wise email today?

They sent an email saying they need to have photo ID to keep the account open, seemed legit. Anyone else get this, don't have one of their cards just transfer funds

16 minutes ago, proton said:

They sent an email saying they need to have photo ID to keep the account open, seemed legit. Anyone else get this, don't have one of their cards just transfer funds

Why not give them a call to confirm the requirement.

They are very helpful.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, proton said:

It's legit it comes up on the website- no photo ID by Aug 21 and they are closing accounts.

Do you have a link for that. 

I have just been onto their website wise.com and cannot find that notification.  Nor is it on my account notifications.

I'm not doubting you, just trying to find the info on their site.

Thank you

• Agree 2

50 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

Do you have a link for that. 

I have just been onto their website wise.com and cannot find that notification.  Nor is it on my account notifications.

I'm not doubting you, just trying to find the info on their site.

Thank you

When you log in there is a red banner at the top stating

We need important information from you by 21 August, so you can keep using your account.

5 hours ago, proton said:

We need important information from you by 21 August, so you can keep using your account.

I don't see that but i login via my Google account rather than email

• Confused 3

Got an email demanding id docs a few weeks back. No notification in the app. Transferred a bit of money, no extra docs required. I suspect in my case it was a phishing email.

I think the right approach is to only supply docs if the app demands it. If you get an email, xfer a bit in the app and see if it works. Even if you don't xfer before Aug 21, after that date they will still accept your docs.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I don't see that but i login via my Google account rather than email

And your Google account is based on an email address, right?

1 hour ago, bunnydrops said:

The photo request is a bit odd. What would they match it up to? You could send a photo of Tom Selleck. How would they know it is not you?

Because they also have the right to ask you to hold the passport close to your face in an additional picture.

7 hours ago, proton said:

That does not appear when I log in via the app, nor on their  website, whichever way I log in.

Maybe it applies only to certain account holders, and that's why you can see it, and I and others  cannot.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This was in the email, been using it for years, they say its needed by law

We need some more info from you to keep your account working.
Because of the way we’re regulated, we’re required by law to collect additional information from you.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Click the button below
2. You’ll be asked to upload a new picture of your ID, and take a selfie so we can verify it’s really you
3. That’s it — as soon as we verify your ID you’re all set

6 minutes ago, proton said:

Because of the way we’re regulated, we’re required by law to collect additional information from you.
2. You’ll be asked to upload a new picture of your ID, and take a selfie so we can verify it’s really you

Understood.   I verified my ID years ago when I opened my account.  But if they ask for it again, it will not present a problem.

I have set a communication code in settings> privacy, which Wise have confirmed by email.

Thus, every time they write to me, it will show the pass code to verify that the email is from them.

Edited by Raindancer
  • Like 1

Yesterday I also had the request, but in App and afterwards saw the email as well.

This happened, after I transfered some cashback from Agoda to my wise account.

Before I always transfered money from my own account to wise. this first time some money of a third account was sent to wise.

So I guess some of the requests are legit, and some are scams.J

I would say, if you see the request in the app, then it's legit. Else don't bother!

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, proton said:

5 minutes ago, HampiK said:

Yesterday I also had the request, but in App and afterwards saw the email as well.

This happened, after I transfered some cashback from Agoda to my wise account.

Before I always transfered money from my own account to wise. this first time some money of a third account was sent to wise.

So I guess some of the requests are legit, and some are scams.J

I would say, if you see the request in the app, then it's legit. Else don't bother!

Don’t bother following any links in the email. Do the ID process through the Wise app or on the website next time you do a transaction.

• Thumbs Up 1

While on Wise , my daughter send me 3,000 Sterling the other day , it came through

fast enough to my SCB account , but she was charged nearly 20 Quid for sending it,

does that sound right ? , I thought they were supposed be be the cheapest, thanks

regards Worgeordie

3 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

While on Wise , my daughter send me 3,000 Sterling the other day , it came through

fast enough to my SCB account , but she was charged nearly 20 Quid for sending it,

does that sound right ? , I thought they were supposed be be the cheapest, thanks

regards Worgeordie

Yep.  £18.81 using manual bank transfer.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Is there a cheaper way to do it ..

regards Worgeordie

At the exchange rates you get I don't think so, swift will be more

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Is there a cheaper way to do it ..

regards Worgeordie

If you log onto your wise account> send> enter £3000, it will show you the rate.

You don't have to actually send the money.

Scroll down and click on " "compare", it will list all other companies.  And wise comes out 2nd from top, comparing amount received.

But I prefer wise for swiftness of delivery.  I've never tried western union  so cannot comment.

Edited by Raindancer

25 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Not really, check at Wise.com for a cost comparison.....

image.png.65d45ce119e9a3920f592e7e0f8e139d.png

I have a hard time to believe that WU would be cheaper, as they are infamous for being the most expensive way to send money overseas. So I wonder what is missing in that comparison chart.

3 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

I have a hard time to believe that WU would be cheaper, as they are infamous for being the most expensive way to send money overseas. So I wonder what is missing in that comparison chart.

Agreed.   Many reviews are 1 star.  Just read numerous reviews on various review websites.   I think I will stick with Wise, for simplicity  and speed of receiving monies.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

They used to be expensive, but not any more.  I just checked the app, it's right now slightly better, 139,756,61

27 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

They used to be expensive, but not any more.  I just checked the app, it's right now slightly better, 139,756,61

Yes but are you sure there are no fees at recipient end, because no service will show those fees, as they are unknown to them