[QUIZ]20th Century US History Quiz

Crossy

26 minutes ago, sirineou said:

What does that have to do with what I said concerning multiple choice test probabilities? 

and where did you find that statistic? I did a search and could not find such statistic. 

PS: sorry , I read your previous which I had missed  and now i see the relevance of this post. 

No harm down, as usual.

20 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Not From the UK , and in view of the results of  the giant IQ test trump's candidacy  has giving us  I am embraced  to say that I am also American . :smile:

Just as I thought. I would guess that you are from Naples, Florida.

8 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Just as I thought. I would guess that you are from Naples, Florida.

You freaked me out there for a minute until I realise that FL was mentioned in my profile  :laugh:

Close but no cigar. Daytona Beach, 

Where are you from? and please don't say California.:smile:

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

You freaked me out there for a minute until I realise that FL was mentioned in my profile  :laugh:

Close but no cigar. Daytona Beach, 

Where are you from? and please don't say California.:smile:

Had a house in Naples.

Used to row from near Tin City, where I launched the Alden single-shell, then south and out through the channel to the Gulf, and then up past Port Royal, and then past and through Naples Pier, and then further north to around 7th Ave North, where I carried/portaged the shell to a waiting motorized vehicle.  That is a very long row, believe me, when done in the hot sun, starting at NOON.

That was in 1990.

Naples was still livable then....

But NOT now, for sure.

Naples, comparatively, these days is a dump.

A shame...really.

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I opened it and the answers were showing so what's the point so I aborted.

You were supposed to choose one of the answers

(caution: sarcasm alert)

4 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

I just completed this quiz.

• My Score
    80/100
  • My Time
    63 seconds

I didn’t know any of the answers, but all the answers were in front of you, and it was just a question of sorting the wheat from the chaff.

6 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

If you are from the UK, then I must defer to your better judgment on this finer point.

The reason I do is that I am an American, and we all know about the Americans.

Why does the average writer living in the UK write better than the average writer residing in North America?

Are you able to answer this question, too?

Classical education, a stiff upper lip and a cavalier disregard for Johnny Foreigner, as well as a Horatian ability to turn a blind eye to facts.

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

Not From the UK , and in view of the results of  the giant IQ test trump's candidacy  has giving us  I am embraced  to say that I am also American . :smile:

“… I am embraced… “

We all need a hug sometimes

30 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

“… I am embraced… “

He comes from somewhere around the panhandle in Florida.

What did you expect?

I would have mentioned it, but I thought better of it.

This year, 2024, seems to be the year for more typographical errors than ever before seen in US history.

Perhaps this is the future for all technological societies...

If we do not blow ourselves up, first.

5 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

“… I am embraced… “

I seem to be doing it fine all by myself.  LOL

9 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Had a house in Naples.

Used to row from near Tin City, where I launched the Alden single-shell, then south and out through the channel to the Gulf, and then up past Port Royal, and then past and through Naples Pier, and then further north to around 7th Ave North, where I carried/portaged the shell to a waiting motorized vehicle.  That is a very long row, believe me, when done in the hot sun, starting at NOON.

That was in 1990.

Naples was still livable then....

But NOT now, for sure.

Naples, comparatively, these days is a dump.

A shame...really.

Don't know much about Naples. Though I have traveled extensively through  FL . for some strange reason I never ended up in Naples . I was up in Sanibel island dot too far from there though but I understand that though nice, it's not the same vibe. Most of my travels in FL were uo and down the I-95 corridor,  and east to west on the I-4.

No rowing for me, sounds like a lot of work, but I loved going cannoning up and down the intercostal with my daughter and friends.  

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

No rowing for me, sounds like a lot of work, but I loved going cannoning up and down the intercostal with my daughter and friends.  

Yes. Being a slave to one's galley is much work.

Fortunately, having no friends, I had the time.

As with many other places in Florida, a US state, throughout it's History, it has been trashed by the white man.

For example, Naples once was quite beautiful, and rather unique in that it was one of the quietest and most upscale villages on the Gulf coast of Florida.

The houses, some quite large, were situated on plots of land, and separated from there neighbors.

Beginning some time ago, everybody and his mother seems to have been razing and rebuilding larger and larger houses on their same plots of land.

This means that many of the houses now have only about a meter or two separating one house from another.

Thee architectural style these barbarians choose has no beauty to it. They just want big, and bigger. And they do not care if they all look alike or that they might have been designed by some Alien Artificial Intelligence.

Therefore, say I, Naples has gradually become the dump that it is now.

The people living there are unable to notice this ghastly change because the change has happened gradually.

They are now boiling in this new pot of their own making.

I am very happy that I am no longer there to see this tragedy.

And, I do not care in the least that they have destroyed the place.

I will never return.

Let them reap what they hath sewn.

The greedy bostards living in Naples deserve each other.

Let them gasp their last cool breaths in their own good company.

They have destroyed the very thing that once drew them to that small part of the world.

In truth, they are no more than victims of immutable Human Nature.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

As with many other places in Florida, a US state, throughout it's History, it has been trashed by the white man.

For example, Naples once was quite beautiful, and rather unique in that it was one of the quietest and most upscale villages on the Gulf coast of Florida.

You mean it was beautiful   before the white man? I don't think there was a Naples before the white man, 

IMO  at least as far as Nables is concerned, The white man giveth and the white man taketh away, :laugh: