Harris Confronts Trump’s Remarks on Her Identity with Calls for Unity and Respect

Social Media

46 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Right, because 100% of the population has ALWAYS been in the running for VP historically. 😂😂 What a weird statement dude.

Strangely, I don't recall any candidate promising to pick a woman in March, then announcing it would be a Black woman, even before the convention.

That used to be considered sexist and racist, to choose a candidate based on gender and race.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/15/politics/joe-biden-woman-vice-president/index.html

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/21/politics/joe-biden-four-black-women-vice-president/index.html

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, impulse said:

Strangely, I don't recall any candidate promising to pick a woman in March, then announcing it would be a Black woman, even before the convention.

That used to be considered sexist and racist, to choose a candidate based on gender and race.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/15/politics/joe-biden-woman-vice-president/index.html

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/21/politics/joe-biden-four-black-women-vice-president/index.html

You assume he hadn’t already decided who he was going to pick as VP.

Perhaps he’d already had a shortlist who were women.

1 hour ago, Mazungu said:

Trump is showing his normal nasty racist side. Attacking Harris' ethnicity is not going to play well with independents. And even some Republicans are getting fed up with his ugly behavior. As this ad from Republicans Against Trump shows:

Nice try ! 🫠 .All dem talking points from the Uniparty!
Bunch of Never Trumpers who are
disillusioned into voting for 

A marxist supporter and potential Potus!

Bill Kristol organized !

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Accountability

Edited by riclag
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You assume he hadn’t already decided who he was going to pick as VP.

Perhaps he’d already had a shortlist who were women.

I suppose he could have been going for a trifecta.  Checks 2 DEI boxes, AND guarantees he won't be impeached or 25th'ed.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tug said:

Well said madam vice president but I sincerely hope when the old geriatric rasist starts spouting his offal I hope the DA in you comes to the fore to humiliate and emasculate the old fool.

Not so foolish, Maybe Many people like to Know what she Really Claimed to be instead of Changing from Indian To Black just for this Political Game to drum up Black votes .

But what does one expect Politics is a Filthy Game.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, riclag said:

I like his vision for exposing the millions of unelected bureaucrats!

Now if went for millions of tax dodgers I would be interested.....but he's not so stupid as to shot himself in the foot......maybe avoid the one with those nasty bone spurs.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, transam said:

She can claim to be what she wants as her father was from Jamaica and mum from India, so aren't both countries classed as coloured, and as her dad was black she can most definitely claim to be half black.

To me, this Trump racist attack on the opposition is him to a T, personal attacks, because he has got nothing.

Take a look at what her parents did for a living, has Trump mentioned that, NOOOOO, it will belittle him............:guitar:

Got to confess you used to annoy the hell out of me on the Brexit threads......but starting to warm to you now......🤭

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Got to confess you used to annoy the hell out of me on the Brexit threads......but starting to warm to you now......🤭

We can't agree on everything, ask Mrs.Trans...😁

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, mikebike said:

Your attempts at trolling get more pathetic over time bro.

NO!

NOT trolling.
But, I AM posting a valid view, and one which is shared by many other educated white males.

I do not like the Black Afro-American Ghetto Rap Culture that is taking over the world.

If we must have Black-Ghetto Culture, with Plenty of FING Bling....

Then, let it be this....instead.

image.png.4c27a2b1974c9c8fd02c3b571486c91b.png

Afro-American "culture" is anathema to me, and I will stick with JS Bach, and with Van Gogh, and the impressionists/post-impressionists.

IF America actually wants a BLACK PREZ, then they would, in fact, actually ELECT one.

But, they do not.

It would be impossible to elect a Black-Afro_American in the USA of today.

Such trash culture would not be acceptable to ANYONE!

THIS was the POINT of the other poster, that you also replied to.

We are NOT Trolls for posting valid views.

Troll has become just another four-letter-word, and meaningless, signifying nothing, after being so very overused.

One should NOT call anyone a troll just for being different, or for expressing contrary opinions, if said opinions can be supported by evidence.

So anyway:  All that posters were saying is that, SO FAR, we have not had a Black Prez, meaning culturally black.

