Genital Warts Treatment.

Not sure you have them but if so, it is like herpes, you got the gift that keeps on giving.  A friend (actually) of mine never knew he had genital warts.  He was here back in the Vietnam days and contracted genital warts, but the disease laid dormant for over 25 years until his wife contracted them from him.  There was never a doubt about her fidelity and they both went to see a doctor who explained the unfortunate news to them. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Exactly and without seeing a doctor he cannot be sure which he has. 

symptoms are very different and should be easily recognizable from each other by anyone.

but then, reading some of the posts here ...

• Agree 2

19 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's a case of Whack a mole. This stuff is good, from pharmacy 300-400 baht

Screenshot_2024-08-02-12-27-51-399_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

1637637342668.jpg

This medication is excellent, in my experience.

BUT, and I am shouting deliberately, read the instructions and use it very very carefully.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DualSportBiker said:

Acyclovir - 400 mg pills one a day will remove the wart in 4-8 days depending. Responding for a friend...

Acyclovir is for the Herpes Simplex Virus, not genital warts, which are caused by the Human Papillomavirus (HPV)

• Agree 1

On 8/2/2024 at 9:35 AM, Mason45 said:

I suspect that I have genital warts, is there an OTC medication to cure this condition before I think about going to a doctor?

I'm sorry to tell you that you have it fir life. As soon as a wart or warts appear yo must go the the hospital and that will freeze it off. If you don't it will pop and realize mire spores that intern turn into more warts. They will give you tablets to take. After a few years the warts will stop appearing but to have the pap virus in you blood, so you have fir live and can not give blood. 

• Sad 2

Untreated they will grow. Go see a Demotologist you need to drop your shorts show him or her the problem. Before going into office take a good long piss.

Quick fix unless there is new procedure Doctor will pull out a small canister like a thermos smoke will come out like dry Ice stick Long Q tip, inside and then place on the warts you will feel a slow burn if you a real man stand there and take it like a real man, or you cry like a pussy.  A few days later they fall off at best you hope he gets all of it worse case you need to come back as what is missed will grow back.:cheesy:

• Sad 1

On 8/2/2024 at 3:18 PM, BritManToo said:

It's essentially incurable, just wait and they go away in 1-2 years.

Meanwhile he carries the virus and infects others if using protection, which is how it was contracted from someone else

1 hour ago, helloagain said:

I'm sorry to tell you that you have it fir life. As soon as a wart or warts appear yo must go the the hospital and that will freeze it off. If you don't it will pop and realize mire spores that intern turn into more warts. They will give you tablets to take. After a few years the warts will stop appearing but to have the pap virus in you blood, so you have fir live and can not give blood. 

Are you sure about that, I have never heard that warts can "pop"  they are nothing remotely like  boils or cysts

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, JimHuaHin said:

This medication is excellent, in my experience.

BUT, and I am shouting deliberately, read the instructions and use it very very carefully.

Yup, the podophyllin paint is what most doctors here will prescribe if it's one or two smallish warts in the genital area. Use every other day for 3 days a week and the wart(s) will turn black and fall off. Removing them yourself with nail clippers or similar will make you bleed, leave you open to infection and just cause more to pop up. And you're only removing the surface part when you do that as the warts have very long roots.

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Meanwhile he carries the virus and infects others if using protection, which is how it was contracted from someone else

I think you mean't to say "he carries the virus and infects others if NOT using protection, which is how it was contracted from someone else"

Genital warts are very common.  According to a 2017 study, 42.5% of adults aged 18–59 in the United States had any genital HPV, and 22.7% had high-risk genital HPV. The study also found that 45% of men in the same age group had active genital HPV infections, compared to 27% of women aged 14–59.

And 

Herpes infections are also very common. Fifty to 80 percent of American adults have oral herpes (HSV-1), which causes cold sores or fever blisters in or around the mouth. Genital herpes, caused by HSV-1 or HSV-2, affects one out of every six people in the U.S. age 14 to 49.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, helloagain said:

The pop part sounds like rubbish as is the give blood part

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Weird things warts, when I was a kid I caught warts off a girl after having to hold hands with her during a drama lesson. Started off with one on my hand and developed many others although none on the genitals.

The one on my hand was getting bigger and eventually  mother dragged me off to the quacks and he had a look and suggested a visit to the pharmacy to get some  "compound w" . Its still available I think.  It did eat away at the warts and some of the smaller ones disappeared  but the one on my hand seemed to be to well established  and suffered no effects, some of the smaller ones returned 

After a few weeks it was clearly not getting rid of them , so back to the quack, who referred me to what I guess was a dermatologist, who prescribed something basically the same as "compound w" but stronger, strangely he insisted that I chanted "warts warts go away" when applying it! he was quite emphatic about that.  A bit more success than the first attempt but they were still there.

Then my worst fears were realised as my father decided to "sort it out once and for all" he had suffered a wart on his nose for years, and had burned it out using nitric acid , he was a chemist and had access to all sorts of stuff.    His technique was to drip a single drop onto the wart , as it burnt its way through the warty skin it was painless but as soon as it started stinging ,on contact with real skin, we flushed it off with water, All relatively painless, We did it twice a day and after a few days the wart was looking a bit the worse for wear, it started itching a bit, I used to pick at it ,and a few days later it just kind of fell away leaving a bit of a hollow were it had been and that was it , gone.  A few days later every other wart had disappeared on their own   I certainly would not suggest  trying any of the above on genital warts of course.

