Are you a Trump supporter?

SunsetT

5 hours ago, 2baht said:

You sure kicked Vietnam's butt did'nt you! :whistling: Does the most powerful country with the worlds most powerful man run away like a scared dog with it's tail between it's legs??? Nixon was good, was'nt he! Nancy Reagan was a good president wasn't she, Trump was the greatest of all time and more intelligent than anyone else mankind has ever encountered wasn't he, Biden is absolu .........ah........what was I talking about!!!

Really, then why pick a shop changing room...?..........:huh:

5 hours ago, susanlea said:

The pres is a puppet half the time plus congress controls most things. Elon Musk is more powerful. 

How do you know, I thought you were an Aussie.....?   :unsure:

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Wrwest said:

Then sit it out or vote in opposition to the Trump Party. After which, I would welcome you back as an American bringing conservative answers to addressing American issues we all face. I had the same dilemma in 2016 and so voted Green Party.

He was essentially expressing support for Trump and disdain for Harris. I guess you couldn't recognize that, which is a trait that many Trump supporters seem to suffer from. The inability to handle any level of complaints about their political master.

It's actually a very boring and predictable quality to witness. 

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

So has anyone actually listened to the interview with Fred Trump? No-one has commented on it yet. I hope y'all will read the book and pass it around for other potential Trump voters to read before November.

More here on YouTube as there are probably many Trump supporters who cannot read...😂:

I doubt if it will change the mind of more than five people who are planning on voting for Trump. Unfortunately this is no longer about character, this is no longer about morality, and this is no longer about who the man is. I think for most it's about the issues, most of his supporters seem to know what a creep and lowlife he is. 

Most. Some actually think he is some sort of saint. LOL. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

So has anyone actually listened to the interview with Fred Trump? No-one has commented on it yet. I hope y'all will read the book and pass it around for other potential Trump voters to read before November.

More here on YouTube as there are probably many Trump supporters who cannot read...😂:

Trump loves mental ill, disabled, veterans, prisoners of war, rednecks, poor people, black, so all lies 

He is a saint, a savior 🙏 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Keep telling yourself that.

What is it #1 in ...

... % of population incarcerator

... % of budget spent on military/defense contractors, which hasn't won a war sense WW2

Anything else, and they lag behind other developed countries.  Made for a TV series, but the numbers stated were accurate at the time ...  sourced from 'CIA Factbook', if you care to research.

It depends on what metric is used.

Militarily, there is no question America is the most powerful country in the world. Best logistics, best equipment. It's arguable who has the best soldiers.

What makes America a stand out is its ability to project power all over the globe. It does that with aircraft carriers, satellites, and aerial surveillance.

That kind of power at the command of any single human should give anyone pause.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, stoner said:

thailand has a higher literacy rate 🙂

Not much use having a high literacy rate unless one is taught to think with it.

Russia has a literacy rate of 99.7%, look where it has got them.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It depends on what metric is used.

Militarily, there is no question America is the most powerful country in the world. Best logistics, best equipment. It's arguable who has the best soldiers.

What makes America a stand out is its ability to project power all over the globe. It does that with aircraft carriers, satellites, and aerial surveillance.

It does have more CSGs (carrier strike groups (9), but they are scattered around the world, and mobilizing anything to go anywhere is simply too logistic for a conventional war.

Look how long it took to invade Irag.

NATO is a joke without the USA, so Russia is not threatened.  

Push comes to shove, don't think USA has many friends in Asia and or SEA.

Fleets need fuel & food.

Also, think BRICS, then add N Korea to the count :coffee1:

image.png.b8691633996d1f583f21bc0a920b27b0.png

Members serving, but again .. scattered

image.png.1565c16106cb6c1818e3646b8a529011.png

Edited by KhunLA

16 hours ago, KhunLA said:

"president of the USA and the most powerful man in the World?"

I don't believe anyone thinks that any more, or ever did.  Biden is a fine example.  Clinton, Carter, are a couple more jokes.

Jimmy Carter is lauded as one of the greatest US presidents of the 20th Century and noted humanist in later life but in reality all the West’s problems today stem from his disastrous Iran policy which brought the fall of the Shah and return of Khomeni and the consequent rise of fundamental Islam which is the scourge of our modern society

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

It does have more CSGs (carrier strike groups (9), but they are scattered around the world, and mobilizing anything to go anywhere is simply too logistic for a conventional war.