Or, just go watch To Sir With Love....

Note:  Black Ghetto Culture is GARBAGE culture.  Nobody wants it, except, maybe to watch on some RAP MTV, which also stinks, compared to JS Bach.

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Haha you are a fool to think she actually thought this speech up. You should know better than to believe speeches written by her handlers. Get her on the floor without someone telling her what to say and she will be flopping like a fish out of water. 

Yes.

You are correct.

She has been under Intensive Training for many months, one must presume, in order to try to prepare this...this....

SALAD Woman for the election.

We know that much money is spent on creating a product to sell to voters.

Even Madison avenue will have difficulty with Harris....

Although, the selling of an imbecile to Americans has been done before...

image.png.ca4b1c430457b9ec76624d246ee69d08.png

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, transam said:

She can claim to be what she wants as her father was from Jamaica and mum from India, so aren't both countries classed as coloured, and as her dad was black she can most definitely claim to be half black.

To me, this Trump racist attack on the opposition is him to a T, personal attacks, because he has got nothing.

Take a look at what her parents did for a living, has Trump mentioned that, NOOOOO, it will belittle him............:guitar:

Yes , both Colored countries ,But Half black, 1/4, 1/8 ,1/16 black Doesn't Cut it for me I've seen enough/Too Much of that in Aus . Only means Trouble For the Government and the people.Cause they can Claim Whatever they Want and Need But Not the White ones . 

As for what her parents did  for a living that's of None concern to Anyone but themself.

• Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Yes.

You are correct.

She has been under Intensive Training for many months, one must presume, in order to try to prepare this...this....

SALAD Woman for the election.

We know that much money is spent on creating a product to sell to voters.

Even Madison avenue will have difficulty with Harris....

Although, the selling of an imbecile to Americans has been done before...

image.png.ca4b1c430457b9ec76624d246ee69d08.png

Did Vance go to the same train camp? If yes, he must have got the wrong instructor. Or does your astute analysis only apply to the Dem and not the GOP? 

BOTH freaking parties have exactly the same access to advisors, trainers. Why has it worked out so well for Kamala, yet so poorly for 45 n Vance? 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, digger70 said:

As for what her parents did  for a living that's of None concern to Anyone but themself.

Father: professor of economics

Mother: biomedical research scientist

Is that good or bad? 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Without being as pompously verbose, only a truly weird individual can not understand that beauty is in the eye if the beholder. 

NOT YOU. 

Without verbosity, still your comment lacks not in obscurity in meaning.

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Did Vance go to the same train camp? If yes, he must have got the wrong instructor.

Did you mean:

Did Vance go to the same train camp, and if so, did he get the wrong conductor?

As in:....

image.png.f3eed222346385942124b14322cf7144.png

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Without verbosity, still your comment lacks not in obscurity in meaning.

Understandable that you cannot recognize clarity. You certainly cannot project it. 

• Love It 1

6 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Did you mean:

Did Vance go to the same train camp, and if so, did he get the wrong conductor?

As in:....

image.png.f3eed222346385942124b14322cf7144.png

Recoiling to semantics is, despite your weirdness, below you. 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Understandable that you cannot recognize clarity. You certainly cannot project it. 

And now, you are beginning a lecture in Psychology, and the dynamics of projection?

• Love It 1

23 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Recoiling to semantics is, despite your weirdness, below you. 

Recoiling?

Well, anyway, if you are stating that you reject semantics, in some cases, then you are certainly in good company.

I guess you are stating that Syntax is more important than Semantics.

However, I think that both are important.

Why?

Just examine the meaning and usage of the world 'recoil', and to 'recoil from', etc.

It is probably not possible to recoil TOWARD or TO something.

If you get my drift, then you will see that both Syntax and Semantics is important for communication using any spoken/written language, such as English, and many others.

Correct?

40 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Father: professor of economics

Mother: biomedical research scientist

Is that good or bad? 

Who Cares , It's  all  suppose to be about  Her isn't it .

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Recoiling?

Well, anyway, if you are stating that you reject semantics, in some cases, then you are certainly in good company.

I guess you are stating that Syntax is more important than Semantics.

However, I think that both are important.

