Non-B to DTV

Hi,

I have a Non-B visa and would like to do the DTV.

That means I want to remove the Non-B and get the DTV as my new visa.

My question is if that's possible. I tried emailing embassies but got 0 replies, so I'm lost in the dark here.

A 90-Day entry from a Non-B Visa, or a 1-year extension from Immigration?

If on a Visa entry, you leave, and it's gone, unless you have a re-entry permit, or it is a "multiple entry" visa - but I think the Non-B-ME Visas were phased out? 

If on an extension, currently, you would need to take a letter showing the date your work will end to immigration, and get your Non-B extension canceled.  The date can be in the future, so you don't have to leave that day, or pay for a "7 days to leave" extension. 

Then, you leave, and go apply for your DTV.   What visa / extension you had before should not matter.

Edited by Rob Browder

17 minutes ago, Rob Browder said:

1-year extension from Immigration?

Thank you for your answer.

I have a 1-year extension—single entry.

Can immigration cancel my non-B extension, or do I need to do this in Thailand?

I own 49% of the company and want to close it. So basically, do I have to show them proof of closing the company and a date I will stop working?

On 8/18/2024 at 3:01 PM, Avi113 said:

Thank you for your answer.

I have a 1-year extension—single entry.

Can immigration cancel my non-B extension, or do I need to do this in Thailand?

I own 49% of the company and want to close it. So basically, do I have to show them proof of closing the company and a date I will stop working?

You would need to cancel your Non-B extension at immigration in Thailand.

Others are better experienced in detailing the process of closing a company, which I have never done.  But, a letter where "the company" gives you a "will cease working on <date> letter should work.    You could own part of a company without obtaining a work-permit, so I do not see any reason you would need to show proof you closed the company.

With that letter, Immigration will change your "permitted stay" to the same date in the letter.  Failing to do this can lead to problems with immigration in the future.