Look how long it took to invade Irag.

NATO is a joke without the USA, so Russia is not threatened.  

Push comes to shove, don't think USA has many friends in Asia and or SEA.

Fleets need fuel & food.

Also, think BRICS, then add N Korea to the count :coffee1:

image.png.b8691633996d1f583f21bc0a920b27b0.png

The submarine count is misleading. Who has the most nuclear-powered  submarines, capable of staying submerged for extended periods? Who has the best noise-suppression equipment? Who has the best detection gear? Those factors change the balance.

As does Russia. Thanks to corruption, it is questionable how many of their subs are operational.

I am not saying things cannot change. The use of drones in Ukraine has every military in the world scrambling for defenses, and their use on the high seas is presumably in naval thinking as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, HK MacPhooey said:

Jimmy Carter is lauded as one of the greatest US presidents of the 20th Century and noted humanist in later life but in reality all the West’s problems today stem from his disastrous Iran policy which brought the fall of the Shah and return of Khomeni and the consequent rise of fundamental Islam which is the scourge of our modern society

Spot on.   I was chit chatting with an older Iranian on Phuket, and I asked him how F'd up or not, Iran was, politely.

And he reflected back to that, after stating, Iran was totally F'd up.   He does 6 months Iran, & 6 months TH/Phuket.

He said back during Shah days when they wanting him out and had a choice, they thought, how much worse could it be.   Be careful what you wish for ... :cheesy:  Iran people have major regret with that one decision.

Actually one of the best political, people, conversations I've ever had in TH with a non Thai.  Possibly ever with anyone.

A better question is for all the 'mates' from UK or Oz - ask them anything about Trump.

I cannot name a single leader of another country, must less know as much about that leader as non-US citizens here in LOS. 

seem to think they know about Trump.

So bitter and angry...but I always believe it's really envy and jealousy.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, SunsetT said:

I should have said whoever he or she is.

Yeah, sorry how you let the truth slip out there, something you avoid whenever possible in your posts and comments.

Incidentally, is there any way I can block posts and comments by this loser?  He makes me avoid this website.  

1 minute ago, HalAndLois said:

Yeah, sorry how you let the truth slip out there, something you avoid whenever possible in your posts and comments.

Incidentally, is there any way I can block posts and comments by this loser?  He makes me avoid this website.  

Hoover over the name...LHS....'ignore' comes up as an option.

I've stopped using it, eventually I wasn't seeing any posts.....555

17 hours ago, KhunLA said:

"president of the USA and the most powerful man in the World?"

I don't believe anyone thinks that any more, or ever did.  Biden is a fine example.  Clinton, Carter, are a couple more jokes.

This could be the POTUS and the country would run just like it is currently running.  The position is a figurehead with very wealthy donors pulling the strings behind the curtains. 

image-819601055.thumb.jpeg.13e8d8a1e6b508872a8743ee1eae087e.jpeg

• Haha 1

Do you support Trump?  No
Do you support Biden Harris?  No
Do you support Taylor Swift?  I'm sure she could do as good as any other sock-puppet installed into the position of the POTUS by the billionaire donor-class.

Anyone who doesn't grasp that the US is a oligarchy which serves its own interests and the interests of the top-tiered stakeholders are simply fooling themselves.  It's neither Left or Right or Center.  It's whatever it needs to be to achieve its goals while it fosters division and divisiveness within the population as a means to control the commoners by pitting them against each other. If the commoners are at each others throats, then they are not at the throats of those choking the life out of them with austerity.  If the public ever wakes up and finally understands who is pulling the strings and for what purposes, the people running the show would be tarred, feathered, and hung by their heels in the town squares.

So who should be The President Of The United States?
Mr. Potato-Head would do.  Howdy-Doody would work.  Alfred E Newman is always an option.
But? 
Taylor Swift is easy on the eyes and she could sing the American public to sleep with her songs.

My vote is with Taylor Swift!  👱‍♀️🎸

singer-Taylor-swift-2013-2348885633.thumb.jpg.37ed27ed1d146210a795cc8640f2b737.jpg

Edited by connda
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

That's just it, the president alone, has very little real power.  He may be 'Commander in Chief' in title, but he can't tell the Generals & Admirals what to do.

