Does your wife/partner work?

Just now, sirineou said:

My wife works diligently at annoying me 

When we lives in the US , she worked , and annoyed me remotely from her job most of the day. , 

but now that I am retired  and we are living in Thailand full-time, she stays at home so she can annoy me full time. 

I don't know why she does this , because I am terrific guy and a wonderful person. 

Are you helping her around the house? Cooking some meals, doing the wash , not leaving your clothes on the floor for her to pick up, taking her out to eat, letting her watch some of her shows on TV, etc etc?

4 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Are you helping her around the house? Cooking some meals, doing the wash , not leaving your clothes on the floor for her to pick up, taking her out to eat, letting her watch some of her shows on TV, etc etc?

IMHO your suggested path makes a guy look weak, and no woman will stay with a weak guy for long.

How did that work out for you?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 3

Just now, BritManToo said:

You did all that and how did it work for you?

Made me a better man for the next one, hopefully a better choice. All of the women I've been with appreciated all I did. They just weren't honest, faithful or mentally stable.

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

Made me a better man for the next one, hopefully a better choice. All of the women I've been with appreciated all I did. They just weren't honest, faithful or mentally stable.

So you keep repeating your failed strategy in the hopes next time the result will be different?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

IMHO your suggested path makes a guy look weak, and no woman will stay with a weak guy for long.

Total nonsense, more like doesn't like a wannabe tough guy crook will have a problem...............:whistling:

Just now, BritManToo said:

So you keep repeating your failed strategy in the hopes next time the result will be different?

You can't change your character much at all after age 30. If you're a user, you'll probably remain one. If you're a decent person, that will be you until you pass. None of my strategies have failed. I'm not with women that weren't right for me, and I always got my children to raise, instead of leaving them with an unstable person who didn't care much for them. If you pick the right partner, your strategy will not only be appreciated, but she will stay with you for you, and not your money.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If you knew me, weak is the last thing you would think about me. Remember, I don't pay for women. I attract some that aren't stable, like most of us do. A weak man is one that lets his woman do everything and expects sex. That's also called a narcissist, and they are the reason society has been falling down for generations. Men who actually think they are men, while rarely if ever helping out their partner are the epitome of weak. I can protect my woman against anyone on earth unless they shoot me dead at the spot. If anyone hurts anyone in my family, they will never walk again. Not exactly a weak person like some "men" I've seen all my life.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

You can't change your character much at all after age 30. If you're a user, you'll probably remain one. If you're a decent person, that will be you until you pass. None of my strategies have failed. I'm not with women that weren't right for me, and I always got my children to raise, instead of leaving them with an unstable person who didn't care much for them. If you pick the right partner, your strategy will not only be appreciated, but she will stay with you for you, and not your money.

Pointless talking to that bloke, he's a "toughy"...🤭

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

All these and more

, As I said but don't hurt repeating  , I am a terrific guy and a wonderful person.

She just loves to annoy me.Right before I go in the kitchen she always shows me how clean it is. Like I am blind. 

and always complains about my cloths on the floor, like it is my fault gravity is a thing on this planet. :mad: 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sirineou said:

All these and more

, As I said but don't hurt repeating  , I am a terrific guy and a wonderful person.

She just loves to annoy me.Right before I go in the kitchen she always shows me how clean it is. Like I am blind. 

and always complains about my cloths on the floor, like it is my fault gravity is a thing on this planet. :mad: 

It's easy. Women are partners and not slaves. 50/50 means just that. A normal woman appreciates everything a man does, if he does them. If you cleaned the kitchen, she wouldn't have to show you she cleaned it. If you picked up "your" clothes from the floor, which is a place they don't belong, she wouldn't have to complain.

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

It's easy. Women are partners and not slaves. 50/50 means just that. A normal woman appreciates everything a man does, if he does them. If you cleaned the kitchen, she wouldn't have to show you she cleaned it. If you picked up "your" clothes from the floor, which is a place they don't belong, she wouldn't have to complain.

Good advice. I will think about it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

I bet you haven't seen a rat, mouse, lizard,small snakes, gecko, or any large bugs for quite awhile.

We have about 60 cats and about a dozen dogs, it was the dogs that sounded the alarm on this python a month ago.

My wife and her sister bagged it up then set it free on some waste ground.

4 minutes ago, sandyf said:

We have about 60 cats and about a dozen dogs, it was the dogs that sounded the alarm on this python a month ago.

I had an Akita for about 12 years that used to get a couple snakes a year. Got a cobra once. We had to take her to the vet to get one eye cleaned out, cobra was not as lucky...

5 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Most expats I met complaining about their wife or x'es, wasn't exactly totally stable themselves. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I don't have any dogs as someone in our village keeps poisoning them, along with other's dogs. A few come to my house daily and help to keep the snakes away a little, but I still see them once in awhile. I'm not a snake killer but I wouldn't let a poisonous one go if I could identify it, as I feel if I let it go it might bite my daughter or some other child someday. Thailand has many poisonous snakes and it's another reason I want to move back home. In Texas there are 4 poisonous snakes and you don't see them much besides the occasional rattlesnake, which usually doesn't kill but can cause some damage. Thailand had many snakes that bite and if you don't get to the hospital very soon, you'll die.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Most expats I met complaining about their wife or x'es, wasn't exactly totally stable themselves. 

Most? How many do you know that are unstable? My ex here is definitely very unstable, uncaring and a covert narcissist, hits on no provocation, cheats, now has 4 boyfriends, one foreigner in Germany she's visiting now, and 2 Thai men here who have hit her, are drunks and threatened her family. There are many local women here who are greedy, mentally ill, and suffer from depression, as my ex also did. Makes for uncomfortable bedfellows, and can be dangerous. If you don't live with someone 24/7, you have no idea what's going on in their homes. People you see smiling and looking normal can be a serial killer, rapist, wife and kid beater or whatever.

