TM30 problem for extends 90days Non o visa for 60days

In Udonthani immigration, To extend my non-O visa for 90 days, I have been told that I need a TM30 form. I’m currently living in a condominium, but the room owner hasn't submitted the TM30. The local immigration office staff lady has been difficult to deal with, making the process challenging. I even booked a nearby hotel and brought the contract as proof, but it wasn't accepted. Everytime the whole process takes about an hour of arguing before I finally get the extension.

Is there a solution to this issue? 

I've heard that the TM30 form is not required in Bangkok.

Edited by asia123

23 minutes ago, asia123 said:

In Udonthani immigration, To extend my non-O visa for 90 days

The thread heading reads "60 days"

Is this 60 day extension to visit wife? 

22 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

"To extend my non-O visa for 90 days", you mean a 90 day report?  You should have had the hotel give you a copy of the TM30 entry they made, not a "contract".  

Yes, I brought the TM30 entry, but the female receptionist at the Udon Thani Immigration always finds fault with it. I'm not sure what their purpose is

Again one who doesn't know anything of the immigration rules.

A VISA you cannot extend. It is the PERMISSION OF STAY you extend.

What kind of NON O do you have?

Non-O Single Entree?

Non O Multiple Entree?

They are complete correct at Immigration: A TM30 is required in all cases you handle with Immigration.

A NON O SE visa you only can extend with ONE YEAR, not with 60 or 90 days.

A NON O ME you cannot extend at immigration, you have to make  border run to receive an extension of 90 days.

And, what you HEARD about Bangkok is not correct as almost everything you hear at the bar.

• Confused 2

It's a small enough immigration office for IOs to remember you. If they know you actually live in a condo but rock up with a 1-night hotel booking to circumvent the TM30 issue, I'm not surprised that they aren't best pleased.

You should work with your landlord to get you properly registered in the online TM30 system, then you can report yourself as the tenant each time you re-enter Thailand and take a printout of the current TM30 notification receipt with you when you extend. 

3 hours ago, GypsyT said:

asia1213,

Just go to Laos and come back and get 60 days.

When that runs out  - repeat same. Unlimited (?) times.

Is it possible? Before they got angry to me at swannapum airport when i enter without visa. 

5 hours ago, easydoor said:

Again one who doesn't know anything of the immigration rules.

A VISA you cannot extend. It is the PERMISSION OF STAY you extend.

What kind of NON O do you have?

Non-O Single Entree?

Non O Multiple Entree?

They are complete correct at Immigration: A TM30 is required in all cases you handle with Immigration.

A NON O SE visa you only can extend with ONE YEAR, not with 60 or 90 days.

A NON O ME you cannot extend at immigration, you have to make  border run to receive an extension of 90 days.

And, what you HEARD about Bangkok is not correct as almost everything you hear at the bar.

both non imm 'O' and 'O''A' Visa entries can be extended by 60 days to visit Thai family, Non imm 'O''A' visa entry can be extended by one year.

You can do your TM30 at immigration, just take proof of address, my friend did it the other day, he had been here a month and needed a 30 day, a well know Pratumnak hotel (good pub on site)hotel had not filed hisTM30, so he had to go back to the hotel and they did give him a letter which was excepted by IO

46 minutes ago, asia123 said:

Is it possible? Before they got angry to me at swannapum airport when i enter without visa. 

How many previous 30 day Visa Exempt stamps did you have in your passport?

22 minutes ago, mokwit said:

How many previous 30 day Visa Exempt stamps did you have in your passport?

Many. Maybe 10? During covid,  I got covid visa many many times 

You can possibly file a TM-30 YOURSELF as POSSESSOR,  HOUSE MASTER or Renter.

Take proof of LEASE, UTILITY BILLS or DEPOSITS, any mail received, package received labels.

I have been filing my own TM-30's myself for 5 years and for foreign friends that visit. ( MY last one, 2 weeks ago after a 1 week holiday and hotel stay - took 6 minutes at IO no documents were required, just passport )

Again, it ALWAYS depends on your LOCAL IO policy.

Do I need bank statement to get single non-o at Savanaket? 

I almost give up to extend my visa or signup tm30 by myself because my visa will be expired in next week 

3 hours ago, asia123 said:

Until we get a good quantity of reports from the airports, I would not try flying in for the visa-exempt 60-days - or, even with a Tourist Visa, if one has spent more than scant-time in Thailand recently.  There was a rumor they were not being (expletive-deleteds) any more, but I would not risk problems on a bet. 

There are many reports at the Cambodian entry-points with the Visa-Run companies - no more "2 times per year" limit is being applied now. 

2 hours ago, asia123 said:

Do I need bank statement to get single non-o at Savanaket?

No.  That is only needed for the 1-year Multiple-Entry Non-O available at Savan.

2 hours ago, asia123 said:

I almost give up to extend my visa or signup tm30 by myself because my visa will be expired in next week 

The problem you may have is getting an appointment at Savannakhet or Vientiane in time.  A single-entry 90-day Non-O is possible at either consulate.