driving licence

If you can get a certificate of residence, some, most if not all IO’s are not issuing CoR’s any longer without a long term permission to stay stamp in the pp. 

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, novacova said:

If you can get a certificate of residence, some, most if not all IO’s are not issuing CoR’s any longer without a long term permission to stay stamp in the pp. 

I renewed my 2 yr license in CM last week.  I ran into an Irishman staying in a hostel while on a visa exemption.  CM Imm. had given him a CoR and DLT was giving him his initial Thai license.

48 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

I renewed my 2 yr license in CM last week.  I ran into an Irishman staying in a hostel while on a visa exemption.  CM Imm. had given him a CoR and DLT was giving him his initial Thai license.

Something must have changed, late last year the CoR girl upstairs at cm made a comment about double checking to make sure that I had a long term stamp in my pp. There has also been other reports IO’s requiring LT stamps. OP, give it a shot, it never hurts to try

Edited by novacova
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, novacova said:

Something must have changed, late last year the CoR girl upstairs at cm made a comment about double checking to make sure that I had a long term stamp in my pp. There has also been other reports IO’s requiring lt stamps. OP, give it a shot, it never hurts to try

Since I never need an agent in dealing with CM Imm.  I never thought to ask the Irishman if he had used an agent to get his CoR.  Maybe the OP can try to get the CoR himself and if that goes sideways walk across the street and ask the agency if they could get one for him.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2024 at 9:05 AM, pierrenoel said:

last year,they gave me a residency certificate with a 30 days extension to buy a motorcycle with my tm 30

yes for the pruchase its ok - DL is a different thing