Diet experiment

1 hour ago, DualSportBiker said:

No adult human should take milk. Even with the fat removed, everything in it is purposed to turn a calf into a large cow as quickly as possible. 

I've just switched up my diet. No more complex breakfasts that were great, unfortunately. Two meals a day; salad and fish for lunch, eggs and avocado for dinner. 4 kg down in 2 months. Now I am only 4 kg away from my target weight.

Good luck.

Milk is disgusting.

Ice Cream causes premature heart disease, too, due to super-high amounts of sugar.

The sugar in milk is disgusting.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, DualSportBiker said:

No adult human should take milk. Even with the fat removed, everything in it is purposed to turn a calf into a large cow as quickly as possible. 

I've just switched up my diet. No more complex breakfasts that were great, unfortunately. Two meals a day; salad and fish for lunch, eggs and avocado for dinner. 4 kg down in 2 months. Now I am only 4 kg away from my target weight.

Good luck.

Maintaining it and feeling good is the hard bit

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, susanlea said:

Peanuts have around 23% protein. Also cheap. Bodybuilders eat tuna and peanut butter I think.

Peanuts at the same time  have too much fat and calories to be a good protein source. At least you have to watch the quantity consumed. For a weight loss diet peanuts are a no.

Edited by msbkk
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

i eat once a day.....bike the city daily for few hours then head home....watermelon--yogurt 4 pk..2 boiled eggs or grill a chix breast....maybe a steam bag of mixed veggies   100 bt/day....chug a few green teas from 7-11 while biking...

was 91 kg...now down to 85 kg in just over 2 months......heading out to bike after reading the wonderful posts here...../s

hence the old adage...eat less move more.....simple process in a junk food world makes it not as easy as it sounds...

easy to lose weight here with the heat...of course will gain it all back when return home to winter and hibernation time

9 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

of course will gain it all back when return home to winter and hibernation time

You mean when you have access again to the free food kitchens?

This thread is about diet, not about living the life of someone who has no money for food

6 hours ago, susanlea said:

Peanuts have around 23% protein. Also cheap. Bodybuilders eat tuna and peanut butter I think.

Peanuts are beans, peanut butter is just refried beans. If you’re adventurous and really want to do a diet experiment, apply a little discipline and go on a 100% raw food diet for a couple weeks, you’ll feel twenty years younger, promise.

28 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Milk is disgusting. GARBAGE

Ice Cream causes premature heart disease, too, due to super-high amounts of sugar. GARBAGE

The sugar in milk is disgusting. GARBAGE

I've annotated the above for you

29 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

I eat once a day.....bike the city daily for few hours then head home....watermelon--yogurt 4 pk..2 boiled eggs or grill a chix breast....maybe a steam bag of mixed veggies   100 bt/day....chug a few green teas from 7-11 while biking...

That's awful, you won't keep to that, the weight will come back on

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

how do you get your B12?

Interesting question - eggs, maybe, but I don't eat many; I eat spinach when possible. I should take a supplement, I guess. 

1 hour ago, susanlea said:

Looking to experiment to see if there is a better way.

I've followed the Keto lifestyle for the past five years.

If we really want to get our bodies functioning comfortably, we need to cut out all sugars and starches (which break down to sugar.)
After the first week, you'll notice the difference. Little things... like there's no more pain in your knee when you get out of bed in the morning, or your hands when you tie your shoes. Body inflammation decreases quickly on Keto. At dinner, you realize you feel full... but not bloated. It's rather pleasant!

It's a bit of a bother here in Asia, with all the rice and noodle dishes in restaurants, but it's not all that difficult to maintain. I eat in restaurants several times a week. Cooking at home, there are substitutes for rice, noodles, and even Keto bread that tastes like bread!

When done right, it's a very effective weight loss method. I went from a 48" waistline back to the 32" I had in college. And have kept it for the past four years. I play sports 3-4 days a week so lots of energy, even at 78.

