Kamala Harris: A Defining Moment on the Path to the Presidency

Social Media

She seemed to be good at putting criminals behind bars as a prosecutor.

Probably can speak but clever enough to not get into interviews as she is leading without one. 

I guess the Republican party can urge the Democratic party to reject her then let Biden stand again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Probably can speak but clever enough to not get into interviews as she is leading without one. 

I guess the Republican party can urge the Democratic party to reject her then let Biden stand again.

Huh?

Why would they do that?!?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

My goodness she has Trump’s supporters, both foreign and domestic, wound up.

Speaking as a foreigner, with no dog in this race, I feel Harris' supporters would be wise to shield her, as much as possible, from pointed questions.

She has likeable qualities but, up to now, she appears to have difficulties when closely examined on policy issues. This is going to get tougher as the election nears.

BTW my UK bookmaker now has her odds on to win, albeit by a small margin. He's seldom wrong, which is why he's a very rich man...

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

She's got the mo.

Keep it up!

yeah .  she got the mo.   mo stupid..     let's see inflation went from 1.4 % to  9.2% in June  2022 ( you can't blame Trump ! )

Food prices up over 20% overall ..  so let's freeze prices ....   bread is up 50%   beef is up 50%

proven fact that will backfire ,,  should we go visit history ?

Rome, Soviet,Cuba, Venezuela ? 

Gov policy causes inflation ....  let the Feds print more $$$$   THAT WILL ONLY CREATE MORE INFLATION ...

Bad as print more diplomas ( as in lower the standards and just promote everyone ) that will cure stupidity !

amazing how much damage has been done in the last 3-1/2 years

4 minutes ago, Luuk Chaai said:

yeah .  she got the mo.   mo stupid..     let's see inflation went from 1.4 % to  9.2% in June  2022 ( you can't blame Trump ! )

Food prices up over 20% overall ..  so let's freeze prices ....   bread is up 50%   beef is up 50%

proven fact that will backfire ,,  should we go visit history ?

Rome, Soviet,Cuba, Venezuela ? 

Gov policy causes inflation ....  let the Feds print more $$$$   THAT WILL ONLY CREATE MORE INFLATION ...

Bad as print more diplomas ( as in lower the standards and just promote everyone ) that will cure stupidity !

amazing how much damage has been done in the last 3-1/2 years

She said nothing about freezing prices. Stop lying.

23 hours ago, malibukid said:

she's a phony. its time we vote Green and put both parties on notice this November

If the American Green party is anything like the NZ Green party that would be a massive mistake. To call ours a fringe party would make them seem better than the reality.

PS, they might be called "Green" but they abandoned the environment long ago, IMO.

18 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Speaking as a foreigner, with no dog in this race, I feel Harris' supporters would be wise to shield her, as much as possible, from pointed questions.

She has likeable qualities but, up to now, she appears to have difficulties when closely examined on policy issues. This is going to get tougher as the election nears.

BTW my UK bookmaker now has her odds on to win, albeit by a small margin. He's seldom wrong, which is why he's a very rich man...

Likeable qualities? None that I can discern.

Your bookmaker may very well be correct, but I wouldn't bet the house. I thought Trump lost after the pussygate tapes, but to my ( and apparently his ) surprise he won. He may surprise us again.

19 hours ago, Purdey said:

Apparently really good at putting guys in jail for smoking weed, yet reportedly smoked a bit herself.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Here comes the grammar police.

No, that was the spelling police. Grammar is a different thing. 

Spelling and grammar errors reflect upon the poster and provide evidence of a lack of thought and care in posting. When the spelling or grammar mistake is in service of an attempted insult against the people debating, it is doubly ironic and irresistible to observe and point out.  

56 minutes ago, JCauto said:

No, that was the spelling police. Grammar is a different thing. 

Spelling and grammar errors reflect upon the poster and provide evidence of a lack of thought and care in posting. When the spelling or grammar mistake is in service of an attempted insult against the people debating, it is doubly ironic and irresistible to observe and point out.  

Grammar or spelling you are still in violation of forum rules. I'm sure you will have read them and know which I'm referring to.

33 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Grammar or spelling you are still in violation of forum rules. I'm sure you will have read them and know which I'm referring to.

It was what we call "a witty riposte", wherein one uses one's debate opponent's words to demonstrate their paucity of depth through pointing out how they can't even correctly spell the word they relied upon as the basis for their post. 

Sort of like how I'm now pointing out now how the supposed ones baying for freedom and lack of oversight immediately go crying to the moderators when yet again being publicly flayed for their poor attempts at posting.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, gwapofarang said:

I guess nobody listened to what Biden had to say about being removed. Everybody hates Harris, including her colleagues. Doesn't matter it's all criminal anyway. Amazing how many people have their heads buried in the sand.

So, you got any facts or evidence to back that rather astonishing claim? 

Beyond that, why does it matter? Even Trump's running mate compared him to a famous fascist German politician. 

On 8/20/2024 at 5:25 PM, JCauto said:

It was what we call "a witty riposte", wherein one uses one's debate opponent's words to demonstrate their paucity of depth through pointing out how they can't even correctly spell the word they relied upon as the basis for their post. 

Sort of like how I'm now pointing out now how the supposed ones baying for freedom and lack of oversight immediately go crying to the moderators when yet again being publicly flayed for their poor attempts at posting.

I guess I missed the "witty" part. It does pay to include something to indicate that one has made an attempt at humour, lest one be misunderstood.