Why?

Just examine the meaning and usage of the world 'recoil', and to 'recoil from', etc.

It is probably not possible to recoil TOWARD or TO something.

If you get my drift, then you will see that both Syntax and Semantics is important for communication using any spoken/written language, such as English, and many others.

Correct?

No. Incorrect and more strange. Native speakers understand meaning in casual conversation. Only debate-club weirdos try to press grammatical errors to their advantage in conversation. 

14 minutes ago, mikebike said:

No. Incorrect and more strange. Native speakers understand meaning in casual conversation. Only debate-club weirdos try to press grammatical errors to their advantage in conversation. 

I see.

But, in fact, you do not seem as if you are a native-English speaker.

Maybe you are just a native who speaks English?

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

NO!

NOT trolling.
But, I AM posting a valid view, and one which is shared by many other educated white males.

I do not like the Black Afro-American Ghetto Rap Culture that is taking over the world.

If we must have Black-Ghetto Culture, with Plenty of FING Bling....

Then, let it be this....instead.

image.png.4c27a2b1974c9c8fd02c3b571486c91b.png

Afro-American "culture" is anathema to me, and I will stick with JS Bach, and with Van Gogh, and the impressionists/post-impressionists.

IF America actually wants a BLACK PREZ, then they would, in fact, actually ELECT one.

But, they do not.

It would be impossible to elect a Black-Afro_American in the USA of today.

Such trash culture would not be acceptable to ANYONE!

THIS was the POINT of the other poster, that you also replied to.

We are NOT Trolls for posting valid views.

Troll has become just another four-letter-word, and meaningless, signifying nothing, after being so very overused.

One should NOT call anyone a troll just for being different, or for expressing contrary opinions, if said opinions can be supported by evidence.

So anyway:  All that posters were saying is that, SO FAR, we have not had a Black Prez, meaning culturally black.

Or, just go watch To Sir With Love....

Note:  Black Ghetto Culture is GARBAGE culture.  Nobody wants it, except, maybe to watch on some RAP MTV, which also stinks, compared to JS Bach.

So no  blues, jazz, rock n roll,  gospel/spiritual, soul, funk, Motown, R&B, ragtime, disco…. 

Just the Bach you probably never listen to, Van Gogh you have probably never seen and impressionists/post impressionist you probably can’t distinguish.

Feigning cultural tastes while dismissing the culture that has been the major source of musical creativity and development for well over a century. 

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So no  blues, jazz, rock n roll,  gospel/spiritual, soul, funk, Motown, R&B, ragtime, disco…. 

Just the Bach you probably never listen to, Van Gogh you have probably never seen and impressionists/post impressionist you probably can’t distinguish.

Feigning cultural tastes while dismissing the culture that has been the major source of musical creativity and development for well over a century. 

When we talk about cultural identity, which I think is the thrust of this Topic, meaning how culture is an integral part of all politics, I think this often does include fine art, and classical music, and more importantly the appreciation of beauty, meaning aesthetics.

My first choice for lengthy listening is always classical music, and I prefer Baroque music, and chamber music, and I am sure that you know the composers  that have given us this music, over the centuries.

Of course I also enjoy good popular music, and good jazz music, but you can hold the gospel, unless you might be talking Blues Brothers Gospel music.

But, at least for me, I am unable to listen to pop or jazz for more than a short period of time before I always come back to classical music, mainly because I care about the beauty of it, and the uplifting nature of it.

The same goes for fine art.  I prefer Monet, and Manet, and Munch, and the rest.  Van Gogh is amazing, especially his peach tree which I can enjoy on any given Sunday, and it is possible to appreciate every single brush stroke, just be visiting the VanGogh Museum's website.

I find the present-day culture an affront to good taste.  It's OK for a brief period of time.  Yet, if our cultural roots continue to erode, then we will end up with even more presidential candidates like Trump and Harris in the future.

Disgusting, really, the candidates that have somehow come upon us this strange year.

14 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You just can’t lay off the mixed race  thing can you?!

I can't lay off the truth.

She is mixed race. Predominantly Indian.

I'm not sorry if that upsets you. 

• Love It 1