Polyphenols in my tea; And also other Tea Anomalies. YOU, too?

Dear Folks,

Just this AM when I awoke, I checked the mug of tea I had prepared last night, to down this morning, the mug with the screw-on cap, and the filter to keep the leaves from falling out when I pour from the mug into the 630 ml glass with ice.

And I noticed that the tea in the mug, the liquid, was completely cloudy.

Cloudiness is not a good sign for a urine sample, but what about cloudy tea, fresh from the refrigerator; is this also, like one's urine sample, not fit to drink?

Well the answer is, yellow tea is good to drink, even if cloudy, whereas the other yellow liquid mentioned above is not.

This is the first time I have found cloudy tea in the fridge, in fact.

And, believe me, it is really cloudy.

I did what I always do when I see something new.

I went online to find out why.

I found this:

image.png.2e2f1835f4504136735021309e7a7b23.png

I always drink Chinese Green Tea, unless I drink the Lipton Yellow Label tea, or the Black tea you can find in Black canisters at TOPS and RIMPING, which I do not especially recommend.

Since I drink Chinese Green Tea, it never comes out looking as disgusting as this:

image.png.4d00f47eaa7b085c421e6d8b5832d2b1.png

So, has this ever happened to you?

The strange thing, from my perspective, is  the fact that this has never happened to me before.

I think I will need to try to replicate this to get to the bottom of it.

In order to do so, I will do what I did, which is to leave the leaves in, overnight.

This should add even more tannins to the brew.

Some have suggested this cloudiness might be due to some sort of "TEMPERATURE SHOCK", but I believe that whomever wrote that is just not a scientist.

Who ever heard of brewed tea suffering from SHOCK?

So what is your experience along the same lines as what I have described here?

I would also like to mention two other Tea Anomalies, but that will need to wait for later in this Topic Thread as I must first drink my cloudy tea before it becomes clear again, which I suspect might happen if it warms up.

And, for sure, I want to sample this cloudy teas so that I can report, here, on any strange tastes that I notice.

Good Morning,

And

Regards,

Gamma

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

What a long post about nothing.

The only way to drink tea is hot, freshly made in a teapot with tea leaves.

...and, in my case, preferably Indian.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dionigi said:

that's not cloudy that is sludgy, are you sure there is no milk in it?

I cannot be sure about the orange one.

However, this morning, the tea in my glass mug which I had just taken out of the refrigerator was just as cloudy, although it was milky green instead of milky orange.

For Sure:  I NEVER add milk or sugar to tea that I make myself.

In Thailand, people do add milk and sugar, but I won't drink it.

I do not like sweet drinks, unless it's Original Coke.

Original Coke goes very well with very spicy Thai food.

Also with Sichuan and Hunan food.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Cloudiness is not a good sign for a urine sample, but what about cloudy tea, fresh from the refrigerator; is this also, like one's urine sample, not fit to drink?

If you are not seriously taking the urine, I'd seek professional help and soon.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

and is why i blocked him long ago.....and was the best decision ever......10.5 k posts in 3 yrs.....smh

He is also on my blocked list together with GG x 2, and Robert, and others. But sometimes it is good for a laugh to see what rubbish he can dream up, sometimes 3 times a day. 

• Sad 1

Polyphenols are good for you. They function as anti-oxidants.

Tea is good for your teeth, too. You can drink the fluorides in it, without the guilt of being harangued by an anti-fluoride campaigner.

Tea, along with a Bex, is relaxing. It originated the expression " a cup of tea, a Bex, and a good lie down" to denote someone who should really take a timeout from the stress in their life.

Conversely, ever noticed how people get wired on coffee? IMO the Boston Tea Party set America on an irreversible path of angst, which seems to be getting worse.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Dear Folks,

Just this AM when I awoke, I checked the mug of tea I had prepared last night, to down this morning, the mug with the screw-on cap, and the filter to keep the leaves from falling out when I pour from the mug into the 630 ml glass with ice.

Well the answer is, yellow tea is good to drink, even if cloudy, whereas the other yellow liquid mentioned above is not.

I found this:

I always drink Chinese Green Tea, unless I drink the Lipton Yellow Label tea, or the Black tea you can find in Black canisters at TOPS and RIMPING, which I do not especially recommend.

Since I drink Chinese Green Tea, it never comes out looking as disgusting as this:

The strange thing, from my perspective, is  the fact that this has never happened to me before.

In order to do so, I will do what I did, which is to leave the leaves in, overnight.

Some have suggested this cloudiness might be due to some sort of "TEMPERATURE SHOCK", but I believe that whomever wrote that is just not a scientist.

I would also like to mention two other Tea Anomalies, but that will need to wait for later in this Topic Thread as I must first drink my cloudy tea before it becomes clear again, which I suspect might happen if it warms up.

And, for sure, I want to sample this cloudy teas so that I can report, here, on any strange tastes that I notice.

Good Morning,

And

Regards,

Gamma

You seriously need to get a life! 

8 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Dear Folks,

I found this:

Good Morning,

And

Regards,

Gamma

You left the tea in the refrigerator overnight with the leaves in. Just as red wine gets darker with the skins left in the vat longer, tea does the same thing. Rose wine has little contact with the skins, hence the lighter color.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

You left the tea in the refrigerator overnight with the leaves in. Just as red wine gets darker with the skins left in the vat longer, tea does the same thing. Rose wine has little contact with the skins, hence the lighter color.

Wait:

I have two identical mugs with screw caps.

In one mug, I had the tea only without the leaves.

In the second mug, I had the tea leaves, soaking in water.

Only the first mug became cloudy.

So then...

What gives?

6 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Wait:

I have two identical mugs with screw caps.

In one mug, I had the tea only without the leaves.

In the second mug, I had the tea leaves, soaking in water.

Only the first mug became cloudy.

So then...

What gives?

Equal amounts of tea in each glass? Both glasses clean? Was one in the fridge longer? Don't pour ice into hot tea immediately. Wait for it to cool first.

33 minutes ago, zyphodb said:

Why put stewed tea in the fridge at all? 

If it wasn't stewed to start with, it certainly would be by morning...

OK.

The reason, normally, is this:

a. First infusion of the tea leaves...just drink it.

b. Then, of course, you have a mug with tea leaves and no water.

c. So just fill up the mug with ice water, and pop in the fridge.

d.  By morning, you have a mug of great tasting ice tea.

But, this morning, the tea became exceedingly cloudy.

This has never happened before.

Important Note:  I would like to mention that, for making iced tea, the best was is to do this.

a. Add tea leaves to mug.

b. Pour in 80-degree C water.

c. Pour out the water into second mug.

d. Drink the resultant mug of tea.

e. Then, add cold water to the first mug which contains the tea leaves from the first infusion.

f. Put the mug in the fridge for about 12 hours, and drink the next morning after the 12 hours have elapsed.

g. The flavor of the iced tea is better than if you had made it using hot water.

Don't ask me why.

Also, always use either Green Tea or use something like DongDing WuLong tea.

Very nice.

Trust me!

14 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Polyphenols are good for you. They function as anti-oxidants.

Tea is good for your teeth, too. You can drink the fluorides in it, without the guilt of being harangued by an anti-fluoride campaigner.

Tea, along with a Bex, is relaxing. It originated the expression " a cup of tea, a Bex, and a good lie down" to denote someone who should really take a timeout from the stress in their life.

Conversely, ever noticed how people get wired on coffee? IMO the Boston Tea Party set America on an irreversible path of angst, which seems to be getting worse.

What is a Bex please?

On 8/5/2024 at 8:45 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

Throw the tea and drink the pee! 🙄