Sisaket Woman Reports Drunk 'Big Shot' for Assault After Rejecting Him

webfact

image.jpeg

A 27-year-old woman reported an assault by an influential local figure, commonly referred to as "Sia N", following her refusal to engage with him at a well-known pub in Sisaket.

The incident, which unfolded on August 14, has garnered significant attention due to the alleged assailant's reputed influence and the public nature of the assault.

Ms. Dao (pseudonym), the victim, recounted that the evening began with her and four friends enjoying themselves at the pub. "Sia N" approached her to clink glasses and engage in conversation, but she politely declined, which evidently angered him. Just minutes later,

"Sia N" erupted in anger, demanding loudly that everyone leave the pub, cursing at Ms. Dao's friends and summoning security to eject them from the premises.

IMG_20240814_162110.webp

"We didn't want any trouble, so we complied and went outside," Ms. Dao shared. However, as she lingered momentarily in front of the pub, "Sia N" continued his harassment, increasingly aggressive.

He demanded again that she drink with him, but upon her refusal, he threw his glass on the floor, cursed her, and escalated to violence by slapping her, causing her to fall.

Out of sheer frustration and self-defense, Ms. Dao slapped "Sia N" back, which incited a brutal response. "He punched, slapped, and pulled my hair, beating me until I was bruised all over," she recounted, her voice tremblingm reported Daily News.

IMG_20240814_161937.webp

Attempted interventions by the pub's staff were met with threats from "Sia N", who boasted of his powerful connections and declared he could shut the establishment down at will.

Following the ordeal, Ms. Dao received medical treatment for her injuries and promptly filed a police complaint. She expressed determination to seek justice despite "Sia N's" influential status.

The police investigation is ongoing.

IMG_20240814_161006.webp

IMG_20240814_160709.webp

All pictures courtesy: Daily News

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-08-15

Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

31 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Soon to be quiet about, as we can not disturb the powers that are. She will probably get an offer including some money to stay quiet and forget about everything.

That's one way it could go.  I can think of another that wouldn't involve a payoff, nor any chance she'd ever cause issues in the future.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

"Sia N" erupted in anger, demanding loudly that everyone leave the pub, cursing at Ms. Dao's friends and summoning security to eject them from the premises.

Seems someone in that area needs to be taken down a peg or two.

47 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

She does have publicity on her side, the police don't like their cowardice and laziness to be shown in the light of day and if anything happens to her 'big shot' is the first suspect.

I hope the publicity shames the person.

5 hours ago, impulse said:

That's one way it could go.  I can think of another that wouldn't involve a payoff, nor any chance she'd ever cause issues in the future.

Yeah, and that was already included in my post you choosed to take a part of.