Donald or Kamala?

Hummin

Donald or Kamala  

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Typically, one would use the "Nominal Broad U.S. Dollar Index". Arguments can be made for a weak dollar, and for a strong dollar. I like a strong dollar. What do you think Trump will do to weaken the dollar? 

DollarIndex.thumb.png.ea5f6c36ea6f0adfa47d73e51b0ec870.png

Still, the question was "Will Trump devalue the dollar more than Biden?". The answer is that the dollar is stronger now than during Trump's term, so Biden didn't devalue the dollar. There is a good article on how Trump could do that On Bloomberg, but it is behind a paywall. Print more money, and get countries that need their currencies stronger for imports to help.

40 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Do you have a quote of JD calling Trump Hitler? 

No, you don't. You are just regurgitating a lie you heard somewhere. 

If it is a lie, we should all look forward to the outright denial by Vance, followed swiftly by the defamation suit Vance's former roommate will shortly be served with.   Surprising these things haven't happened already really.

PH

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, bunnydrops said:

Still, the question was "Will Trump devalue the dollar more than Biden?". The answer is that the dollar is stronger now than during Trump's term, so Biden didn't devalue the dollar. There is a good article on how Trump could do that On Bloomberg, but it is behind a paywall. Print more money, and get countries that need their currencies stronger for imports to help.

So, inflation makes the dollar stronger? 

Like I said, arguments can be made for a strong dollar, and arguments can be made for a weak dollar. I am a strong dollar fan. 

So, you think Trump will print more money than Harris? I don't think so, but whatever. 

14 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Do you have a quote of JD calling Trump Hitler? 

No, you don't. You are just regurgitating a lie you heard somewhere. 

He said it privately, but did say this publicly.

Publicly, he called the Republican presidential candidate an "idiot" and said he was "reprehensible." Privately, he compared him to Adolf Hitler.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Roo Island said:

He said it privately, but did say this publicly.

Publicly, he called the Republican presidential candidate an "idiot" and said he was "reprehensible." Privately, he compared him to Adolf Hitler.

So, you don't have a quote of JD calling Trump Hitler, you are just (as always) regurgitating what some other Trump hating leftist claims he said, yes? 

Now, do you have an in-context quote of Vance publicly calling the Republican presidential candidate an "idiot" and saying he was "reprehensible." No, you don't. You are (again) just regurgitating what some other Trump hating leftist claims he said, yes?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So, you don't have a quote of JD calling Trump Hitler, you are just (as always) regurgitating what some other Trump hating leftist claims he said, yes? 

Now, do you have an in-context quote of Vance publicly calling the Republican presidential candidate an "idiot" and saying he was "reprehensible." No, you don't. You are (again) just regurgitating what some other Trump hating leftist claims he said, yes?

I appreciate you don't love the so called mainstream media but you need something other than right wing media  to get the full story. The link shows he suggested Trump might be America's Hitler in writing and tweeted that he was an idiot and reprehensible. 

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/fact-checking-j-d-vances-past-statements-and-relationship-with-trump

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Vance has by far lived as dysfuctional as posible and lived to tell.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/vance-hillbilly-home-story-rings-214835369.html

By dysfunctional, you mean growing up poor, joining the Marines after high school, graduating summa cum laude from Ohio State with a BA (in two years) and then getting his JD from Yale Law School where he was Editor of the "Yale Law Journal", and then getting married and having three kids. 
Yeah, he must seem like a real weirdo to you.

We can't be having any intelligent, male, patriotic, white, heterosexuals running for office in the US, just too dysfunctional...

2 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I appreciate you don't love the so called mainstream media but you need something other than right wing media  to get the full story. The link shows he suggested Trump might be America's Hitler in writing and tweeted that he was an idiot and reprehensible. 

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/fact-checking-j-d-vances-past-statements-and-relationship-with-trump

So why not cut-and-paste the portion that claims Vance calling Trump Hitler? Because it's not true. 

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So why not cut-and-paste the portion that claims Vance calling Trump Hitler? Because it's not true. 

While Vance did not literally call Trump “Hitler,” his use of the phrase “America’s Hitler” in social media and his strong critiques during the 2016 election cycle are the sources of this claim.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Well according to the quote he did call him an idiot and reprehensible so I guess you now concede that. The Hitler thing that was as I noted above - that he might be America's Hitler. During the 2016 presidential election, Vance wrote that he goes “back and forth between thinking Trump is a cynical a–hole like Nixon who wouldn’t be that bad and might even prove useful or that he’s America’s Hitler.”

If you google it you'll see there's a fair bit more in written form including in tweets he liked. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Will B Good said:

While Vance did not literally call Trump “Hitler,” his use of the phrase “America’s Hitler” in social media and his strong critiques during the 2016 election cycle are the sources of this claim.

Okay, so you all just made it up, that's what I said, thanks. 

Now, do you have an in-context quote of him claiming Trump was or would be "America's Hitler", or are you just regurgitating that as well?

