Longest Sentences Yet for Rioters Involved in Racist Mob Violence Across England

Social Media

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

No they didn't.

Originally they simply stated he was a teenager from Cardiff. They later released the information about his heritage. 

Incorrect. The poster is 100% correct - check out the news reports on the day. That will show you that the far right groups were the ones that spread the story that he was a black asylum seeker.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MangoKorat said:

Incorrect. The poster is 100% correct - check out the news reports on the day.

Not same day. He is only 17. A court had to rule to allow information to be released. 

I believe the murders were on 29yh July. Full details were released 31st. In line with the law on minors, regardless of their race, religion or nationality.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

The type of person who overlooks the use of Burmese slave labour, rampant prostitution, poverty, huge wealth gaps, incredibly low wages, lack of social care, lack of democracy, rampant nationalism, military coups etc. in a country simply because it happens to be cheap as chips to live there.

There was a thread on hear about the mental gymnastics western liberals have to do to justify living in certain Asian countries. You should read it. 

Now, back to pontificating about your virtue. 

Totally wrong on all counts. I think you need to learn to read.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

Not same day. He is only 17. A court had to rule to allow information to be released. 

I believe the murders were on 29yh July. Full details were released 31st. In line with the law on minors, regardless of their race, religion or nationality.

Check out ther date of the far right social media posts.

• Thanks 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

But there are very real concerns about the negative impacts that the current levels of immigration to the UK are causing. People should be able to discuss that openly and sensibly without being labelled racist, far right etc.

Again, you are being 'selective' in your reading. I suggest you read all my posts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, MangoKorat said:

Again, you are being 'selective' in your reading. I suggest you read all my posts.

I've read them. 

Basically a load of name calling followed by a reluctant acceptance that the current levels of immigration does indeed cause problems for the UK. 

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Explain why it was wrong.

To assist your confusion.

The guy who murdered the young girls was black and born in Britain to Rwandan parents - not that that had anything to do with his crime. He was/is clearly suffering from a severe form of mental illness.

The far right groups posted information on social media stating that he was a black asylum seeker - he was not.  I hope that clears the matter up for you.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Basically a load of name calling followed by a reluctant acceptance that the current levels of immigration does indeed cause problems for the UK. 

And where do you draw that inference from?  My comments on that matter are not reluctant at all. They are widely held beliefs - mainly based on environmental concerns.  If calling the rioters - the people that destroyed property that both you and i paid for, damaged shops and houses, and generally terrorised non ethnic British people living in the UK - far right, racists, meatheads and uneducated is bad - guilty as charged.

Perhaps you think I should talk nicely about these hooligans?

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I'm not talking about the misinformation. I'm talking about the real facts. They were published on 31st July.

But its the misinformation that started the riots - however, I believe the far right groups have been waiting for an excuse.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

The guy who murdered the young girls was black and born in Britain to Rwandan parents - not that that had anything to do with his crime. He was/is clearly suffering from a severe form of mental illness.

The far right groups posted information on social media stating that he was a black asylum seeker - he was not.  I hope that clears the matter up for you.

Yes, some idiots on the internet speculated about the identity of the attacker in the absence of accurate information from the authorities.

There is a history of information not being released when it relates to minorities or immigrants (or both). This has led to many people assuming that when the identity/description of the perp is not released then the perp must be a minority or an immigrant.

Another side effect of two tier Britain in full effect. I hope they learn from this in future and treat everyone equally. Very unlikley under Labour. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

But its the misinformation that started the riots - however, I believe the far right groups have been waiting for an excuse.

I was referring to the post that suggested the authorities deliberately withheld information about the culprit.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

If you are so delighted, then presumably you are as concerned as others that such obvious criminality is not being dealt with across the board; or do you actually think that it is fabulous news that people whose political opinions you dislike are being jailed?

Criminality is being dealt with across the board.

Do crime, do the time, don’t you agree?

• Sad 2
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

The authorities tried to hide the fact it was a son of Rwandan immigrants. They tried to be clever by hiding it and it backfired spectacularly. 

You have evidence of this?

Or are you misrepresenting the facts that the police and courts were obliged by law to keep the identity of the murderer under wraps and could only release his identity by order of a judge?!

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Criminality is being dealt with across the board.

Do crime, do the time, don’t you agree?

Not with your lot it isn't.......🤕

Plus, your boat people should be arrested on the beach, not given sandwiches and cash ...🤨

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

59 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

None of the three examples I have referenced have yet to get anywhere near to courts, let alone pleading.

And you also omit other issues that might delay charging and prosecution; for example ongoing investigations into the behavior of police officers in the case.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I do not think that immigration per se causes problems for the UK.  I actually don't believe in borders as such.  However, I do believe that when a country is full, its full.

The world, more particularly Europe has been defined by immigration for centuries - the entire region is a mish mash of races.

However, it is only within the last 100 years or so that we have seen the rise of serious racism and that is because of what?  Colour!  Previous migrants have not been obvious so they were more accepted.  The white man's arrogant belief that he is somehow superior and that people of a different colour are lesser beings, responsible for more crime is behind their racism.

Should a white american man come to live in the UK, would he draw the same thoughts?

My niece for example, recently made a social media post complaining that asylum seekers were able to claim more benefits than British born people and generally berating immigrants as benefit cheats.  I pointed out to her that according to a news report last year, there are now white British 3rd generation unemployed in Leeds.  That's 3 generations that have never worked. I probably know 8 - 10 coloured people, all of them either work or have retired from work.

The basis of my niece's post came about from misinformation created out of populist misconceptions that often have their basis in more deliberate misinformation spread by racist right wing groups.

What has the above to do with the current debate?  The countrywide riots were the result of misinformation spread by racist groups - it never fails to amaze me how easily people believe what they read.  The rise of social media has given voice to all sorts of groups and individuals and very few of them contribute positively to society.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

The type of person who overlooks the use of Burmese slave labour, rampant prostitution, poverty, huge wealth gaps, incredibly low wages, lack of social care, lack of democracy, rampant nationalism, military coups etc. in a country simply because it happens to be cheap as chips to live there.

There was a thread on hear about the mental gymnastics western liberals have to do to justify living in certain Asian countries. You should read it. 

Now, back to pontificating about your virtue. 

I thought you were here in Thailand too?

33 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Members of this forum repeated those lies within hours of the heinous murders having been committed.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, koolkarl said:

Plays right into certain immigrants hands.  What happened to the terrorist who killed the little girls? Politicians are terrified and are really protecting themselves.

Terrorist?  On what basis do you make that claim?  Do you have some 'special access' to the facts?

• Thanks 1