Cyclist Killed in Pickup Truck Collision Near Pattaya

Georgealbert

1 minute ago, atpeace said:

Not a the best choice for exercise here but it is fun.  To many emergency rooms over 20 years here and in 2015 said no more after barely surviving the last. Two crusty carbon bikes with Ultegra components sit in storage.

Haven't seen the footage but it said he cut across lanes and any experienced cyclist can tell you this is not usually a good thing to do on a bicycle. 

3 hours ago, Deserted said:

Another cyclist gone. How many more are there of us left?

Not a the best choice for exercise here but it is fun.  To many emergency rooms over 20 years here and in 2015 said no more after barely surviving the last. Two crusty carbon bikes with Ultegra components sit in storage.

7 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Presumably a cyclist should never be in the position where he's crossing multiple lanes of traffic on a big road?

Actually, you are right. Cyclist must cross multiple lanes road on at pedestrian crossings, without sitting on the bicycle, pushing it to walk alongside.

16 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok, that´s a fair point. However, racing a motorbike on a track, where all competitors keeps to the rules for not getting disqualified. That´s a bit far from the Thai traffic, Just a tad Mr. Safe Boy.

I have also been riding bikes for about 40 years and driving cars the same long time, but I would not even think of saying something stupid like you just did. Anyway, try to enjoy your fake safety as long as it last.

You are constantly saying stupid things on this forum so my one off is inconsequential. 

I have also been riding bikes and driving cars in Thailand on and off for over 40 years and never had a serious accident. That I believe qualifies the statement I made.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, nakhonandy said:

You are constantly saying stupid things on this forum so my one off is inconsequential. 

I have also been riding bikes and driving cars in Thailand on and off for over 40 years and never had a serious accident. That I believe qualifies the statement I made.

Yes, until something happens, that makes your statement invalid. Guess some have to learn the hard way.

• Agree 1

I guess a proper crash report will never appear.

From th position of the bike, marks of the road etc one should be able t calculate direction speed of impact tc etc...

All we have is the word of rg driver who says he wasn't looking.

On 8/15/2024 at 7:47 AM, NowNow said:

Actually driver admitted that he took his eyes off the road....

THis is real "human" error the main factor in 95% of road accidents.

• Agree 1

On 8/15/2024 at 3:20 PM, nakhonandy said:

True if you are not very experienced. 

I have ridden and raced motorbikes for 50 years so I am confident that I will avoid 99% of accidents and the 1% will be minor.

On a cycle, not so.

that's worrying even 50 years ago in terms of road safety, they comment would have been seen as profoundly ignorant of road safety.

• Agree 1

On 8/16/2024 at 8:14 AM, nakhonandy said:

never had a serious accident

In general, it's not "BAD" drivers that have crashes, it's NORMAL drivers - unfortunately if they don't realisethat, they are putting themselves and other road users at increased risk.

• Agree 1