 

It's not going to happen, as the deal to support the 10,000 baht scam scheme has been done.

45 minutes ago, paul1804 said:

Control cannabis use through laws, the law is only enforced in Thailand when there is a financial advantage for those enforcing! 

They cannot even enforce motor bike riders to wear a Helmut so their chances of controlling the use of cannabis is pie in the sky stuff, when there is a personal financial advantage then things happen in Thailand!

They actually have believe it or not Government Medical I.D. with an annula fee 🙂 So basically you do have this id then fines I'm very sure 🙂 So the industry makes out , The Government and Police 🙂

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, dinsdale said:

If it happens that regulation rather than recriminalisation will actually occur then this is the logical move. Let's see what plays out and what "laws" will come into play. One thing is for sure Thaksin will not be happy. I wonder what behind doors negotiations have taken place. 

Behind closed doors? Nah,  on the Golf Course more like! ...............Anutin Birdied..........Takki Bogied !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Actually it's you who appears to struggle with the truth. For the past two years you have been insisting that smoking Cannabis was illegal in Thailand. It's only recently you have stopped that. I don't know why you keep posting on a subject about which you clearly have not even a clue.

Not this 🙂 Its his legacy he rolled out both medical and personal use, So in sorts he's the grandfather of medical and personal use of cannibis 🙂 And involved in crafting the bill besides did you see what the government said ?? They highlighted the money !!! Taxable money as 2.5 Billion  Baht or higher for 2025 !! Government income !!! Still do not understand why there trying to flip the current laws upside down when many places in the world have made medical and personal use legal but TIT !! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Not this 🙂 Its his legacy he rolled out both medical and personal use, So in sorts he's the grandfather of medical and personal use of cannibis 🙂 And involved in crafting the bill besides did you see what the government said ?? They highlighted the money !!! Taxable money as 2.5 Billion  Baht or higher for 2025 !! Government income !!! Still do not understand why there trying to flip the current laws upside down when many places in the world have made medical and personal use legal but TIT !! 

Is there a connection between the post that you quoted and what you have written?

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, AnotherOneHere said:

Can't you junkies just inject it right in the shop if you really need it that bad? Do you have to bring drugs out where the children are?

Ignorant comment, best ignored.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, thailand49 said:

PM, maybe this was all done to get some new brown envelopes.

Before they opened the can of worms maybe thinking it out might have dawn on them like legislation first 🤔

Object to proposal, get pay-off, support proposal. Easy way to make a living.

Not sure what the difference really is, but pretty sure classification as a narcotic is not scientifically sound.

Having just started again with some neuropathic pain bad enough to cause insomnia I will defo look into the ganja solution. I remember it worked well with a torn rotator cuff which seemed more painful than my open heart surgery, although that involved some morphine I think.

• Agree 2

Anutin is just one of many fighting over this. I would guess that very soon the Pheua Thai camp will

push back with more about tough prison sentences and criminalization. If you were here in the early 2000's

you know Thaksin gets homocidally maniacal when you want to talk about drugs in "his" country. Yes his country not the Thai peoples or yours farang.

He ordered police to shoot to kill anyone they thought was using possessing or selling drugs.

Whether they actually were doing those things was no importance to Thaksin and he made that a point that he didn't care whwtehr or not people were actually doing it or not just creating that impression was enough. No questions asked just shoot anyone.

And I would guess still that "the United Nations is not (his) father," ( an infamous quote of his when the issue of extrajudicial killings 

in Thaksin's drug war was raised by the UN, who threatened to send teams to Thailand to investigate, which seems rather quaint in hindsight, like the UN actually cares, any excuse for them as well i suppose) but he probably still thinks he's your your father.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Anutin thanked Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin for deciding to control cannabis usage via legislation.

sure he's worried, too much to lose, he / family and his cronies have invested too much on it

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sambum said:

Pathetic comment! Just shows how little knowledge some people have of Cannabis!:-

1. According to Google, a definition of "junkie" is " a person who is addicted to narcotics and especially to heroin.  One does not get "addicted" to cannabis.

2. You do NOT inject cannabis! You can EAT it, in for instance, a "cookie", but under normal circumstances you would SMOKE it.

3. It is illegal to partake of cannabis in the shop where you bought it - in the same way as it is probably illegal to drink alcohol in Macro or Tesco.

"AnotherOneHere"? Sounds about right -  Go get some drugs education before you start spouting nonsense! 

Actually you are wrong and would know that if you actually used google to search addictions to cannabis. 

Cannabis use disorder (CUD), also known as cannabis addiction or marijuana addiction, is a psychiatric disorder defined in the fifth revision of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) and ICD-10 as the continued use of cannabis despite clinically significant impairment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_use_disorder#:~:text=Cannabis use disorder (CUD)%2C,cannabis despite clinically significant impairment.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Only sell it in dispensary type shops, no neon lights/party music/alcohol in dispensaries, no dispensary within 500m of school, no smoking/relaxing areas in dispensary, no smoking in public areas including beaches

Edited by ourmanflint
  • Haha 1