Heroic Security Guard Stops Leicester Square Knife Attack: Two Injured in Horrific Incident

Social Media

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Just for clarification for the slow people who need everything explained to them .

People who disarm knife attackers are hero's and brave and other people that point out that 7/11 cashiers didn't scan their hamburger are NOT brave or heroes and don't deserve any recognition 

Hope that's clear now

Says guy slow to recognize obvious bravery.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, proton said:

To be fair if he is a muslim they should make the most of it, not often they are heroes is it, usually they are at the other end of the spectrum: from wikepedia-

According to Fondapol, a French think tank, between 1979 and May 2021, at least 48,035 Islamist terrorist attacks took place worldwide, causing the deaths of at least 210,138 people. During this period, each Islamist attack resulted in the death of about 4.4 persons on average.

To be fair!

Conversation would be censored , shut down and people  would be held 

criminally responsible!

imop

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, proton said:

not often they are heroes is it, usually they are at the other end of the spectrum:

Why do you say Muslims are usually at the other end of the spectrum? They are victims too. Do you read your own links? Just a few paragraphs later it states:

We also show that the majority of Islamist attacks were in Muslim countries and that the victims were mainly Muslims.

It also states that 39% of worldwide terror deaths are due to Islamic fundamentalism. So no one is denying it's a horrific problem, but it's an extremist problem. I would suggest that the majority of terror deaths that are not due to Islam - the other 61% - are as equally horrific.

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Pickwick said:

Why do you say Muslims are usually at the other end of the spectrum? They are victims too. Do you read your own links? Just a few paragraphs later it states:

We also show that the majority of Islamist attacks were in Muslim countries and that the victims were mainly Muslims.

It also states that 39% of worldwide terror deaths are due to Islamic fundamentalism. So no one is denying it's a horrific problem, but it's an extremist problem. I would suggest that the majority of terror deaths that are not due to Islam - the other 61% - are as equally horrific.

So you are saying some victims are worth less than others? if they are other muslims it's some how less horrible?

• Confused 3

20 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Leave it Chomp he is just a MAGA troll 

I am from the UK commenting on a story from the UK .

What does the USA have to do with it ?

Two different Countries and this story isn't connected to MAGA  at all in the slightest 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, proton said:

So you are saying some victims are worth less than others? if they are other muslims it's some how less horrible?

Yep - he made a strange post  Reread it determined he was just spinning to make a point but failed miserably.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Is it true?  

Is it at all relevant?

Young man with an Islamic name performs stunning act of selfless bravery.

Bigot responds with ‘oh but look at all these Muslims who’ve done terrible things’.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I am from the UK commenting on a story from the UK .

What does the USA have to do with it ?

Two different Countries and this story isn't connected to MAGA  at all in the slightest 

It’s not connected to Islamist terrorism either, but it doesn’t stop some bringing it up, and I don’t see you complaining about that?!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, proton said:

Then hangs around for an interview while nobody else is talked to, instead of being taken to the police station for a statement? Sounds rather far fetched, cctv will as usual show the truth.

Why should he be taken to a police station, he hasn’t broken the law?

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, proton said:

No, I am not saying that at all - you are making stuff up. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Is it at all relevant?

Young man with an Islamic name performs stunning act of selfless bravery.

Bigot responds with ‘oh but look at all these Muslims who’ve done terrible things’.

Hmm, is it true? You seem to be a bigot.  Just saying...

Met many wonderful Muslims and even had dinner with a group of Muslims in their hotel room as 9/11 was happening on the TV.  Didn't change my view of them but ignoring reality is dangerous.  Just try accepting the truth and basing your arguments on reality.

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Hmm, is it true? You seem to be a bigot.  Just saying...

Met many wonderful Muslims and even had dinner with a group of Muslims in their hotel room as 9/11 was happening on the TV.  Didn't change my view of them but ignoring reality is dangerous.  Just try accepting the truth and basing your arguments on reality.

Oh, the ‘some of my friends are Muslims’ credentials are on display.

Be careful, there’s a fella frequents this forum who, if he reads that post, will never let hear the end of it.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s not connected to Islamist terrorism either, but it doesn’t stop some bringing it up, and I don’t see you complaining about that?!

Because I, I was accused of being MAGA .

That is what I replied to . 

When there was recent terror attack in London and a Millwall supporter fought off the terrorists , I dont recall many posters telling me that all Millwall supporters are really nice and I was mistaken about them being violent thugs .

*See ,All Millwall supporters are really nice guys*

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

We're veering off topic, but my god....are there really people who still  haven't noticed the incredibly high number of Islamist terror attacks against civilians in the West over the past 25 years? 

We're doomed if people like you and Chomper continue to bury their heads in the sand. 

I'm not sure how saying we have a horrific problem with Islamic terrorism is burying my head in the sand? Did you overlook that part of my post, or did it not suit your hyperbolic reply?

That many Muslims also have a problem with Islamic terrorism because it is extremist in nature really isn't a difficult, inaccurate or controversial thing to say. Unless you think all Muslims are extremist terrorists, of course  - which clearly some on here do.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

When there was recent terror attack in London and a Millwall supporter fought off the terrorists , I dont recall many posters telling me that all Millwall supporters are really nice and I was mistaken about them being violent thugs .

*See ,All Millwall supporters are really nice guys*

If you are trying to draw an analogy between Millwall supporters and Muslims, I'd suggest the following:

The overwhelming majority of Millwall supporters are decent, law abiding individuals. A few are thugs and a few are heroes. 

You can replace 'Millwall' with 'Muslim' in the last paragraph.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RayC said:

If you are trying to draw an analogy between Millwall supporters and Muslims, I'd suggest the following:

The overwhelming majority of Millwall supporters are decent, law abiding individuals. A few are thugs and a few are heroes. 

You can replace 'Millwall' with 'Muslim' in the last paragraph.

Have you been to Millwall as an away supporter ?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

We're veering off topic, but my god....are there really people who still  haven't noticed the incredibly high number of Islamist terror attacks against civilians in the West over the past 25 years? 

We're doomed if people like you and Chomper continue to bury their heads in the sand. 

We’re doomed if people can’t separate issues on there own factual basis.

This topic has absolutely nothing to do with Islamist terrorists.

But a guy called Abdullah acts selflessly and bravely saving at least one life and a bunch oh the usual suspects us are triggered into their Islam fixation.

I regard criticism from such people as a badge of honor.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

We’re doomed if people can’t separate issues on there own factual basis.

This topic has absolutely nothing to do with Islamist terrorists.

But a guy called Abdullah acts selflessly and bravely saving at least one life and a bunch oh the usual suspects us are triggered into their Islam fixation.

I regard criticism from such people as a badge of honor.

Just out of curiosity - please tell us what you would have done.  Now remember that you are security guard and hired to to protect customers.  He did what 99% of security guards would have done from what we know of the situation?  We haven't seen a video and know practically nothing about how it went down.

I guarantee you that if I was the security guard, I would have intervened.  Could you imagine if there was a video of him doing nothing.  I wouldn't be unable to show my face in public.  Bravery ?  Yes but really I just see it as commendable act in that he did his job in it seems in a perfect manner other than stopping the stabbing in the first place.  Again we have very little info but a hero is a stretch and being honored by the King that has been suggested is hilarious.  It might happen but still hilarious.  

• Confused 2