Latest Thailand Entry Requirements for UK Passport Holders

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, ignore the  email you posted.

How long do you wish to visit Thailand? 

I am not thinking of visiting Thailand at the moment, I am quite happy in Laos. However, I receive regular emails from UK.Gov regarding the latest information regarding both Thailand and Laos.  The email I quoted was received this morning and does not match the information elsewhere on this forum. I suspect that someone has made an error in the UK.  The 60 day 'multi-entry' visa mentioned in the email also is something I have not heard of before.

9 minutes ago, PREM-R said:

The 60 day 'multi-entry' visa mentioned in the email also is something I have not heard of before.

The METV was introduced years back and the double and triple entry tourist visas removed.

Important to note that you can only obtain a METV in country of your passport or where you have  Resident status.

Ignore lot of information from UK 

Current thread running on visa exempt entry....

https://aseannow.com/topic/1333235-60-day-visa-exemptions-are-now-unlimited-at-land-borders/

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, PREM-R said:

I am not thinking of visiting Thailand at the moment, I am quite happy in Laos. However, I receive regular emails from UK.Gov regarding the latest information regarding both Thailand and Laos.  The email I quoted was received this morning and does not match the information elsewhere on this forum. I suspect that someone has made an error in the UK.  The 60 day 'multi-entry' visa mentioned in the email also is something I have not heard of before.

That email just parrots the information on the FCO website.  If you go there and click on the link about the 60 day multi it just takes you to the Thai Embassy website for tourist visas.  Old information, not updated.

39 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Has anybody actually got the 60 day visa on arrival yet ?

I have, although I'm popping back out on Sunday. But of a waste, really.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, PREM-R said:

I have received an email from UK.Gov with the following information. It seems to be very different from the 'visa free' information as discussed on this forum, recently. 

I am fairly sure the "gov.uk" pages used to have a "last update" date on the page. The whole lot have been revamped recently and probably too concerned with presentation to be bothered with updates. They all now carry "report problem with this page" button.

Best stick with info from the MFA.

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Has anybody actually got the 60 day visa on arrival yet ?

It is not a visa on arrival.

It's a 60-day visa exempt entry. Exempt means 'without a visa'.

On entry without a visa, you are issued a permit of stay for 60 days, which can be extended for a further 30 days.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Click on the link for the Thai Embassy in London.

The authorities in Thailand set and enforce entry rules. If you’re not sure how these requirements apply to you, contact the Thai Embassy in the UK.

Then click on the 'tourist visa exemption scheme' for the correct updated information.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/page/exemp-visa

Which is exactly the link I provided days ago which rattled a few peoples cages

It was updated 18th July

2 Entries only per calender year utilising new 60 day visa exempt entry status

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Chivas said:

Which is exactly the link I provided days ago which rattled a few peoples cages

It was updated 18th July

2 Entries only per calender year utilising new 60 day visa exempt entry status

I think Thailand will be closing their Embassies/ consulates. Leaving only offices that are there for diplomatic reasons and Chamber of Commerce.

Everything points to it. 

• Agree 1