Chaikasem to be Nominated as New Thai PM at Special House Meeting

Chaikasem has a brain bleed and they cast him aside.

BREAKING: The Pheu Thai MP meeting on Thursday afternoon concluded that Party leader Paetongtarn Shinawatra should and will be the sole PM candidate submit for the vote tomorrow. However, it depends on the party's executive committee whether they will agree with the party's MPs or not

7 minutes ago, marin said:

BREAKING: The Pheu Thai MP meeting on Thursday afternoon concluded that Party leader Paetongtarn Shinawatra should and will be the sole PM candidate submit for the vote tomorrow. However, it depends on the party's executive committee whether they will agree with the party's MPs or not

Wow!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Seriously?

Daddy has already sorted it.

I very much think you are wrong, remember PP have a vote in this and i think Thaksin does not like PP and a lot of the collision mps will be voting for there own party 

3 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

I very much think you are wrong, remember PP have a vote in this and i think Thaksin does not like PP and a lot of the collision mps will be voting for there own party 

Exciting stuff though.......who would you put your money?

If I have to look at the new PM's photos for the next few years.....I want her.

7 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

From bad to worse .

Nepotism at it's best again ...

Thailand is going down fast now .

Whom would you trust ...?                      NOBODY .

Thailand's ex-PM Thaksin weak but 'happy to be home' after detention  release | South China Morning Post

image.jpeg

Would you trust those eyes?

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Exciting stuff though.......who would you put your money?

If I have to look at the new PM's photos for the next few years.....I want her.

My pick would be none of them  but i know that is unrealistic so she would be the best of the bunch did not understand why pita did not pick a back up 

59 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Thailand has a similar parliamentary system to the UK.  Just a lot more corrupt!

The most recent UK PM to both come into, and leave, office due to a general election was Ted Heath, 1970 - 1974.

2 hours ago, Charlest1971 said:

But that’s hardly democratic.
Surely the electorate should decide who becomes PM, by voting in a particular party at a General Election.  
Thai democracy sounds like the system that the Mafia employ. When someone steps out of line, he/she is booted out. 
At least, with UK Parties, new leaders, during an electoral cycle, are voted in, by a large membership of grass roots electorate. 
The Thai system is like a giant shark tank, where every now and again, a lump of meat is chucked into the mix. 

In the UK party leaders tend to voted in by a party members who are usually only a fraction of the party voters.  Liz Truss was elected party leader and PM by less than 200,000 Tory Party members.

1 minute ago, Dogmatix said:

In the UK party leaders tend to voted in by a party members who are usually only a fraction of the party voters.  Liz Truss was elected party leader and PM by less than 200,000 Tory Party members.

They should have gone for the lettuce.....but I guess we are all wise after the event.

9 hours ago, blazes said:

Coming from a country, Canada, that has a much-despised Prime Minister who can stay just where he is till October next year, I rather like the Thai way of ....er...democracy where some big-wig taps on the PM's shoulder and says "Sorry mate, your time is up. Now pi$$ off."

you are the silent majority eh ? i been hearing that in canada for about decade now. 

13 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Chaikasem Nitisiri. File photo courtesy: thansettakij

Chaikasem Nitisiri, a former justice minister and senior figure in the Pheu Thai Party, is expected to be nominated as the new prime minister of Thailand. This comes after the unexpected dismissal of Srettha Thavisin by the Constitutional Court for ethical breaches.

Sources indicate that House Speaker Wan Muhamad Noor Matha has scheduled a special House meeting on Friday to vote on Chaikasem's nomination. The decision to nominate Chaikasem was reportedly taken during an urgent meeting held at the residence of former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who holds significant influence within the Pheu Thai Party. Key figures from the coalition parties attended this meeting.

At 76, Chaikasem is one of three prime ministerial candidates from Pheu Thai, alongside Srettha and Paetongtarn Shinawatra, Thaksin’s daughter and party leader. Chaikasem was chosen over Paetongtarn due to concerns that she may not yet be ready to assume the top role amidst current political volatility.

7-candidates-8.webp

Pheu Thai's coalition commands a comfortable majority with 314 MPs in the House of Representatives, making Chaikasem's nomination likely to proceed without significant opposition.

Deputy Prime Minister Phumtham Wechayachai, currently on a trade mission in Kazakhstan, is returning to Bangkok following the Constitutional Court's decision. Phumtham is expected to take on the role of caretaker prime minister and will convene meetings with Pheu Thai MPs and coalition partners to discuss the path forward.

Phumtham assured that the caretaker government will continue to function within its specified limits. He will chair the planned cabinet meeting in Ayutthaya province and outline the party's strategy and collaboration with coalition partners ahead of Friday’s crucial vote.

Friday’s meeting is set to be a pivotal moment in Thailand's political landscape, as the country braces for potential shifts in its governance.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-08-15

Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Nothing will change still the same corrupt 🐷at the trough 🐷🐷

• Agree 1

This is a bad choice

Chaikasem could face another Constitutional Court ruling regarding his integrity, as he was the attorney-general who had ordered public prosecutors to drop the bribery case against Pichit Chuenban.

17 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

This is a bad choice

Chaikasem could face another Constitutional Court ruling regarding his integrity, as he was the attorney-general who had ordered public prosecutors to drop the bribery case against Pichit Chuenban.

Chaikasem is out. Paetongtarn is the new favourite.

You can't take your eyes off the race or you could miss a few more maneuvers.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, marin said:

And nobody will object that a 38-year old young woman will become the next Prime Minister! There is absolutely no question that she will be coached by her father Taksin Shinawatra. And nobody will object to this?

Just amazing! Just beyond me.

Edited by Dario
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dario said:

And nobody will object to this?

Just amazing!

I for one doubt she will win in the parliamentary vote.

The only guy with enough pull and clout in all the right places heads the BJ party.  Even though he inadvertently legalized weed, I still dont like the guy. Its all so corrupted even Prawit is trying to sneak into the picture. 

8 minutes ago, marin said:

I for one doubt she will win in the parliamentary vote.

The only guy with enough pull and clout in all the right places heads the BJ party.  Even though he inadvertently legalized weed, I still dont like the guy. Its all so corrupted even Prawit is trying to sneak into the picture. 

Anutin has promised to vote for pheu thai  candidate  but if he does not he does not have the numbers  and you can forget Prawit

30 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

Anutin has promised to vote for pheu thai  candidate  but if he does not he does not have the numbers  and you can forget Prawit

The first ballot. I am really hoping this gets good. 

Really does not matter, nothing will change with these dinosaurs save extinction. Look what happened the last election, and then the two court rulings. Even the "winner" is out. Hopefully after this Tony will be one step closer to said extinction. Sadly he has the money to buy "anything".