Wise transfers!

No miracle, it is just a simple money transfer. Sometime they transfer quick, sometimes they do not. I think wise people are busy all over the world so must make time for your transfer in their queue.

Edited by freeworld
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, freeworld said:

No miracle, it is just a simple money transfer. Sometime they transfer quick, sometimes they do not. I think wise people are busy all over the world so must make time for your transfer in their queue.

Are you suggesting that EVERY Wise transfer has some human intervention? I think not, as some are instant. If you click 'for long time stay in Thailand'then, in my experience, one extra day.

This is Wise UK to Bkk Bank, THB to THB as I convert in advance when the rate is good.

In most cases, I think it is the fault of the local bank. 

I believe Wise relies on increasing business based on their policy of "seconds" for transfers, and in most cases, it really does take seconds!

I have experienced the odd case of the local bank delaying (larger) transfers when the exchange rate is volatile on that day, and other anomalies.

• Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Was it to Bangkok Bank? 

Thanks for the comments little problems in the past but nothing major at time the reasoning given I find suspect not saying Wise is stealing but we are dealing in cyberspace something goes wrong I can walk to their HQ and resolve or file a complaint as if Im back home.

Since using the system I've pretty much know their habitd. If I keep things below a certain amount I can get transfer within seconds into my Thai bank before the request is even made to my bank in U.S. there has been times small problem contacting them email the excuse didnt hold up to water just wasnt the case. Times they say it is my bank not sending in time etc, 

In all my transfer Ive never got or seen a message of such a long delayed as noted Ive done much larger ones than this 2 days then they giving me updates time frame that wasnt kept.

Nevertheless. Everything has worked out Wise has been good overall. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, CanadaSam said:

I have experienced the odd case of the local bank delaying (larger) transfers when the exchange rate is volatile on that day, and other anomalies.

Does the exchange rate affect the receiving bank? It is Wise who do the conversion.

29 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Does the exchange rate affect the receiving bank? It is Wise who do the conversion.

The conversion rate is fixed the moment the customer selects 'confirmed'. The local agent operates in THB and issues the appropriate amount to the customer's bank in that currency. Nothing changes once the amount has been accepted by the customer.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Once again I refer Wise customers to their Q2 Mission Update blog. Read the righthand panel and then click/tap the 'Learn More'

If you all did that there should be no more of these dreary repeats of the same topic.

https://wise.com/campaign/mission-update-q224

I thought I responded here but notice I did other today Asean base on same topic.

Video provided s lot dif touch on Wise having problems with Thai banks but not clear why.

Remarks banks like Bangkok processing transfer at at particular time in this particular case my large transfer this time took two days after it was confirmed  they held the funds August 2nd. I got confirmation from BB 6th after two .

If this is BB procedure why some and not all. If I transact small amount it is confirmed with seconds money is in BB bank go within minutes to withdraw from ATM.s.

As noted exchange rate is set has nothing to do woth BB, so why some not other. They want to hold till next day no problem to post no problem but concerns whatever the procedure it isnt consistent reason for the questions and  concerns.

Not everyone is going to see and read everything asking question is how one learn.

One thing future currency is cashless and getting a Wise card the solution but read some print not available in U.S.?

• Confused 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/6/2024 at 2:00 PM, thailand49 said:

My apologise but I did try researching looking for tab on past topic on Wise.

I use Wise and depend on them maybe too much time to rethink for years up to now never had a problem even when I've done unusual large transfer two or three days tops.

I made a larger transfer not larger as previous on 30th of July, within their limits told " longer wait than usual August 5th. I tracked the transaction on 2nd, told Wise had received my funds Monday 5th should be in my Thai Bangkok Bank, 5th get update Wise my bank has the money but no message of update to my balance reflecting deposit from BBank nightly which is normal.

I try contacting Wise several times message heavy volume of calls try again. Getting impatience and antsy should I make a call to my lawyer? 

Has others having same problems?

Update! Is it a miracle!  As soon as I push submit the post GOT a message Bangkok Bank has completed my transfer! Damn!:cheesy:

It's great that it came through eventually however the point is wise are all over the place and are not very support friendly or contactable or return of course there's no problem unless you push them out of their comfort zone of monkey see monkey do they are quite annoying actually anyway on this saga did you get to the bottom of it why it changed why it took so long besides overworked and underpaid of course which always annoys me because if they're making so much money go and rent some more staff,  Thanks all For contributing