President Kamala Harris

Posts with unattributed trolling content have been removed, please remember this from the Political Soapbox forum header:

• Stay on topic and back up any claims with credible sources.

18 hours ago, simple1 said:

Only saying this due to trump's objection, not based on facts.

“Trump told his MAGA allies to kill it in its tracks so he could exploit the issue on the campaign trail,” Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., told reporters after the vote. “And Senate Republicans blindly and loyally followed suit.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/senate-republicans-block-border-security-bill-campaign-border-chaos-rcna153607

It was IMO a garbage bill and deserved to be killed off. Dems are just annoyed because they don't get to say they fixed the border.

BTW, I wouldn't trust Schumer to tell the truth about anything.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, simple1 said:

Currently where the buck stops is with trump due to disruptive behaviour stopping relevant enactment of legislation. BTW are the AGs personally responsible for murders in Republican governed States?

Rubbish. Trump isn't in power. I know he lives in the heads of all liberals, but that doesn't mean he has a vote in congress.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It was IMO a garbage bill and deserved to be killed off. Dems are just annoyed because they don't get to say they fixed the border.

Meanwhile the immigration bill that passed the house over a year ago that actually would have made the border more secure Schumer refuses to bring to the floor, and gets no press.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Why would a New Zealand basement dweller have any insight into the border bill?

Why would Republicans draft and support a garbage border bill?

Only a few "chamber of commerce" Republicans supported it.

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

The January 6 insurrection was aimed at stopping the certification of the electoral vote. Hundreds of insurrectionists have been convicted.

The BLM protests were largely peaceful nationwide with random outbreaks of violence. Some of the arson was caused by the Boogaloo Boys, a Trump affiliated group.

Hundreds of insurrections participation in the BLM have been convicted as well

17 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

She filled the venue.

Better than Trump and Vance have been doing lately.

More to the point, this was an economic address. Trump isn't lucid enough to discuss the economy.

You spend 16 hours a day talking about a 60yo woman and hating a 78yo man. Just enough time for sleep.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Hundreds of insurrections participation in the BLM have been convicted as well

You are correct.

Maybe thousands of rioters were arrested.

Some protesters were arrested on spurious reasons and those were the ones that had their bail funded by others.

Just now, Danderman123 said:

You are correct.

Maybe thousands of rioters were arrested.

Some protesters were arrested on spurious reasons and those were the ones that had their bail funded by others.

Yeah, and most all of the BLM insurrectionists that were arrested had the charges dropped. It was mostly peaceful. I thought it was great the way Harris arranged to bail out her constituents that were looting and rioting. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, marin said:

A month ago I had respect for you as a dissident voice that was reasonable. But over the last few weeks that has changed as you are spouting poop.  Lets just have a small comparison of Trump and Kamala's physique. 

Who is the phat <deleted>?

fat trump.jpg

kamala thin.jpg

Exactly. I just think it hilarious the way the left attacks Trump and his supporters mercilessly, yet the moment someone says anything about a leftist all the sudden such attacks are off limits. 

You notice how the left gets all bent about fat shaming unless it's Trump, Always the double standard. 

Trump.jpg.b6cfa2c9495921fe65e4e2ff412092c2.jpgKamala03.jpg.2982bd414c75b094845dcbeac834f1bb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Exactly. I just think it hilarious the way the left attacks Trump and his supporters mercilessly, yet the moment someone says anything about a leftist all the sudden such attacks are off limits. 

You notice how the left gets all bent about fat shaming unless it's Trump, Always the double standard. 

Trump.jpg.b6cfa2c9495921fe65e4e2ff412092c2.jpgKamala03.jpg.2982bd414c75b094845dcbeac834f1bb.jpg

Fat, ugly and can't talk off script.

6 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

So exactly what did you think was 'garbage'. Just so you know what was proposed (as I doubt you took the time to read it, here are the highlights:-

1. Once illegal border crossings reach a certain threshold, the Department of Homeland Security would be required to exercise a new emergency authority that bars migrants,  from crossing the border between ports of entry. The authority would automatically kick in if crossings rise above 5,000 on average per day on a given week, or 8,500 in a single day.

2. Asylum officers from US Citizenship and Immigration Services will decide on the asylum cases of migrants at the border. The legal standard of proof for passing an initial screening will be higher. And those applying will also have to prove they could not have moved to another part of their country to avoid persecution. Those who pass initial asylum screenings will immediately be eligible for work permits. Those who don’t pass the screenings can appeal to an asylum review board. If they lose their administrative appeal, which must occur within 72 hours, they will be ordered removed from the US without additional review. 

