90 days report after leaving the country and returning

From my last 90 day report I got a piece of paper in my passport with a stamp saying next on is 30th Aug, I left the country and re entered on 10th Aug, so do I still have to do my 90 day report on the 30th Aug or is it now 90 days from when I re-entered? Thanks

27 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

90 days from reentry which is day 1.

Your due date is now November 16, 2024

Ignore any reminder email

What if you keep going in and out of Thailand every 2 months, then I assume you don't really need to file the 90 day report at all? Even though you're living here on a long-term stay visa. 

Edited by TPDH
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Dr Jack is on spot.

I do this yearly as well when I travel to the USA.

Important to have your landlord file the TM30 on your behalf (online) upon your return, and get a copy of it for your record to show immigration on your “personal visit” for your first 90 day (TM47) report.

Subsequent 90 day reports can be done online.

Cheers

1 hour ago, PumpkinEater said:

Dr Jack is on spot.

Important to have your landlord file the TM30 on your behalf (online) upon your return, and get a copy of it for your record to show immigration on your “personal visit” for your first 90 day (TM47) report.

Cheers

Which is your local immigration office? A fresh TM30 should not be required in the OP's case if he is returning to the same address where he lived prior to his foreign trip.

The OP should also be able to report by snail mail (instead of in person) in November, just as I did recently following a trip to Europe in May (my local office is Rayong).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OJAS said:

The OP should also be able to report by snail mail (instead of in person) in November, just as I did recently following a trip to Europe in May (my local office is Rayong).

Same scenario would apply at CW. 

1 hour ago, PumpkinEater said:

Dr Jack is on spot.

Cheers

I was under the impression that if you returned to your registered address when you returned to Thailand, then there was no need to resubmit a TM30, a copy of which is already stapled in your passport. Certainly that is the case at Hua Hin immigration, in my experience.

DEPENDING on your LOCAL IO POLICY, You might need a NEW TM-30 upon re-entry even to the same address. 

Korat DOES require.  YOU can do a TM-30 YOURSELF as I have done several times - easy if returning to SAME address. Can do as: House Master, Possessor or renter.

5 minutes ago, edwardflory said:

DEPENDING on your LOCAL IO POLICY, You might need a NEW TM-30 upon re-entry even to the same address. 

Indeed, all about the office.

My TM30 is from 2015 and last Oct I came back on new visa with new passport. I moved the TM30 into the new passport and no problem when I did the 12 month ext in Dec, did see the IO look at it. Yet to do a 90 day so see what happens when that comes up.

The inconsistency is highlighted by the fact that I use Chonburi Immigration Dept, same as Jomtien, just a different office.

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

....Your due date is now November 16, 2024....

Hopefully the OP double checks the math.  Given he entered August 10th, I believe the 90th day would be November 7th (22+30+31+7).

Edited by CMBob

50 minutes ago, edwardflory said:

Korat DOES require.  YOU can do a TM-30 YOURSELF as I have done several times - easy if returning to SAME address. Can do as: House Master, Possessor or renter.

CM also requires a new TM30 upon returning to Thailand. Strange thing though when my 90 day report date was recalculated it was not calculated from the date of re-entry but from the date of filing the new TM30.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, CMBob said:

Hopefully the OP double checks the math.  Given he entered August 10th, I believe the 90th day would be November 7th (22+30+31+7).

Correct: ta. Will alter my typo.

Adding 89 days to Saturday August 10, 2024

Thursday November 07, 2024

I am with Koh Samui Immigration.

They do give “grief” to folks that did not or pley dumb about the need of the TM 30.

Therefore as insurance of a smooth process,..I am safe rather than sorry.

Another issue is that I will stay in BKK the first night and the hotel may or may not file the TM 30, which would also require an updated TM 30 anyway.

Cheers

Yesterday while at CM IMM I asked if I would be required to submit an "updated" TM30 for my same/current address should I depart Thailand for a short holiday and return to my current/same address, the response was YES; is mandatory....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1