Paetongtarn’s pledge: No more Shinawatra slip-ups

3 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

^^ From the OP

Yes the PT pledge 10000bhat  But it was a very bad commitment  should have been thought out better in implementation and effect on thai familys in regard to violence it could cause in the family 

• Confused 5

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

So she's not going to get involved in corrupt land deals, dodgy share sales, tax avoidance, nepotism or extortion......

.......what an angel.

I think what she meant was 'the slush fund will be increased'

• Haha 1

Actually liked ex PM Srettha Thavisin and thought he was doing a good job however politics is wry business..

Anyway Good luck to our new PM Paetongtarn..best wishes ..Sanuk and kampai..

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hunz Kittisak said:

As long as the army stays in the barracks 

I believe it’s possible this time round

The army doesn't have to  stay in barracks.  They don't need a coup 

All they have to do is dissolve the coalition.

But then again they know they will get crushed in elections  so maybe coup is the way although the people will not accept it 

Just now, kingstonkid said:

The army doesn't have to  stay in barracks.  They don't need a coup 

All they have to do is dissolve the coalition.

But then again they know they will get crushed in elections  so maybe coup is the way although the people will not accept it 

IF there was ever a coup Thailand would go bankrupt and it would be the straw that broke the camels back the people would not accept it 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Paetongtarn, the third Shinawatra to take the helm of Thailand,

I'd count her uncle Somchai and a few of their house servants they fielded as proxies as well, so it's quite a few more than three at this point.

What they all had in common, of course, was that their time in office was (cut) short.

• Agree 1

Never hear much about the other son and daughter.

I recall the son was in the papers over something to do with shares, and the other daughter got married, but that's about it.. They seem to stay very low key.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Never hear much about the other son and daughter.

I recall the son was in the papers over something to do with shares, and the other daughter got married, but that's about it.. They seem to stay very low key.

He got in trouble with the selling of shin corp  and after that he set up tv station The voice think that fell flat that the last of what i heard about him  yes you right very low key  i think if i had a father like him i would be doing the same

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Best not listen to Daddy then, he got himself ousted and his sister.. by dubious scams.

They got ousted by the power elite.......because they were too popular with the voters.

"No more slip-ups" means that the Shinawatras will toe the line and work for the well-being of the minority power elite........not for that of the voting majority.

That was/is the fundamental essence of the whole deal that, among other things, got her father back in the country and pardoned.

Edited by Enoon
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Enoon said:

They got ousted by the power elite.......because they were too popular with the voters.

"No more slip-ups" means she will toe the line and work for the well-being of the power elite........not for that of the the voters.

That was/is the fundamental essence of the whole deal that, among other things, got her father back in the country and pardoned.

No more slip-ups" means she will toe the line and work for the well-being of the power elite........not for that of the the voters.

This is Your opinion  which you are entitled to But if you read her speech in the Thai papers it is very different it seems she is for the Thai people  I am not sure, normally don't believe any thing that comes out of a politicians mouth  but i think you have to give her a chance  again this is only my opinion

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If she would be smart, then she would just take the ill-gotten family money and stay away from politics and best stay away from the public. But no, that is obviously not what she is doing.

She doesn't make any decisions, she has to do what her father tells her.

His clan is the real power.

• Like 1