To be clear, I saw Obama and Biden as more Hitlerian than Trump. 

3 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Well according to the quote he did call him an idiot and reprehensible so I guess you now concede that. The Hitler thing that was as I noted above - that he might be America's Hitler. During the 2016 presidential election, Vance wrote that he goes “back and forth between thinking Trump is a cynical a–hole like Nixon who wouldn’t be that bad and might even prove useful or that he’s America’s Hitler.”

If you google it you'll see there's a fair bit more in written form including in tweets he liked. 

So, he made a glib comment that included Hitler's name, before Trump was ever elected, okay.

He never called him Hitler, or as far as I can tell, never called him an idiot and reprehensible. 

In any event, that was before Trump was President. I thought much less of Trump before the election as well. I was not a Trump supporter in 2016, and I liked DeSantis in 2024, but it was not to be. 

It's all issues for me. I cannot think of a single issue or policy that would have me vote left over Trump. 

3 minutes ago, tarheeldan said:

Been a lifelong Democrat, but the party has moved far left and lost me. Can't believe it, but I'm voting red this time.  

RACIST 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

It's all over the news. So you are saying every media outlet who reported on this are Trump hating leftists? Methinks you've lost the plot.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/j-d-vance-once-never-trumper-vp-pick-shape-magas-future

Vance, after writing "Hillbilly Elegy," said some terrible things about Trump in 2016, including likening him to Hitler. So did Rubio, and the former president has long since mended fences with both men.

1 minute ago, Roo Island said:

It's all over the news. So you are saying every media outlet who reported on this are Trump hating leftists? Methinks you've lost the plot.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/j-d-vance-once-never-trumper-vp-pick-shape-magas-future

Vance, after writing "Hillbilly Elegy," said some terrible things about Trump in 2016, including likening him to Hitler. So did Rubio, and the former president has long since mended fences with both men.

All you have to do is post an in-contest quote of JD calling Trump Hitler, but as always, you can't, because you are just regurgitating what some other Trump hating leftist claims he said. 

If it there is a quote in whatever it is that you linked to, just cut and paste it, but you can't do that either, because you have not even read it. 

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

All you have to do is post an in-contest quote of JD calling Trump Hitler, but as always, you can't, because you are just regurgitating what some other Trump hating leftist claims he said. 

If it there is a quote in whatever it is that you linked to, just cut and paste it, but you can't do that either, because you have not even read it. 

Lost the plot. Ya just don't want to believe it. Typical MAGA cult member. Ignore the truth

4 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Lost the plot. Ya just don't want to believe it. Typical MAGA cult member. Ignore the truth

Of course, you are not able to back up your false claims, so you call me names and say I've lost the plot.

"Truth is not a left-wing value." 

1 hour ago, tarheeldan said:

Been a lifelong Democrat, but the party has moved far left and lost me. Can't believe it, but I'm voting red this time.  

Been a lifelong Republican, but the party has lost the plot. Voting blue this time.

• Agree 1

Just now, Yellowtail said:

Of course, you are not able to back up your false claims, so you call me names and say I've lost the plot.

"Truth is not a left-wing value." 

Truth is more of a left wing value than for those on the right.

Not suppose to put up links to dodgy Twitter.

https://www.msnbc.com/the-reidout/reidout-blog/jd-vance-trump-hitler-rcna24981

But an unearthed Facebook message from 2016 shows just how shameless Vance’s pivot from Trump skeptic to sycophant has truly been. On Monday, Democratic Georgia state Rep. Josh McLaurin, Vance's old college roommate, tweeted what he said was a message he received from Vance, who expressed concern that Trump might be “America’s Hitler.”

“I go back and forth between thinking Trump might be a cynical <deleted> like Nixon who wouldn’t be that bad (and might even prove useful) or that he might be America’s Hitler,” Vance wrote, according to McLaurin's tweet. “How’s that for discouraging?”

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Truth is more of a left wing value than for those on the right.

Not suppose to put up links to dodgy Twitter.

https://www.msnbc.com/the-reidout/reidout-blog/jd-vance-trump-hitler-rcna24981

But an unearthed Facebook message from 2016 shows just how shameless Vance’s pivot from Trump skeptic to sycophant has truly been. On Monday, Democratic Georgia state Rep. Josh McLaurin, Vance's old college roommate, tweeted what he said was a message he received from Vance, who expressed concern that Trump might be “America’s Hitler.”

“I go back and forth between thinking Trump might be a cynical <deleted> like Nixon who wouldn’t be that bad (and might even prove useful) or that he might be America’s Hitler,” Vance wrote, according to McLaurin's tweet. “How’s that for discouraging?”

So, he never called Trump Hitler, and only made a glib comment that had Hitler's name in it, and it was before Trump was elected. 

So much for honesty. 

Just now, Yellowtail said:

So, he never called Trump Hitler, and only made a glib comment that had Hitler's name in it, and it was before Trump was elected. 

So much for honesty. 

It's right there. Called him America's Hitler. Your really grasping at straws here. Sad

• Agree 2