Trump Claims Kamala Harris Declined Fox News Debate

Social Media

image.png.8ea08321aa90f89a029ea06762862d55.png

Former President Donald Trump has made headlines once again, claiming that Vice President Kamala Harris has declined an invitation to participate in a Fox News debate scheduled for next month. The Republican nominee for president took to his social media platform, Truth Social, to share the news, writing, “Comrade Kamala Harris has just informed us that she will NOT do the Fox News Debate on September 4th.” 

The vice president’s reported decision not to engage in the debate did not come as a surprise to Trump. In his post, Trump suggested that Harris’s refusal stemmed from her inability to defend her record on various issues, particularly her stance on fracking and her role as the so-called "Border Czar."

Trump expressed his belief that Harris is aware of the difficulties she would face in defending her positions, stating, “I am not surprised by this development because I feel that she knows it is very difficult, at best, for her to defend her record-setting Flip-Flopping on absolutely everything she once believed in, including her statements that THERE WILL BE NO FRACKING IN PENNSYLVANIA and her HORRIBLE Performance on the Border, our ‘Border Czar,’ where millions of criminals and people from mental institutions and terrorists, have been allowed to pour into our Country, totally unchecked and unvetted.”

Trump also mentioned that the debate, had it taken place, would have occurred in Pennsylvania, though he offered no further details. The former president has previously stated that he agreed to three debates against Harris, including one hosted by NBC News on September 25, in addition to forums by ABC and Fox News. “So we have those three dates and those networks, they’re very anxiously awaiting that date and those dates,” Trump told reporters during a press conference at his Mar-a-Lago estate earlier this month. “We have spoken to the heads of the network and it’s all been confirmed.”

However, according to Trump’s claims, Harris has only officially committed to participating in the ABC event. She had previously expressed hesitance about the Fox News debate, while appearing more open to the NBC News one. On August 8, Harris responded to inquiries about the debates, saying, “Well, I’m glad that he’s finally agreed to a debate on September 10. I am happy to have that conversation about an additional debate, or after September 10, for sure.”

As the situation unfolds, it is important to note that Harris has not held a formal press conference since President Joe Biden’s July 21 decision to withdraw from the re-election race and endorse her as his successor. This decision has placed her at the forefront of the Democratic campaign, with many eyes on her next moves in the race.

Trump's allegations of Harris declining the debate have added fuel to the ongoing political drama, intensifying the scrutiny on Harris as she navigates the pressures of a presidential campaign. Whether or not Harris's reported decision will impact her standing in the election remains to be seen, but it has certainly sparked conversation and speculation across the political spectrum. As the debates draw nearer, the nation will be watching closely to see how these dynamics play out and what they might mean for the future of the 2024 presidential race.

Credit: NYP  2024-08-21

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, mdr224 said:

Shes declined everything. Democrats are banking on the american people to be so stupid to elect someone who doesnt speak

I would not put it past Fox to bring up something like eating babies.  Who in their right mind would want to deal with that?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If this is true it would be a real mistake on her part, she needs to debate Trump on Fox, she needs to give some interviews to hostile interviewers, and she needs to show that she can hold her own in a hostile environment. 

This is essential. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

If this is true it would be a real mistake on her part, she needs to debate Trump on Fox, she needs to give some interviews to hostile interviewers, and she needs to show that she can hold her own in a hostile environment. 

If she could, she would. 

If in doubt look at her recent reply about what she's going to do about inflation...

She'll be exposed. Hence her being kept away from such environments as long as possible. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Meanwhile Trump's congressional henchmen MAGA Republicans are so desperate to attack Vice President Kamala Harris following Joe Biden’s withdrawal from the presidential race that they’ve come up with a new flimsy plan: impeach her.

So who's the coward?

Meanwhile Trump holds worthless interviews without talking specific policies and playing golf. Harris is fine with doing the one ABC debate as significant Republican and religious leaders commit to support Harris' election.

9 hours ago, Tug said:

We Americans are banking on someone who thinks before they speak that’s who we will vote for

Obviously you never heard her speak, she’s incapable of thinking of anything rational before she flaps her crackling jaw.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

It seems only fair. Trump debated on CNN, a left leaning and Democrat supporting channel. He also agreed to debate on ABC, also the same. With the delightful addition of the news director being the former media hit man for the Clintons!.  So there is nothing wrong with Kamala returning the favor, and showing how fearless she is as a WOC and a prosecutor.  Beard the lion in his den and all that. 

Yet somehow I think it wont happen. Similar to shirker Walz ducking JD Vance and only agreeing to one debate on a friendly channel. Cowards, the both of them.

• Like 1

Posts using derogatory and toxic nicknames or intentional misspelling of people’s names will be removed. If you don’t want your post to be removed, spell people’s names correctly, this applies to both sides of the political debate.

