The Tim Walz thread.

On 8/7/2024 at 12:34 AM, susanlea said:

Walz is a felon too

"Sept. 23, 1995, when Walz was working as a teacher in his home state of Nebraska, he was pulled over for going 96 mph in a 55-mph zone"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/five-controversies-surrounding-vice-presidential-nominee-tim-walz-from-dui-covid-fraud

555 yes, this charge 29 years ago and the four citizen Grand Jury indictments handed down charging Donald J. Trump, past President of the USA are the same thing …

On 8/6/2024 at 8:17 PM, Cryingdick said:

Who is Tim Walz? What is his record? What is your take on it?

He was an NCO with courage and bravery never shown before. As a military journalist, with pen and notebook in hand, he fearlessly took down notes.

Commended for penmanship
Decorated for keeping his notes in the correct files
TWO Achievement Medals for typing the fastest
Commendation medal for not running out of Tipp-Ex 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/7/2024 at 5:33 AM, Tug said:

Im watching the rally now packed to the rafters absolutely packed to the gills the camera regularly pans 360% this walz guy is a stand up guy first gov and state to protect women’s rights to choose ranking dem on vets affairs 20 yr service military governor made sure every school kid had access to food theres a lot to unpack with him.the energy in the room is POSITIVE and ELECTRIC!

Yes, they have a right to be running scared. But then, we need to be mindful of wounded beasts backed into a corner come elections …

• Haha 2

On 8/7/2024 at 6:13 AM, Tug said:

Gun control health care cost of education freedom of choice keeping the government out of your business there’s more and it will be fleshed out in the days to be sure

See, see … we told you! The country will be turned communist (Trump’s actual words) if these Democrats support programs directly benefitting the working middle class Americans. Radical … all of them …

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

He was an NCO with courage and bravery never shown before. As a military journalist, with pen and notebook in hand, he fearlessly took down notes.

Commended for penmanship
Decorated for keeping his notes in the correct files
TWO Achievement Medals for typing the fastest
Commendation medal for not running out of Tipp-Ex 

Is that from your Russian handbook...?  😏

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

4 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Yes, they have a right to be running scared. But then, we need to be mindful of wounded beasts backed into a corner come elections …

I thought his ear was all healed up.........:unsure:

23 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I'm surprised but very excited about Harris's pick of Tim Waltz as her VP. The more I hear about and from him, the more I like him.  I'll defintiely be voting for them.

You like tampons for boys policies. Interesting.

1 hour ago, ChicagoExpat said:

Oh Charlie the America hater hasn't heard of someone!  That is truly the standard for when someone is a "somebody" or a "nobody."

Tim was a nobody before. Now known as weird who lets cities burn.

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

This......

The Democrats’ immigration bill, known as the U.S. Citizenship Act of 2021, aimed to achieve several key objectives. Although it was not passed due to Republican opposition, the bill proposed comprehensive reforms to the U.S. immigration system. Here are the primary goals and provisions of the bill:

1. Pathway to Citizenship:

• The bill would have provided an eight-year pathway to citizenship for approximately 11 million undocumented immigrants. Individuals would have been eligible for temporary legal status for five years, after which they could apply for a green card. After holding a green card for three years, they could apply for citizenship.

2. DACA and Other Programs:

• Recipients of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, Temporary Protected Status (TPS) holders, and certain immigrant farmworkers would have been eligible for green cards immediately, bypassing the five-year temporary status period.

3. Family-Based Immigration:

• The bill aimed to clear the family-based immigration backlog, reduce wait times for family-sponsored visas, and eliminate the three- and ten-year bars that penalize undocumented immigrants who leave the country and then try to return.

4. Employment-Based Immigration:

• The legislation proposed to reduce employment-based visa backlogs, make it easier for graduates of U.S. universities with advanced STEM degrees to stay in the U.S., and eliminate per-country visa caps.

5. Border Security and Enforcement:

• The bill sought to address border security through the use of technology rather than physical barriers. It proposed investments in screening technologies at ports of entry and provided funding for the improvement of infrastructure at the border.

• It also aimed to manage the border humanely and prioritize the use of alternatives to detention.

6. Addressing Root Causes of Migration:

• The bill included provisions to address the root causes of migration from Central America by providing aid to countries in the region to improve conditions, thus reducing the need for people to migrate.

7. Protections for Workers:

• It aimed to protect workers from exploitation and improve the labor rights of immigrant workers, ensuring that they are not subject to unfair treatment.

8. Diversity Visa Program:

• The legislation proposed an increase in the number of Diversity Visas from 55,000 to 80,000 per year, promoting a more diverse immigrant population.

In summary, if the Democrats’ immigration bill had not been blocked by Republicans, it would have resulted in a significant overhaul of the U.S. immigration system, providing a pathway to citizenship for millions of undocumented immigrants, addressing visa backlogs, enhancing border security with modern technology, and promoting humane treatment of migrants and asylum seekers.

So nothing about slowing down the flood, and it looks like getting them to vote is job one...

Just now, Yellowtail said:

So nothing about slowing down the flood, and it looks like getting them to vote is job one...

....voting is not issue.....their votes are ready registered on the Dominican voting machines......saves time.

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

....voting is not issue.....their votes are ready registered on the Dominican voting machines......saves time.

Chinese ones - friends with Tim. 

49 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Welcome. The Democrats Abroad sent out encouragement for all of us to make sure we are registered to receive our ballots. I am fortunate in being in Chiang Mai where our Consulate will put ballots in the Diplomatic Pouch for safe transport to the USA.

I'm registered in California. I just checked yesterday, and they will send me my ballot by email. I do have to return the paper ballot by regular mail, but I'll go down to the post office in Phetchabun and send it the fastest way possible. I've voted that way before. You're fortunate to be able to put it into a Diplomatic Pouch. 

Edited by WDSmart
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

I'm registered in California. I just checked yesterday, and they will send me my ballot by email. I do have to return the paper ballot by regular mail, but I'll go down to the post office in Phetchabun and send it the fastest way possible. I've voted that way before. You're fortunate to be able to put it into a Diplomatic Pouch. 

Be sure to forward it to all your friends 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:
11 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Be sure to forward it to all your friends 

I didn't know I could do that. I do know the ballot has to be returned to the jurisdiction that sent it, so I doubt if anyone else, even if they were registered in CA, could use a copy of the one they sent me. I'll check on that, though. Thanks.

47 minutes ago, susanlea said:

You like tampons for boys policies. Interesting.

What's wrong with ensuring that free tampons are available in schools?  Can't a boy get one for his girl friend if she needs one?  Making a "culture" issue out of this is ridiculous, but also, thankfully, counter-productive.  Good for Tampon Tim 👏

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

What's wrong with ensuring that free tampons are available in schools?  Can't a boy get one for his girl friend if she needs one?  Making a "culture" issue out of this is ridiculous, but also, thankfully, counter-productive.  Good for Tampon Tim 👏

Weird

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I didn't know I could do that. I do know the ballot has to be returned to the jurisdiction that sent it, so I doubt if anyone else, even if they were registered in CA, could use a copy of the one they sent me. I'll check on that, though. Thanks.

Vote Trump given you like Thailand.

5 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

The issue is putting them in boy's rooms, but knew that, yes? 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Vote Trump given you like Thailand.

Oh, no! I'll be voting AGAINST Trump. I'd vote for anyone who runs against him.

I like some parts of Thailand, but, of course, I'm not a citizen. I'm retired and don't have to worry about an income. I like living in the mountains here, playing golf twice a week, and taking care of the gardens and orchards around by house. 

• Like 1