Keto1.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, susanlea said:

Yeah, there is a better way for you. A specially designed eat and drink nothing for a week program.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, susanlea said:

fasting has also hit new highs recently.  experts says it works as that is how early humans lived, not having plenty of foods available all the time.  a lot of articles on fasting benefits.  Just saying....I fast daily from 11AM until 6 AM the following  day, eating between 6 and 11 only no snacking but do drink water or green tea.  I don't lose any weight but feel great and never feel hungry and have done this for the past 2 months.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've annotated the above for you

So then, this comment will be a collaborative effort?

No charge, I presume.

The term GARBAGE cannot be overused, IMHO.

But then, what would you call food that causes heart disease, if not really food.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

1 hour ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

i eat once a day.....bike the city daily for few hours then head home....watermelon--yogurt 4 pk..2 boiled eggs or grill a chix breast....maybe a steam bag of mixed veggies   100 bt/day....chug a few green teas from 7-11 while biking...

was 91 kg...now down to 85 kg in just over 2 months......heading out to bike after reading the wonderful posts here...../s

hence the old adage...eat less move more.....simple process in a junk food world makes it not as easy as it sounds...

easy to lose weight here with the heat...of course will gain it all back when return home to winter and hibernation time

The only way to consume green tea is to first purchase it from the growers in Sichuan, then add 82.5-degree-C H2O, and then pour over ice in a tall glass.

I have plenty of tea from Sichuang.

Unfortunately, will not be giving it away, nor will I be selling it here, or anywhere.

So, please do not ask for what you know you will not get.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, FolkGuitar said:

I've followed the Keto lifestyle for the past five years.

If we really want to get our bodies functioning comfortably, we need to cut out all sugars and starches (which break down to sugar.)
After the first week, you'll notice the difference. Little things... like there's no more pain in your knee when you get out of bed in the morning, or your hands when you tie your shoes. Body inflammation decreases quickly on Keto. At dinner, you realize you feel full... but not bloated. It's rather pleasant!

It's a bit of a bother here in Asia, with all the rice and noodle dishes in restaurants, but it's not all that difficult to maintain. I eat in restaurants several times a week. Cooking at home, there are substitutes for rice, noodles, and even Keto bread that tastes like bread!

When done right, it's a very effective weight loss method. I went from a 48" waistline back to the 32" I had in college. And have kept it for the past four years. I play sports 3-4 days a week so lots of energy, even at 78.

Keto1.jpg

It won't work long time but at 78 it doesn't matter anyway

19 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

It won't work long time but at 78 it doesn't matter anyway

Interesting comment. Would you state why you think it won't work long-term?  It's been five years so far. How long is long?

10 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

Interesting comment. Would you state why you think it won't work long-term?  It's been five years so far. How long is long?

I've listened to people/experts say they tried it for 7/10 years, screwed their system up and ended up heavier than before

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, susanlea said:

Why are peanuts  cheap?????? The protein content has very limited availability to the human digestive system is why!

Good protein sources are never cheap ! Tuna is increasingly found to contain excessive cell phone battery content to be healthy any more.

Experiment away by all means. Food value is related to money value......worth less day by day.

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Milk is disgusting.

Ice Cream causes premature heart disease, too, due to super-high amounts of sugar.

The sugar in milk is disgusting.

Dairy products causes bad body odor 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Terrance8812 said:

And no starting new topics on AN for a year. 

The week without both water and food will fix that automatically. 😉 

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

The only way to consume green tea is to first purchase it from the growers in Sichuan, then add 82.5-degree-C H2O, and then pour over ice in a tall glass.

I have plenty of tea from Sichuang.

Unfortunately, will not be giving it away, nor will I be selling it here, or anywhere.

So, please do not ask for what you know you will not get.

Don´t you worry, I think a lot of us here have found that there are other ways working quite as well as yours.

• Agree 1