The Looming Clash: Harris and Trump on the Precipice of a Historic Debate

Social Media

7 hours ago, simple1 said:

Your link confirmed Harris was not the "Border Czar' no matter how much MAGA wishes to spin their nonsense. Border Czar was a term used by media, but not her actual function. Harris was did not have ownership of Border or Immigration policy; to repeat she was responsible for trying to address the push factions (root causes) in three Central American countries. To quote...

Axios' Shawna Chen confirmed Kamala Harris had been appointed Biden's ‘Border Czar’ writing: Harris, appointed by Biden as border czar, said she would be looking at the ‘root causes’ that drive migration."

BS  read it all.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2024 at 9:18 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

Biden has been delivering for all America.

But then of course his win wasn’t a ‘narrow victory’.

And don't forget, Trump was more than 3 Million votes behind Hillary Clinton. The Reps are ashamed to talk about this idiotic regulation and shy to change it.

If this happens again - Trump winning with lesser votes than Kamala Harris -, then the USA is for me the LoS = Land of Stupids. Democratic rule is: the winner is the person with the majority opf the votes and not presidential electors.

• Agree 2

Good! I'll be watching this closely. I expect Trump will make a fool of himself (that's not difficult for him) and tell a lot of lies, which will be revealed by the news media after researching them.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, riclag said:

What country you from ? 

The USA isnt ruled  by democratic ,

Its a constitutional republic! Its worked for almost 250 years !

The far left want to change over 200 years of precedence,radically change 

the make up of the Supreme Court

Change the electoral college

Censor free speech, and ban guns while elite have bodyguards with guns.

Umm.  What country are you from?  It's not the 'far left' that wants to 'change the electoral college'.   Instead, it's The National Popular Vote Interstate Compact.  Instead of the 'far left', it's 17 states that have voted to award their electoral college votes to the winner of the popular vote. 

The Compact would go into effect once enough states ratify it to reach 270 electoral votes.  Currently, enough states have signed on to have the tally at 205, with legislation pending in several other states.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

On 8/10/2024 at 12:07 PM, nobodysfriend said:

Extremist left , extremist right . left leaning , right leaning , center left , center right .

May be meet in the middle ?

The problem with the ' democratic system ' is , when one party manages to win elections with just a narrow margin , the other ( about ) half of voters wont feel themselves represented by the winning party .

That can be a lot of people ... Shouldn't they have their say as well in a newly formed government ?

For peace's sake ... Like that , only coalitions formed between the biggest participating parties would be truly democratic ...

And , I think the POTUS in the present system gets too much power to decide about critical events , alone .

May be , in the future , AI that considers the all the far reaching consequences of a POTUS's actions , can serve as a counseling control instance before too much damage is done ...?

Ok , there is the impeachment process ... but before really impeached , a POTUS gone crazy can inflict a whole lot of damage ...

I do not trust Trump .

He is a liar .

IMO democracy as it is does not work. I'd abolish all political parties, and have people vote for individuals. Any laws would be passed by a majority of votes of individuals, as groups would be banned.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/10/2024 at 5:49 AM, thaipo7 said:

So easy to see the Left Leaning author of the article.   

thats obvious in everything posted. i wondered if they were written by the OP or are copy n paste MSM articles. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, nauseus said:

BS  read it all.

I have read about Harris's role. It is been confirmed multiple times she was only personally responsible for managing push factors in three Northern Central countries. All the claims she was actually responsible for Border Control and Immigration are lies and misinformation from trump, as usual echoed by MAGA world without factchecking. Accordingly yet again I'll post the factchecked claims and clarification ...

https://www.factcheck.org/2024/08/trump-tv-ad-repeats-false-border-czar-illegal-immigration-claims/

Harris is tasked with overseeing diplomatic efforts to deal with issues spurring migration in the Northern Triangle countries of El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras, as well as pressing them to strengthen enforcement on their own borders, administration officials said. She’s also tasked with developing and implementing a long-term strategy that gets at the root causes of migration from those countries.

https://apnews.com/general-news-3400f56255e000547d1ca3ce1aa6b8e9

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/11/2024 at 11:59 AM, simple1 said:

Your link confirmed Harris was not the "Border Czar' no matter how much MAGA wishes to spin their nonsense. Border Czar was a term used by media, but not her actual function. Harris was did not have ownership of Border or Immigration policy; to repeat she was responsible for trying to address the push factions (root causes) in three Central American countries. To quote...

Axios' Shawna Chen confirmed Kamala Harris had been appointed Biden's ‘Border Czar’ writing: Harris, appointed by Biden as border czar, said she would be looking at the ‘root causes’ that drive migration."