9 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

It seems only fair. Trump debated on CNN, a left leaning and Democrat supporting channel. He also agreed to debate on ABC, also the same. With the delightful addition of the news director being the former media hit man for the Clintons!.  So there is nothing wrong with Kamala returning the favor, and showing how fearless she is as a WOC and a prosecutor.  Beard the lion in his den and all that. 

Yet somehow I think it wont happen. Similar to shirker Walz ducking JD Vance and only agreeing to one debate on a friendly channel. Cowards, the both of them.

Two things. I don't think Fox is comparable to CNN or ABC. The latter two are a bit biased - partly because Trump is objectively such a douche - but Fox is much more extreme on most shows - laughably so. 

The other thing is I would ask you to consider whether using the word coward whenever someone doesn't do what you want them to is appropriate. They are both running for two of the highest positions in the land  - they are each respectively giving huge speeches in the next two days - participating in at least one debate - on and on - but besides that who the hell are you to call them cowards.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Two things. I don't think Fox is comparable to CNN or ABC. The latter two are a bit biased - partly because Trump is objectively such a douche - but Fox is much more extreme on most shows - laughably so. 

The other thing is I would ask you to consider whether using the word coward whenever someone doesn't do what you want them to is appropriate. They are both running for two of the highest positions in the land  - they are each respectively giving huge speeches in the next two days - participating in at least one debate - on and on - but besides that who the hell are you to call them cowards.  

The actual hard news folks on Fox are good journalists, such as Bret Baer. Conservative yes, but professional.  Much like Jake Tapper at CNN. So there really is no difference from that aspect.  Otherwise, what right leaning media source would you suggest as a comparable forum for a debate that will not be giving tongue baths to Harris and shirker Walz?

I call them cowards because sauce for the goose is as good as sauce for the gander. There were days if not weeks of "Trump is scared to debate Harris, he is a coward" circulating here, and in the media as well. Time to see it in reverse.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

The actual hard news folks on Fox are good journalists, such as Bret Baer. Conservative yes, but professional.  Much like Jake Tapper at CNN. So there really is no difference from that aspect.  Otherwise, what right leaning media source would you suggest as a comparable forum for a debate that will not be giving tongue baths to Harris and shirker Walz?

I call them cowards because sauce for the goose is as good as sauce for the gander. There were days if not weeks of "Trump is scared to debate Harris, he is a coward" circulating here, and in the media as well. Time to see it in reverse.

I may have sounded a bit harsh. Brett Baer isn't bad but so many of the others are toxic to me. The more trustworthy centre or right leaning media tends to be print e.g. The Economist, Forbes, even Murdoch's Wall Street Journal - hard to find balanced right wing stuff on normal tv I think. 

9 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Believe it or not, I am not a Fox viewer by any means. A lot of what they produce reminds me of what the left produces- formulaic and rather boring.  I listen to more podcasts and debate style shows these days.  A WHJ sponsored debate would be quite good IMHO. 

Why?you are a foreigner with an obvious agenda…..it doesn’t concern you or it shouldn’t.

59 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I may have sounded a bit harsh. Brett Baer isn't bad but so many of the others are toxic to me. The more trustworthy centre or right leaning media tends to be print e.g. The Economist, Forbes, even Murdoch's Wall Street Journal - hard to find balanced right wing stuff on normal tv I think. 

Harris is just a bit busy with the campaign and all,I’m sure she will follow what her advisers counsel……after all she thinks before she speaks and I for one doubt she will be baited into a fake news Fox circus for the edification of trump or his followers.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Its the usual Trump BS. None of the other debates were on the table. Trump first refused to debate then turned around with a one sided 3 debate program. Now he claims Harris refuses to debate on Fox. A debate that was never scheduled. 

8 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

Its the usual Trump BS. None of the other debates were on the table. Trump first refused to debate then turned around with a one sided 3 debate program. Now he claims Harris refuses to debate on Fox. A debate that was never scheduled. 

Enough word salad. Just admit that she is incapable of dealing with anything other than a slavishly supportive media environment.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, novacova said:

Obviously you never heard her speak, she’s incapable of thinking of anything rational before she flaps her crackling jaw.

Your posts give me the same impression.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Enough word salad. Just admit that she is incapable of dealing with anything other than a slavishly supportive media environment.

If this Stephen Miller interview is anything to go by, it's no wonder the media is supporting Harris. They are probably tired of being talked over by blatant liars.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Tug said:

We Americans are banking on someone who thinks before they speak that’s who we will vote for

Remember all your BS on how Trump is afraid to debate Harris.  Seems you had that backwards.  She does not want to speak anyplace where she has to put her thoughts into words.  Because she can't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Well jee wizz ya might ask some of the criminals she put away when she was a DA or ask the big banks that had to fork over billions after the crash of 08……you need new material 

6 hours ago, thaipo7 said:

Remember all your BS on how Trump is afraid to debate Harris.  Seems you had that backwards.  She does not want to speak anyplace where she has to put her thoughts into words.  Because she can't.

Ahhh ok thaipo if you say so…….