3. The use of Alternatives to Detention, like ankle monitors and special cell phones used for check-ins with authorities, is already on the rise. This proposal would expand the use of these alternatives, as those who are allowed into the US to continue their asylum cases will be placed into the program.

4. Several groups that have been lobbying hard for more protections from Congress made notable headway in this deal:

• If it’s passed, Afghan evacuees to the US who’ve been in limbo since the fall of Kabul in 2021 would get a pathway to citizenship.

• Many so-called “documented Dreamers” who were brought legally to the US as children of parents with visas would also find themselves on more solid footing, becoming eligible for work permits and being allowed to remain part of their families’ applications for green cards after they turn 21.

• The bill would also provide federal dollars to fund legal representation in immigration court for unaccompanied minors under 13.

5. A proposal for 2025 includes a $4.7 billion emergency fund for border security to enable the Department of Homeland Security to ramp up operations in the event of a migrant surge. Also $405 million to hire 1,300 more Border Patrol agents, funding to keep ICE’s 34,000 existing detention beds, $1 billion for aid to Central America to address the root causes of migration, and nearly $1 billion to address the backlog of over 2.4 million pending cases in U.S. immigration courts. To combat fentanyl smuggling, Biden asked for funding to hire an additional 1,000 CBP officers who can stop the illicit drug from coming across the U.S.-Mexico border and $849 million for technology to detect fentanyl at the border. 

Sources - Biden's proposed budget includes $4.7 billion emergency fund for border migrant surges (nbcnews.com)

What the border security bill would and wouldn’t do | CNN Politics

Please be precise in your answers to include what you would offer as an alternative other than the highly impractical and very illegal 'close the border' that I hear from so many Trump fans.

Per paragraph one, it lets in almost two million illegals a year before it does anything. 

The bill is designed to process illegals in and get them legalized as quickly as possible. It that's what you want, great. I want the border closed and illegal immigration stopped. 

I liked the bill the house passed over a year ago that Schumer refuses to bring to the floor. It actually tries to close the border and stop illegal immigration.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Why would a New Zealand basement dweller have any insight into the border bill?

Why would Republicans draft and support a garbage border bill?

Don't you live in Pattaya? His opinion is no less than yours.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Actually it was a bi-partisan bill. dismissed by trump due to his personal agenda.

• Like 2

Just now, simple1 said:

Actually it was a bi-partisan bill. dismissed by trump due to his personal agenda.

What about the bill the house passed over a year ago that Schumer refuses to bring to the floor. It actually tries to close the border and stop illegal immigration.

Why do you not care about that? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Rubbish. Trump isn't in power. I know he lives in the heads of all liberals, but that doesn't mean he has a vote in congress.

Wrong. trump controls the Senate by way of a republican majority. The repubs do whatever trump  instructs e.g. stop the passing of the prior agreed  Bi Partisan Immigration bill 'cause it would have given a win for the Dems.

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/the-collapse-of-bipartisan-immigration-reform-a-guide-for-the-perplexed/

Edited by simple1
  • Like 2

Just now, simple1 said:

Wrong. trump controls the Senate by way of a republican majority. The repubs do whatever trump  instructs e.g. stop the passing of the prior agreed  Bi Partisan Immigration bill 'cause it would have given a win for the Dems.

Ukraine war

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Wrong. Schumer controls the Senate because Democrats have the majority. 

Edited by Yellowtail
  • Thanks 2

What about the bill the house passed over a year ago that Schumer refuses to bring to the floor. It actually tries to close the border and stop illegal immigration.

Why do you not care about that? 

I assume due to the Bill required recommencement of building a wall. Why not provide a link talking to the issue.

Wrong. Schumer controls the Senate because Democrats have the majority. 

My error, you know I should have said 'House of Reps' - same outcome

1 hour ago, marin said:

A month ago I had respect for you as a dissident voice that was reasonable. But over the last few weeks that has changed as you are spouting poop.  Lets just have a small comparison of Trump and Kamala's physique. 

Who is the phat <deleted>?

fat trump.jpg

kamala thin.jpg

Thanks as it appears the critiques are intended to add insult . Nothing that he now says is worthy and I have him on ignore

• Thumbs Up 1