Fair enough then, call it just a term, an expression.

But whatever her job was called, she failed in it miserably. 

https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/4813704-kamala-harris-border-czar-denial/

https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-resolution/1371/text#:~:text=H.Res.1371-,H.,secure the United States border.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

@thaibeachlovers + @riclag

I laugh about your comments, because you are not able to look over the edge of your small table. I will not relode your last comments to improve it, but ....

it's not about if a counry has a democratic or consitutional constitution. I depends on the laws and how it is raigned. It also doesn't depend on how old a constitution is, but how it is transfered by the people of a state.

To compare your home country with my home country:

• in the US the winner of a (election)constituency is a representative in the Congress. it doesn't depend on how many  votes the person has gained. Don't forget, how the electoral constituencies are manipulated in some areas of (big) cities. All this has the result, that a president can be elected with the minority of the votes - Trump in 2016 by a MINUS of 3 million! A laughable, an idiotic result of a unmodern (US) "200 years old constitution" - your words.
  • In my home country there is a mixture in the election laws for the Genertal German Election of the BUNDESTAG. Every voter has 2 Votes. The first is for the person to be elected. The second vote is for a appoved party. This could mean i.e. in the USA: in the first vote you are able NOT to chose Trump, but with the 2nd. vote you can vote for the REPs.
    • One half  of the Bundstag represents every person, elected in their constituency.
    • The other half of the representatives gets its seats in the parliament depending on the party results (at least 5%). 
  • To symplify it a little bit: I f the 2nd. vote gives a party more members in the parliament than the results of the 1rst. vote than all affected parties receive a compensation of the votes. Relevant rule is: all adjustments must reflect the percentage of the 2nd. vote result. The second vote thereby is the most dominant result in the election. The Party with most votes has the right to nominate the chancelor.
Edited by puck2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Again lies and misinformation from trump world. Harris did not fail in her brief. Migrant flow from the three countries she had responsibility actually dropped. On the downside immigrant / asylum seekers increased from other countries outside of her remit.

The data at this point indicate that the Biden administration has made progress in reducing the number of migrants arriving at the US border from Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador to levels last seen toward the end of the Trump administration, even as increased migration from other countries has contributed to a high level of overall encounters at the border.

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/new-atlanticist/what-kamala-harriss-record-in-central-america-and-the-caribbean-reveals-about-her-foreign-policy-approach/

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, simple1 said:

Again lies and misinformation from trump world. Harris did not fail in her brief. Migrant flow from the three countries she had responsibility actually dropped. On the downside immigrant / asylum seekers increased from other countries outside of her remit.

The data at this point indicate that the Biden administration has made progress in reducing the number of migrants arriving at the US border from Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador to levels last seen toward the end of the Trump administration, even as increased migration from other countries has contributed to a high level of overall encounters at the border.

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/new-atlanticist/what-kamala-harriss-record-in-central-america-and-the-caribbean-reveals-about-her-foreign-policy-approach/

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Don't like it, change the constitution. You do know about the constitution, don't you?

The electoral college was set up to stop states with small populations being overwhelmed by the populous states. Definitely valid today.

People from other countries dont understand, they ‘re opinions on the rules of the constitution , are irrelevant!

states rule independently from the government!

The Supreme Court interprets the Constitution!

Elections are run by the state.

Electoral college are delegates of each state.

Legislature on abortion was given back to the states& the republic , after being ruled erroneously.

To change the rules you need the states.!

The Constitution rules the government !
The founders were smart to make it this way , to change the rules , the Republic gets involved , by voting an amendment!

“The amendment process is very difficult and time consuming: A proposed amendment must be passed by two-thirds of both houses of Congress, then ratified by the legislatures of three-fourths of the states. 

A constitutional republic is a state where the chief executive and representatives are elected, and the rules are set down in a written constitution.

https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_republic#:~:text=A constitutional republic is a,down in a written constitution.

https://www.trumanlibrary.gov/education/three-branches/amendment-process#:~:text=The amendment process is very,state legislatures in the 1980s.

Edited by riclag
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, frank83628 said:

thats obvious in everything posted. i wondered if they were written by the OP or are copy n paste MSM articles. 

You two read in between the lines to much

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, riclag said:

You two read in between the lines to much

to be honest i don't normally get to the end of the post as it bores me to tears with its libtard derangement, however the last one i did and it quoted WoPo. i just looked at this one and its a repost from CNN, makes sense now, i know for future, not to pay too much attention.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1