Poll: Who will Kamala Harris pick to be her VP?

Poll: Who will Kamala Harris pick to be her VP?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This pick will happen within the next few days.

I have included the names that I know to be the finalists.

This poll asks who she WILL pick, NOT who you WANT her to pick. 

I will try to post the final results at the time of the pick when it happens (if possible).

Obviously votes AFTER the pick are garbage so please don't even do that.

Edited by Jingthing

2 hours ago, cdemundo said:

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz seems like a sensible, likable candidate.

I know many factors go into this choice but he seems like he brings only positives.

Is he Jewish?

18 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

If there is a candidate out there that is black,lesbian, disabled and retarded she would be a shoo-in.

If there was going to be two women on the ticket, it would have been Whitmer who really should be on top of the ticket, but that's another story. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

If there was going to be two women on the ticket, it would have been Whitmer who really should be on top of the ticket, but that's another story. 

She ran away as quickly as she could. I have a place in Michigan and can tell you she isnt universally loved there do to her insane edicts during covid. Including but not limited to wharehousing covid patients in nursing homes which killed people.

• Thumbs Up 1

This isn't really a spoiler alert because the pick hasn't happened yet and this news is out there.

Reportedly, believe it or not, the choices have now narrowed to only two.

Walz and Shapiro. 

Yes it's going to be awkward for Pennsylvanian Shapiro if the announcement isn't him at the Philly event.

Harris' running mate choice narrows to Walz, Shapiro, sources say (usatoday.com)

WASHINGTON, Aug 5 (Reuters) - Democratic presidential candidate Kamala Harris has narrowed her search for a vice presidential running mate to two finalists, Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro and Minnesota Governor Tim Walz, three sources with knowledge of the matter said on Monday.

Harris, the U.S. vice president, is expected to announce her selection by Tuesday, ahead of her first scheduled public appearance with her running mate in the evening at Temple University in Philadelphia.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

This isn't really a spoiler alert because the pick hasn't happened yet and this news is out there.

Reportedly, believe it or not, the choices have now narrowed to only two.

Walz and Shapiro. 

Yes it's going to be awkward for Pennsylvanian Shapiro if the announcement isn't him at the Philly event.

Harris' running mate choice narrows to Walz, Shapiro, sources say (usatoday.com)

WASHINGTON, Aug 5 (Reuters) - Democratic presidential candidate Kamala Harris has narrowed her search for a vice presidential running mate to two finalists, Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro and Minnesota Governor Tim Walz, three sources with knowledge of the matter said on Monday.

Harris, the U.S. vice president, is expected to announce her selection by Tuesday, ahead of her first scheduled public appearance with her running mate in the evening at Temple University in Philadelphia.

i just heard for whatever reason Shapiro is all but out of the running. I  noticed today the head of the UAW said he didn't want him. Made me think he might have issues,

Edited by Cryingdick

Guessing it'll be Walz. His 'Uncle Wally' likability and plain-spokenness may be just what the country needs to start healing America's political divisions. His rust belt appeal is also attractive. Pelosi, whose political instincts are beyond reproach after she helped coax Biden to step down, has endorsed him and this is probably carrying enormous weight as well.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Guessing it'll be Walz. His 'Uncle Wally' likability and plain-spokenness may just be what the country needs to start healing America's political divisions. Mid-western rust belt appeal is also attractive. Pelosi's endorsement whose political instincts are beyond reproach after she helped coax Biden to step down is probably carrying enormous weight as well.

MN isn't the rust belt and he certainly hasn't united people in Minnesota. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Kelly would be my choice but he is a Senator and would have to give up his seat, another Democratic Senator will be appointed by the Democratic governor (Polis) , but whoever is appointed  will be up for reelection during the mid-terms that would favor the opposition party, and the Democrats can't afford to lose a seat in the Senate. 

Shapiro seems to be the sweetheart of the Media, he  would help with Ohio, but he would hurt for three reasons.

He is Jewish and there  those who will not vote for the ticket because of that, as unfortunate as it is, its true. .

He is a strong supporter of Israel's policy toward the Palestinian, and there are many , including the youth vote who will not vote for someone who supports the genocide,and apartheid policies.  

And he is a strong supporter of school vouchers , that will put him at odds with the NEA (National teachers Union)

IMO , if she picks Shapira, say hello to another four years of president trump.

Tim Walz brings Minnesota to the table, has no negatives that I know of, He is very likable in a down to earth kind of way. 

Pete Buttigieg is Intelligent, articulate, and likable, other than that I am not sure what else he brings to the table as far as enhancing Harris'  electability  . I think he would be outstanding for a major cabinet appointment to build up his CV  and a shot at the presidency in the future. 

I don't know enough about the rest to have an opinion.   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

i just heard for whatever reason Shapiro is all but out of the running. I  noticed today the head of the UAW said he didn't want him. Made me think he might have issues,

He also has a problem with the teacher's unions because of his support for school vouchers, which would defund poor school districts.