Live your life now

11 minutes ago, Olmate said:

I asked u over that time ure in pattaya, but, sadly I.musthave been dreeeemin, u.failed.to materialize. .... Pooof! 

You just walk around the gym that's why...you do a couple of sets and then back walking around looking at your phone .

• Confused 1

Just now, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Exactly. I am taking that all the way to my retirement age. But am converting a bit for work for 5 weeks before next trip. Cold and boring here to be honest. May as well work a bit. 

I guess you can cash it out if you retire but I'm not sure the tax on it 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Which one ?

Ralfy I love you ,you know that ,but it may be disrespectful to name him everywhere 💜, he may want his privacy 

But because I love you it's Steady Eddy 

Said they rang him up and gave him 1 year even with Chemotherapy 

They rang him to tell him he is terminal...how bad service from this UK health service?

I'm very sad about Eddy 😭 

64yo he is 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Ralfy I love you ,you know that ,but it may be disrespectful to name him everywhere 💜, he may want his privacy 

his privacy hmmm.

So this pattaya youtuber did not make and publish a clip on youtube about his cancer ?

Edited by Ralf001
  • Thanks 2

Just now, CallumWK said:

Don't you understand, the youtuber DID post a clip, but he doesn't want anyone to see it. haha

How old was Kev In Thailand ?

Is GeorgieBoy 5 yrs late to the party !

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

And Brian you are self centred and selfish

You completely forgot about the YouTuber dying ,it's all about you isn't it ! 

You have been selfish all your life getting into work late everyday completely oblivious to the other workers 

First up your OP says YOUR LIFE people die all over the world everyday, why should I concern myself with others as sad as it is. You no nothing of my work life, I used to work normal start was 7.30am, 12 hrs. a day and more, some times 14days straight, flying and getting the red eye from Perth at 5.30am lugging my tool boxes, with me, arriving at WA airports, with 2+hr drives to mine sites for days at a time, to repair EVERY aspect of Truck mounted cranes. Keep trying to troll me if you so wish, I don't give a flying sh!t. Be careful not to slip on your slippery floors and steps, and die, on the other hand....maybe not.

Edited by brianthainess
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Just watched a Pattaya YouTuber saying he got bad news today his doctor said 12 months to live even with Chemotherapy for his Cancer ,he is 62

At the moment I am at home crying ,I met this YouTuber and was in love with him ,not a lover love but a fan love of his YouTube channel 

Anf another situation , few months ago I worked with a guy 54yo who died who had never done anything with his life but work overtime ,always available for his overtime to in his words "Ching a Ching Ching " 💰the sound of the till💰💰

He had a heart attack in his sleep ,it was unexpected , people were shocked ,Darren died this morning everyone shocked 

Never turned up for his overtime shift had been going 12 hours shifts 

Never married ,never travelled and was a well off ,he was going to travel when he retired he told me on the very last day I saw him back in February.

"What a waste of money travelling to Thailand" he last said to me in February,what a waste of money !!!

All you guys over 60 and your still working especially if your over 65 think please ,anytime your going,

65 you have 15 years left 

Hey but it won't happen to you right !

Greed for money is the religious quote ?

Greed is your downfall Son 

Greed ...more money...I must keep working....then you die...work to your dead at s place that will replace you 

Don't waste your life working like an animal please that's all I ask 🙏 

I often wonder when I see nasty looking old men in their late 70's if they know they are not going to be here in 10 years that's why they are nasty , they are going and angry 

Sometimes I believe it's my duty to remind them

Steady Eddy?

Not sure why you mentioned about your own house ?

I own my own house too ..but it makes no difference,we ain't taking it with us 

As for your job ,they have forgotten you and in another 10 years you will be forgotten again

Good to know ya... wouldn't wanna be ya !

Bye Brian 👋 

Well I certainly wouldn't want to be You with your life, mopping floors all day, you need Pyhsco help ASP. 

• Like 1

But because I love you it's Steady Eddy 

6 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Steady Eddy?

You are not Sherlock Holmes are you?😂

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, marin said:

You are not Sherlock Holmes are you?😂

I knew before I read it. He blogs from his hospital bed. Unlike yourself I don't read every post. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I retired age 45, so far I've had 24 years of not working.

I've been not working for longer than I was working.

Sort of retired early 30s. Although did stuff online and still work in the 'real world' on occasion, consider myself very lucky in being able to travel and enjoy life to the max at that kind of age. Might be missing the gist of the op a bit, but doesn't matter at what point one is at, just live in the moment for FS. We all get sick and will be dead anyway. It is inevitable. Don't sweat the small stuff, etc...

3 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

You admit you made a mistake being a cheap charlie on your last trip in Jomtiem. That discussion's been had. 7 weeks in a cell like room. Walking the streets. Follow your own advice and live it up a bit. You've got the money apparently. I loved it there and Koh Chang. Back now - work for 5 weeks - and back to Thailand.  This time might take leave till I retire. Consider finishing up at the hospital  and it might cheer you up rather than these depressing aging threads you seem to like 

There must be opportunities for him to clean floors elsewhere, maybe he can get day release from he's secure unit..............

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I believe most misunderstand what truly living is, and looking the wrong places, or trying to hard to do things they think making them living to the fullest. 

For me it is great to realize a good life is just doing normal things on daily basis. Have someone to care for, fresh food, fresh air, chop som wood, go gym or just listening to the wind 😉

What is living the life to its fullest mean for you guys? 

If I die tomorow, what would I really know and miss? it just doesnt matter what you did yesterday, unless you took your time to be kind to someone, then it matters. 

I agree and so did Einstein. A simple life is best.

2 minutes ago, susanlea said:

I agree and so did Einstein. A simple life is best.

I have been chasing life all my life, and never been completely satisfied. for every goal I reached, I wanted more, well, until I was burned out. Now appreciate living, and also working again. 

Lower your expectation, have enough for living, do not get stuck in one pattern, change with the wind, and be kind to people around you. Thats what matters. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

You just walk around the gym that's why...you do a couple of sets and then back walking around looking at your phone .

eeek, your phumping habits are legendary here, but mycondo gym does me fine, besides I play that game for fitness.

31 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I have been chasing life all my life, and never been completely satisfied. for every goal I reached, I wanted more, well, until I was burned out. Now appreciate living, and also working again. 

Lower your expectation, have enough for living, do not get stuck in one pattern, change with the wind, and be kind to people around you. Thats what matters. 

Agreed.

• Like 1

I never understood those who every holiday have to drink, go bar, instead of having a quality holiday doing healthy things. Instead ending up more exhausted than before they went on holiday. 

And now see all retirees who chasing their second youth doing it all over again, chasing cheap leadies and alchohol. Tragic

Edited by Hummin
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

I never understood those who every holiday have to drink, go bar, instead of having a quality holiday doing healthy things. Instead ending up more exhausted than before they went on holiday. 

And now see all retirees who chasing they second youth doing it all over again, chasing cheap leadies and alchohol. Tragic

Me neither. Then they whinge about the locals on here !