Trump is getting torched in the polls

FriscoKid

15 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I know.

Believe me, I know.

And, this is my point.

It's already too late to alter our collective path to 5 degrees C about baseline within, and before, 2080.

Positive Feedback loops are already kicking in; They will be unstoppable.

Therefore, it will be best for me, and best for you, too, just to follow Project 2025.

I will...

And...

Maybe it's time for you, too, to get on board, and get with the program!

Your post really reminds me of the old classic, " I'm all right , Jack".

You know damn well we will both be dead long before it gets really uncomfortable, for everyone except billionaires.

Here you go, then.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I was merely providing constructive criticism, and nothing more.

I understand that those suffering from modern-American biases will not be able to accept this criticism, since it is a threat to their warped reality.

And, we know that it is impossible to resort to logic in order to change beliefs and views.

Therefore, it is pointless to try.

I am just providing you with a bit of reality, from a more real perspective, as you seem to have requested it.

Gaslighting, more likely.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

This is called evolving, something older people have trouble with.

The problem is, and it's very clear, the present-day humans of your age are evolving your way towards final and utter EXTINCTION.

This is actually TRUE.

So, enjoy your Tik-Tok lives of no substance, while ye may.

The presidential candidates we have, this year, are just as vapid as our younger generation.

They suit each other, fine.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:
2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

So, you are happy to be on the losing side.....

Please be clear:

You and I are on the SAME SIDE.

And, as the World can see...

You and I are on the Losing Side, too.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

You know damn well we will both be dead long before it gets really uncomfortable, for everyone except billionaires.

You only presume that you know this.

In fact neither you nor I know this.

More likely, as we can already see, global warming will continue to speed-up, as more and more tipping points and positive-feedback loops continue to kick in.

You only THINK you know.

But, you do not know.

And, you are not a climate scientist.

You should do more research into tipping points, in fact, if you want to see a clearer view.

7 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

More likely, as we can already see, global warming will continue to speed-up, as more and more tipping points and positive-feedback loops continue to kick in.

You only THINK you know.

But, you do not know.

You should do more research into tipping points, in fact, if you want to see a clearer view.

I am fully aware of the concept of tipping points, having read a short story by Friedrich Schiller when I was a kid. The story introduced the concept of the butterfly effect, over 200 years ago.

If I mention tipping points as part of climate change, I get drowned out by a wailing Goethian Dies Irae chorus of deniers, calling me an alarmist.

To me, the tipping points are albedo and clathrates. What's yours?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Grusa said:

All I know is, if Trump wins, it was free an fair election.

If he does not, it was a rigged, stolen election, and it will have consequences.

So, you don't think those peaceful MAGA folks will be at polling booths and counting rooms, attempting to intimidate voters and electoral officials.

Just how deluded are you?

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

You only THINK you know.

But, you do not know.

So you will vote for the candidate who argues that Climate Change isn't real.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Your post really reminds me of the old classic, " I'm all right , Jack".

Here you go, then.

Loved Terry Thomas....555

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

The problem is, and it's very clear, the present-day humans of your age are evolving your way towards final and utter EXTINCTION.

This is actually TRUE.

So, enjoy your Tik-Tok lives of no substance, while ye may.

The presidential candidates we have, this year, are just as vapid as our younger generation.

They suit each other, fine.

No, the problem is you assume you are the Grand Whazir of knowledge, the keeper of truth.

I'm closing in on 70, and can't STAND TikTok though I am aware enough to know it's one word.

If you take the time to look at ALL the responses to your comments, you can either face reality or believe we're all wrong. Show us that rigot mortis hasn't taken a total set in your cranium.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I am fully aware of the concept of tipping points, having read a short story by Friedrich Schiller when I was a kid. The story introduced the concept of the butterfly effect, over 200 years ago.

If I mention tipping points as part of climate change, I get drowned out by a wailing Goethian Dies Irae chorus of deniers, calling me an alarmist.

To me, the tipping points are albedo and clathrates. What's yours?

Being banned from TV.

If I should, one day, be banned from TV, then....

For me....

Next stop:  OBLIVION

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

So you will vote for the candidate who argues that Climate Change isn't real.

You REALLY need to distinguish between an argument and belief:

a.  Trump knows that Climate Change (We should call it for what it is, which is Global Warming.) is real.  He is not as stupid as you might imagine.

b. Trump knows that Global Warming is real.  He knows the cause of Global Warming.  Do not be mislead.

c.  However, Trump also realizes, just as do I, that there is no longer any reasonable prospect to change the path we are on.  

d.  At least, Trump is honest, while Harris is just pandering to people like you, who believe that there is something that can be done to change the path we are on.

e.  There are many scientists, NO MOST SCIENTISTS, who, like Trump, realize that no matter what we do....We are headed for 5 degrees C above baseline, within the next several decades.

f.  If you do not believe this, then just read the guy who has been doing some of the most well-respected research on Tipping Points:

image.png.4b76abf103bc7de430342189984605ae.png

image.png.bedf2ca46214c4e7daaa90d751e27030.png

image.png.748806d9d1ab02c918a5cce4f7428a86.png

https://geography.exeter.ac.uk/people/profile/?web_id=timothy_lenton

g.  Trump is not stupid, even though he made some stupid statements about "Internal Cleansing with Bleach or something" when discussing what to do about Covid...haha... I guess you recall that awful gaff.