I have heard of people being hypnotised to get rid of warts, so maybe there is a mind over matter aspect tp them, kind of explains the dermatologist with his chanting suggestion, I can't comment if that would have worked because, to be honest  I didn't  do it  so I'm not dismissing it

Some years later, my mother contracted a verruca on her foot, she flatly refused my fathers offer of treatment, one of her friends, who   was a tree hugging holistic  aromatherapist weirdo gave her some home made ointment a mixture of Epsom Salts and Glycerine. My old man poured scorn on it I can still remember his words, "waste of time , wouldn't burn through a wet paper bag, bloody witchcraft etc etc ". Surprise surprise it worked, a bit less spectacular than nitric acid , but no doubt a lot gentler, just applied as a poultice daily ,   the verruca was  gone in about a week as I remember. and another friend of hers used the same concoction to successfully get rid of some  warts.

32 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

I think you mean't to say "he carries the virus and infects others if NOT using protection, which is how it was contracted from someone else"

Genital warts are very common.  According to a 2017 study, 42.5% of adults aged 18–59 in the United States had any genital HPV, and 22.7% had high-risk genital HPV. The study also found that 45% of men in the same age group had active genital HPV infections, compared to 27% of women aged 14–59.

And 

Herpes infections are also very common. Fifty to 80 percent of American adults have oral herpes (HSV-1), which causes cold sores or fever blisters in or around the mouth. Genital herpes, caused by HSV-1 or HSV-2, affects one out of every six people in the U.S. age 14 to 49.

I heard condoms offer very limited protection for one or other of the above

52 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

Loads of lads on here with first-hand experience of GWs.

Hope none of you live in the same town as me!

Why?  Is your missis infected and not to be trusted,? nice of you to be concerned for us

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Haha 1

Genital warts are from the HPV virus. They do NOT "blister" or "pop". They are just roundish, hard protrusions that appear in the genital area.

If you have "blisters" in your genital area that "pop" you have a whole different problem and really need to see a doctor.
Soon.
As in - now.

And as long as you are infected with HPV, the warts will come back. Maybe smaller, maybe bigger.

Also note that HPV is linked to some kinds of cancers (cervical, mouth, anal, penile, vulval and vaginal cancers for example).

Reading some stuff on the NHS, Mayo Clinic and other medical sites. They say that "eventually" the body should be able to eliminate the virus. If you already have it, the vaccine may not help get rid of it, but may help prevent catching a different strain of it.

Unfortunately, for men, there is NO test to tell if you have HPV. The only sign is genital warts. (Women can get a cervix test that will show if they have it or not.)

"Human papillomavirus, also called HPV, is spread by sexual activity. Some strains of HPV cause genital warts. Other HPV strains can cause cancers.

Most of the time, the body can find and clear out HPV. But if the virus stays in the body for a long time, it can cause cancer. Getting vaccinated against HPV helps prevent cancer in men and women."

"Who cannot have the HPV vaccine

Most people who are eligible for the HPV vaccine can have it.

You only cannot have the vaccine if you've had a serious allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) to a previous dose of the vaccine, or an ingredient in the vaccine.

<snip - pretty sure most of you aren't pregnant or breastfeeding an infant - even if you yourself are still "breastfeeding".>

Also note, pretty much every medical site I looked at said people up to age 45 should get vaccinated. On one FAQ it asked about people older than that and the answer was that they figure by age 45 you probably already have HPV.

Here is a FAQ from the Bumrungrad Hospital (Thailand).
https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/health-blog/january-2024/q-a-cervical-cancer

They don't mention an upper age limit.
They do mention the number of different strains and which ones may cause cancer (7 strains) and which may cause warts (2 strains).
They also list the different vaccines (3) and which are effective against which strains. 
Go for the "9 Volent" as the 2 and 4 volents only protect against some strains but the "9" is supposed to be effective against all of them.

As for the warts, pretty much any dermatology center at a hospital or clinic should be able to get rid of them one way or another.

Like the Dermatology center at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. They laser off the warts. In and out  procedure (speed things up and shave "down there" before you go).

https://bangkokpattayahospital.com/center_clinics/dermatology-and-plastic-surgery/

A Doctor can freeze them with liquid nitrogen.  It will crust up and come off in 5 to 7 days.

My buddy said he bought a to go pint of ice cream from Swensens and they put dry ice in the bag to keep it cold.  He used a piece of the dry ice on his wart and he said it did the same thing as liquid nitrogen.

3 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Why?  Is your missis infected and not to be trusted,? nice of you to be concerned for us

Are any of them to be trusted?

I think Our Lass is as good as most.

In 20 years she has given me thrush a couple of times.

Oh nearly forgot i got crabs off her one time after she visited her family for a few weeks.

4 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

Are any of them to be trusted?

I think Our Lass is as good as most.

In 20 years she has given me thrush a couple of times.

Oh nearly forgot i got crabs off her one time after she visited her family for a few weeks.

I'll never forget my first day as an apprentice plumber on a large building site. Some one had use a texta and written on the wall of the bog. There's no use standing on the seat as the crabs in here can jump 6 feet, as a 14 yo I was shocked.