Be careful lying on the massage tables in Thailand. Easy to catch infection.

34 minutes ago, advancebooking said:

Looks like you are going to a high end place with no happy ending on site. Massage only for you?

It's not high end at 150 baht/hour. I tip 50 baht. The lady owner ( 60 yo ) simply runs a tight ship. She gets other women in as well, takes one-third of what they earn in return for providing the facilities. They are all mid forties to mid-fifties.

No happy ending, my GF does that.

• Love It 1

10 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Out of sight.....

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand. 

Dont tell me you think Kurt Vonnegut was over-rated?

How about just paying someone to rub your temples? No massage table needed. You're not afraid of catching herpes like that, are you?

On 8/6/2024 at 1:33 PM, advancebooking said:

My friend visited Thailand earlier this year and frequented opted going to get an oil massage full body. After 3 weeks here he had a terrible sore on his thigh that looked exactly like the one in the photo of this website. 

https://worldofbuzz.com/20-people-suffer-contagious-bacterial-infection-after-visiting-massage-parlour-in-kuchai-lama/?fbclid=IwY2xjawEeoWFleHRuA2FlbQIxMAABHeDwZfD0zE574XQTtVxDkOWDWHWANNA4Xh7gTxvVMizJ9Iv8V_oeQJpwAQ_aem_IcLgFiWoiTqKud_9m6-xeA

Last year I had one on my butt as well. I was on antibiotics and had to pay 5k at a hospital to get it cut out. It was awful to say the least. 

Since then before starting the massage I ask for 3 towels. I check if they are fresh and clean. If so I lay 2 of them on the table and lie on that. 1 for the shower at the end. If the towels are not clean I depart and find a new venue. 

Its gross to think what one can catch in these places where the girls do not change the cloth on the table at all. Maybe at the end of each day. YUCK>>>>>

He should go to a dermatologist for STD treatment as well maybe 😳

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/6/2024 at 2:57 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

Yes.

I agree.

Add to this, pedicure....almost anywhere.

I do not go for massages.

I do not go to get my nails clipped.

I do not go to the barber, either, although this has less to do with transmission of disease.

Think of skin diseases such as IMPETIGO, for example.

Do you really want to expose yourself to surfaces such as this which have not been thoroughly treated?

I go to a great dentist who cares very much about limiting transmission of disease.

This is important.

image.png.e5cf8a7706fbc25bc890d5313dc5c431.png

There is no real necessity to have a massage or a pedicure.

Better to just avoid potential pathways for disease if this can be avoided.

One can save money, as well, by avoiding massage and pedicure and haircuts at a shop.

Well one could argue that there might not be a need to have a massage, however for those of us that are susceptible to ingrown toenails not having a pedicure is not only poorly advised, it can be downright dangerous and very painful. Fortunately my woman learned how to do a pedicure, she does an excellent job, we have all the correct instruments, and the conditions are very sanitary. The women who used to give me a pedicure rarely did a good job, I often times ended up with my the skin on my large toes bleeding, and that would often lead to an infection. 

10 hours ago, save the frogs said:

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand. 

Dont tell me you think Kurt Vonnegut was over-rated?

How about just paying someone to rub your temples? No massage table needed. You're not afraid of catching herpes like that, are you?

Someday, soon, you and I will be having tea with Vonnegut on planet Saturn or the moon Titan.

On 8/8/2024 at 8:33 AM, save the frogs said:

that's completely ridiculous.

massage is one of the best perks about being in thailand.

they are great massages and 10 times cheaper than back home. 

There you got it: cheaper...

thats where you get skin problems included.

In the not cheap places you get a fresh sheet on the table.

• Agree 1

On 8/8/2024 at 9:12 PM, Lacessit said:

It's not high end at 150 baht/hour. I tip 50 baht. The lady owner ( 60 yo ) simply runs a tight ship. She gets other women in as well, takes one-third of what they earn in return for providing the facilities. They are all mid forties to mid-fifties.

No happy ending, my GF does that.

"No happy ending, my GF does that".

What? Your girl friend(?) gives happy endings? Really? Gosh...😳

On 8/6/2024 at 2:57 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

go to a great dentist who cares very much about limiting transmission of disease.

One of those scammers that charge a sanitizing fee (to farang) no doubt 😆

On 8/7/2024 at 2:51 PM, FritsSikkink said:

Go to a proper place and not some dive just because it is cheaper.

I must be old I remember when you could get a haircut in both locations a bath and oral happy at patpong.  The business is still there but I more haircut.

Prices are a little higher also

On 8/10/2024 at 7:49 AM, proton said:

would not have one for free, don't want some tart rubbing her hands all over me thanks very much, then trying to get me hard so she can get a tip for a <deleted> job. Filthy establishments.

I suspect that you are married to a high sot Thai lady and that you spend a lot of time shopping in Siam Paragon. Is this correct?

24 minutes ago, advancebooking said:

I suspect that you are married to a high sot Thai lady and that you spend a lot of time shopping in Siam Paragon. Is this correct?

Why would you think that? not everyone is interested in a massage, those chairs are OK in Central and they only cost from 20 baht! Last massage I had in 2009 nearly crippled me, too many of them appear not to be properly trained. 250 baht an hour, that buys 4 cans of cheers extra and a bag of crisps.

On 8/7/2024 at 2:51 PM, FritsSikkink said:

Go to a proper place and not some dive just because it is cheaper.

Common sense.   don't lay on a table with a vinyl/plastic covering .......clean sheet/towels a must

oh..   and by the way   getting a staph infection ...

What are the most common infectious bacteria in hospitals?
MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus): MRSA is one of the most common HAIs. It's a staph infection that's resistant to certain antibiotics like penicillin, amoxicillin and methicillin. Staph bacteria can spread from person to person. They can also spread on objects, such as towels, clothing, door handles, athletic equipment, and remotes.

• 2 weeks later...