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

That's just it, the president alone, has very little real power.  He may be 'Commander in Chief' in title, but he can't tell the Generals & Admirals what to do.

I take it you have watched " Dr. Strangelove" a few times.

16 minutes ago, connda said:

Do you support Taylor Swift?  I'm sure she could do as good as any other sock-puppet installed into the position of the POTUS by the billionaire donor-class.

Anyone who doesn't grasp that the US is a oligarchy which serves its own interests and the interests of the top-tiered stakeholders are simply fooling themselves.  It's neither Left or Right or Center.  It's whatever it needs to be to achieve its goals while it fosters division and divisiveness within the population as a means to control the commoners by pitting them against each other. If the commoners are at each others throats, then they are not at the throats of those choking the life out of them with austerity.  If the public ever wakes up and finally understands who is pulling the strings and for what purposes, the people running the show would be tarred, feathered, and hung by their heels in the town squares.

Mr. Potato-Head would do.  Howdy-Doody would work.  Alfred E Newman is always an option.
But? 
Taylor Swift is easy on the eyes and she could sing the American public to sleep with her songs.

singer-Taylor-swift-2013-2348885633.thumb.jpg.37ed27ed1d146210a795cc8640f2b737.jpg

Taylor Swift’s political journey has become more public in recent years, reflecting her progressive stance on various issues. Here are some key points about her political endorsements and statements:

1. 2018 Midterm Elections:

• Swift broke her political silence in October 2018 by endorsing Democratic candidates in her home state of Tennessee. She supported Phil Bredesen for the U.S. Senate and Jim Cooper for the U.S. House of Representatives.

• She criticized Republican candidate Marsha Blackburn, citing her voting record on women’s rights, LGBTQ+ rights, and other issues.

2. LGBTQ+ Rights:

• Swift has been a strong advocate for LGBTQ+ rights. In 2019, she released the single “You Need to Calm Down,” which promoted equality and criticized anti-LGBTQ+ behavior.

• She has also supported the Equality Act, which seeks to prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.

3. 2020 Presidential Election:

• Swift endorsed Joe Biden and Kamala Harris in the 2020 election. She expressed her support through social media and in interviews, highlighting the importance of voting and the need for leadership that champions equality, kindness, and decency.

Final nail in Trump's coffin.....it's coming.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

In this new age of missile tech, carrier strike groups are little more than sitting ducks.  Glad my Navy days are 40 years behind me.  A CSG meant something back then in terms of power projection.  Today.  It's gonna look bad when a US carrier's flight deck is made non-operational by a bunch if guys wearing sandals with curved knives in their belts waving AK-47s and shouting Allah-Akbar...and then the CSG support ships coming to aid the carrier are sunk or rendered inoperable.

:angry: "That would never happen to the greatest military in the world."

Think not?  Ok.  But if I was a betting man I think I'd drop a few quid on Ansar-Allah or Hezbollah hitting a carrier within the next 365 days.  It just understanding that the technology exists.  Now who will be on the wrong side of Shock And Awe?  Even if the whole dog and pony show goes nuclear - which I fully expect it will.  Then?  Global Warming in the millions of degrees Celsius range as the Morlocks head underground.  Last person down please turn out the lights. 

47 minutes ago, connda said:

But? 

How cute - someone who actually believes that the US has a functional democracy gave me a confused emoticon.  "Awwww."  💋

:angry: "My vote counts!!! Grrrrr."

:wink: Yeah, of course it does.  <wink wink>

Screenshotfrom2024-08-0617-19-32.png.784f5d2e918c4f32a957aaac24396d91.png

37 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I take it you have watched " Dr. Strangelove" a few times.

Nah, never saw it.  I just know the oath they take to defend the Constitution, doesn't include the orders from president, as the enlisted personnel's does.

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

The likelihood of Biden making any decisions for himself is very slim.  He's just a figurehead.

Pretty much tells you everything, and only profitable proxy wars will be engaged.  The rest is just 'doom & gloom' to pump up the budget.

• Thumbs Up 2

If you want peace and prosperity in the world Trump is the man who can do it!!! He has my vote and millions more , but the democrats are enlisting illegals to vote which is illegal, they have tried to assiinanate him, charged him with many fake crimes that were proven to be committed by others. He is our last hope for freedom! If he doesn’t win the world will be taken over by communist dictators. Trump/Vance 2024

• Agree 1