4 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Most? How many do you know that are unstable? My ex here is definitely very unstable, uncaring and a covert narcissist, hits on no provocation, cheats, now has 4 boyfriends, one foreigner in Germany she's visiting now, and 2 Thai men here who have hit her, are drunks and threatened her family. There are many local women here who are greedy, mentally ill, and suffer from depression, as my ex also did. Makes for uncomfortable bedfellows, and can be dangerous. If you don't live with someone 24/7, you have no idea what's going on in their homes. People you see smiling and looking normal can be a serial killer, rapist, wife and kid beater or whatever.

And those who attracts these fine ladies have no responsibility at all. 

10/4

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

And those who attracts these fine ladies have no responsibility at all. 

10/4

Guess you don't understand how attraction works. It isn't a choice and just happens. Sometimes people are attracted to evil, and sometimes they aren't. When you go into a relationship, you must trust the other person, because if you don't, it hurts the relationship right off.. Problem is, many aren't trustworthy, and if you understand what a covert narcissist is, you would know how they use their charms, lies and body to pull you in, until they get you where they want you and then tear you down. This comes from an unbalanced, abusive or neglected childhood. They lovebomb you because it works. They tear you down because they grew up thinking the world sucks, and no one can be trusted. They target good people, because they know these are the givers, and those who readily trust others. A narcissist rarely ends up with another narc, but if they do, it's a warzone.

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

Guess you don't understand how attraction works. It isn't a choice and just happens. Sometimes people are attracted to evil, and sometimes they aren't. When you go into a relationship, you must trust the other person, because if you don't, it hurts the relationship right off.. Problem is, many aren't trustworthy, and if you understand what a covert narcissist is, you would know how they use their charms, lies and body to pull you in, until they get you where they want you and then tear you down. This comes from an unbalanced, abusive or neglected childhood. They lovebomb you because it works. They tear you down because they grew up thinking the world sucks, and no one can be trusted. They target good people, because they know these are the givers, and those who readily trust others. A narcissist rarely ends up with another narc, but if they do, it's a warzone.

Sorry to hear about your experience, still generally seen, we are responsible for our own actions and those we pick for partners. 

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Einstein's definition of "insanity" I believe. 

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Sorry to hear about your experience, still generally seen, we are responsible for our own actions and those we pick for partners. 

Yes, and those who are lucky in their choices don't understand the other side, where the partner takes advantage of you, abuses you, cheats, wastes finances, doesn't care for the children but only uses them as manipulation, is only with you for the money and doesn't care about anything else, doesn't want to spend quality time because her phone means more, has depression , is a narcissist that gives you the silent treatment because she doesn't know how to communicate, and many more things that a lot of men go through because they fell in love with a pretty face and didn't take enough time to get to know her. Happens to most men at least once, and is the leading cause of divorce and children not having stability.

If you have a good partner, which I will have someday, count your blessings because most women will never know the love of a good man, and most men aren't what you would call a good catch. Of course I'm only talking about what is considered a normal relationship, with a women who isn't involved in the sex industry, and that you have to pay to keep around. Those men can't make comments on what encompasses a normal relationship because what they have is a transaction relationship, and they don't understand the sacrifices a man has to make to find, and keep, a good woman, and raise his children by being a father who's there.

More than half of marriages end in divorce, and 25% or more are in relationships they aren't satisfied with, or are unhappy, and only stay because of the children or finances. The breakdown of the family is the breakdown of society, so again, be glad you are in a stable relationship with a woman you can trust, as most men, and women aren't. If you are a good man, eventually true love comes your way, because you stay in that character, and eventually attraction will find you a permanent partner, one you can trust.  The only way it doesn't is if you give up hope, and stay single out of fear or hatred. This I won't do.

On 7/24/2024 at 10:59 AM, hotandsticky said:

Sometimes partners want to work even though there is no financial need to do so.

True. She works her own business and she used to work for me  . Bored to death if nothing to occupy the mind

On 7/24/2024 at 4:19 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I'm talking Thailand not back in farangland, i see guys dragging their gf around all the time

That leaves me and my wife out of the conversation then. 

Wife moved to USA with me 2008  aked if she should work.  I said no reason to ..    we have enough and you already have a full time job taking care of my son and I.

Back in Thailand since 2020   same scenario ..  no need to work.  My son is in college back in the US  ....so we are both retired have more than we need 

life is freakin awersome... 

Another nice day and another day at work for wifey! It's great!!! Besides money coming in every month, I have all this free time to do some quality foruming.

"My wife does not work, she cooks and cleans".

Yeah right. Have you seen Thai people clean? Is this why the average house in Thailand looks like a pile of trash? Lol... cooks and cleans no thanks. Bring in extra 100,000b a month and I can hire a maid to cook and clean for 10k a month, but I won't because Thais cannot either cook or clean.... so no thanks.... I will do my own cooking and cleaning. It is not difficult and the place actually looks nice. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, sirineou said:

Good advice. I will think about it. 

Mostly, don’t do things that create extra work for her, even if they are her responsibility generally. For example, cooking for her still means cleaning up all the cooking mess the way she would want it to be cleaned. Otherwise, it is no pleasure for her that you did the cooking. 

• Love It 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2024 at 8:27 AM, BritManToo said:

Honestly do you think so?

You think that women want to be treated as a slave or something?

Tell us how you treat your wife/partner.