Trump knows what's what.  And, he has chosen to continue on the path that I would also follow.  We know that we are doomed, and so why vote for Harris, who might be considered, together with Biden, the two most blatant scammers in this travesty of a presidential race in 2024.

Therefore, I agree with Trump:  Let's pull up the drawbridges, and do our best to keep America afloat, for as long as possible, and hopefully until a few days after I kick the bucket and head to the big W in the sky.

h.  If you want to know more about Tipping Points and Global Warming, and impending unalterable risks, then you can begin by watching this video, and then many others.  Do not forget that MOST scientists are now in Trump's Camp, although they will not admit this to you.

I am with Trump....

All the way.

I do not want to see America take a nose dive with Harris, especially at this late date, before I die.

Nobody heeded the warning signs when the data first became clear, in the early 1960s.

So whose fault is that?

9 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

a.  Trump knows that Climate Change (We should call it for what it is, which is Global Warming.) is real.  He is not as stupid as you might imagine.

b. Trump knows that Global Warming is real.  He knows the cause of Global Warming.  Do not be mislead.

c.  However, Trump also realizes, just as do I, that there is no longer any reasonable prospect to change the path we are on.  

d.  At least, Trump is honest, while Harris is just pandering to people like you, who believe that there is something that can be done to change the path we are on.

e.  There are many scientists, NO MOST SCIENTISTS, who, like Trump, realize that no matter what we do....We are headed for 5 degrees C above baseline, within the next several decades.

f.  If you do not believe this, then just read the guy who has been doing some of the most well-respected research on Tipping Points:

g.  Trump is not stupid, even though he made some stupid statements about "Internal Cleansing with Bleach or something" when discussing what to do about Covid...haha... I guess you recall that awful gaff.

Trump knows what's what.  And, he has chosen to continue on the path that I would also follow.  We know that we are doomed, and so why vote for Harris, who might be considered, together with Biden, the two most blatant scammers in this travesty of a presidential race in 2024.

Therefore, I agree with Trump:  Let's pull up the drawbridges, and do our best to keep America afloat, for as long as possible, and hopefully until a few days after I kick the bucket and head to the big W in the sky.

h.  If you want to know more about Tipping Points and Global Warming, and impending unalterable risks, then you can begin by watching this video, and then many others.  Do not forget that MOST scientists are now in Trump's Camp, although they will not admit this to you.

I am with Trump....

All the way.

I do not want to see America take a nose dive with Harris, especially at this late date, before I die.

Nobody heeded the warning signs when the data first became clear, in the early 1960s.

So whose fault is that?

GW isnt a big problem for 200 years. I just used Musk figures.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I am with Trump....

All the way.

So whose fault is that?

Would you kindly post a map which shows what happens to Australia, instead of cherry-picking a small island off the coast of Europe.

I suppose every cloud has a silver lining, the Aussies and Kiwis won't need to feed the Brits anymore.

Then post a map of what happens to Asia, when the water from the Tibetan Plateau becomes a trickle.

Edited by Lacessit

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

IMO there are plenty of venomous posters who reinstate themselves after banning. I know how they do it, but I won't mention it here.

We simply open a new account. Wheres the big bloody secret? I have had at least 10 different user names over the years.  

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I wouldn't worry too much about that. IMO there are plenty of venomous posters who reinstate themselves after banning. I know how they do it, but I won't mention it here.

Are you saying I am nothing more than....

An old snake in the grass?

I doubt it, because I know that you know that I am not.

In fact, I FEEL for everyone born into this time in which we find ourselves.

Sometimes, knowing what I know causes me to become a bit frustrated that there are still so many that deny reality, which should be so easily seen by so many, even though it is not.

Do you expect me to feel sympathy for greedy people who intentionally pursue the wrong path in life, such as The Koch Brothers?

No!

I feel no sympathy for these Brothers K.

Nay, I say!

There are now just so many being led down the garden path.

I feel great empathy for them, instead.

29 minutes ago, susanlea said:

GW isnt a big problem for 200 years. I just used Musk figures.

Haha...

Musk is a genius.

But, still, he is way out of touch with REALITY....

As, I am sure, even you do know.

Just now, GammaGlobulin said:

Haha...

Musk is a genius.

But, still, he is way out of touch with REALITY....

As, I am sure, even you do know.

I won't be alive in 50 years. I don't care what happens after that. Thai temps have hardly changed in 64 years.

29 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Would you kindly post a map which shows what happens to Australia, instead of cherry-picking a small island off the coast of Europe.

I suppose every cloud has a silver lining, the Aussies and Kiwis won't need to feed the Brits anymore.

Then post a map of what happens to Asia, when the water from the Tibetan Plateau becomes a trickle.

Funny you should mention the water from the Tibetan Plateau becoming a trickle.

IF you check the fairly recent research...THEN ....you will KNOW...that this turned out to be a ....

FALSE CLAIM, Sir!

NO!

The melting of the glaciers will not happen as soon as was predicted in that FALSE report, which I now see that you read, and believed, without checking the facts.

So, I am happy for you that you need not worry about this small point....AT  LEAST!!!!

49 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I am with Trump....

All the way.

So whose fault is that?

U.S. President Donald Trump, who once described climate change as a "hoax", has said he will take the United States out of the 2015 Paris Agreement to combat climate change and support greater use of declining fossil fuels such as coal.