Digital Wallet Project Sales Exempt from Revenue Department Access

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

I surely believe that many people will get a tax form next year. We all know that many Thais don't pay taxes and with this digital wallet system the Government knows how much money they earn and what they have in the bankaccounts..So it is easy to tax them now.

watch this

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Deputy Finance Minister Julapun Amornvivat confirmed today that sales figures from the Pheu Thai-initiated digital wallet project will not be accessible by the Revenue Department

Really?

In a country that monitors and censors what we do on the internet?

• Agree 1

I haven't taken much notice of this digy wallet thingy, until last night, Mrs.T said..."Look, I have a digital wallet"....Flashing her phone in front of my eyes.....

I asked.."Dose this mean we are going to be given a few quid"....:unsure:

She said..."I don't know, but everybody is trying to get one."...🙄

"Oh", I said, "Let me know when I can borrow from it".......:coffee1:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I surely believe that many people will get a tax form next year. We all know that many Thais don't pay taxes and with this digital wallet system the Government knows how much money they earn and what they have in the bankaccounts..So it is easy to tax them now.

But that is exactly why many businesses didn't sign up for the program - and that is why the government now is saying that the revenue department will not be checking their income so they won't pay taxes on any of this money plus whatever is mixed in with it.  Seems an easy way to keep from reporting anything business wise to the dept.  

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Surprised they haven't tried to tax the 10K at source, before payment to eligible people.

7 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Can anyone tell me the full and correct name for the 'Stateway app'?

Just a little aside.....if you are on iOS...the app is only available if your account is registered to the Thai App store....sorry if that is obvious, but I spent most of yesterday trying to find the damn thing.

Can't remember the name now and the wife is out.

On 8/6/2024 at 7:18 AM, ikke1959 said:

I've been saying all along that the two reasons for pushing the digital wallet is 1- to buy votes and 2- to start tracking income/expenditures so that taxes can be collected more easily!

• Agree 1