Teenager Stabs Foreign Man in Road Rage Incident Near Pattaya

Georgealbert

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

No he's not.

An Amber traffic light does not mean 'gun it across the junction'... 

It means stop if safe to do so.. i.e. no skidding or losing control etc.

If a bike is speeding up behind a car which slows to a stop on Amber and the bike rides into the back of the car, its 100% the bike riders fault - the rider was too close to the car.

The issue here is of courses is not the law itself, but the expectation of everyone around you that the law will not only 'not be followed' but deliberately ignored and that on 'amber' it is expected that other drivers will 'speed up' to get through the lights. 

It is also expected that when a light turns red, a handful of cars will also speed up to get through the recently 'changed' lights.... 

I just follow all laws and rules, and have my dashcams front and back to deal with ignorant Thai drivers who think they are in the right. I just wish I could turn my videos in to some Thai authority who could put a stop to the nitwits out there. I should make a youtube channel demonstrating the idiocy of Thai drivers and make a fortune, every day is full of multiple suicidal or dangerous driving habits.

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

This is actually quite true.  People often go on about the police like they're the ones who are letting the Thai people down, but it's fairly clear that Thais are fairly supportive of their hands off approach.

Thais seem to break the rules all the time, and support weak enforcement while criticising heavy handed enforcement.

Then why have laws? Maybe what they should do is charge all these lawbreakers with the 112 law, since these laws and rules they are deliberately disobeying are signed by their King for the benefit of his subjects.

3 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

This is actually quite true.  People often go on about the police like they're the ones who are letting the Thai people down, but it's fairly clear that Thais are fairly supportive of their hands off approach.

Thais seem to break the rules all the time, and support weak enforcement while criticising heavy handed enforcement.

The truth is as pure as a drop of dew. But do not hang everything on the Thais, this is true for almost all southern people. I lived on different continents. On the other side of the globe, 80% of southerners drive just as badly or even worse. I know a place (and it is on the other side of the planet) where the drivers are even worse than here. But both there and here they are united by the opinion that you wrote.

Are they right? Hell NO! And we see it in the road death statistics.

1 minute ago, lordgrinz said:

I just follow all laws and rules, and have my dashcams front and back to deal with ignorant Thai drivers who think they are in the right. I just wish I could turn my videos in to some Thai authority who could put a stop to the nitwits out there. I should make a youtube channel demonstrating the idiocy of Thai drivers and make a fortune, every day is full of multiple suicidal or dangerous driving habits.

Those YouTube Channels are already out there....

There are also Facebook Pages dedicated to the idiocy witnessed on Thailands roads (by Thai's and foreigners) 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1014566385582946

But to be fair - every country has the same groups and much the same stupid stuff can be witnessed....  At least there is far less agression on the roads in Thailand, give or take the odd complete meltdown (as we see with this story).

In the UK recently some guy went bonkers at me as I was driving down the road along a row of parked cars... clear on my side, the parked cars were on his side of the road but he expected me to give way.... Which I happily would have, but as we'd approached at the same time I fully expected him to yield... he didn't and pushed his way through, was waving his arms shouting at me....  etc...

... he seemed so mad I had to question my own sanity and wonder what mistake I'd made... 

But none - he just had no idea it should have been him that was to give way as the obstruction was in his half of the road (his left / my right).

People just get mad so easily - but so do I when someone puts my family in danger through their utter stupidity. 

I got mad a policeman when coming in from the airport a few years ago. 

He pulled over the AOT van on the expressway - I was telling the driver to ignore the policeman and take the next exit, stopping on the expressway was way to dangerous (with wife and child in car)....   the driver didn't listen, the policeman ignored me.... 

...Turns out the policeman took 200 baht fine, the reason unclear, but something to do with the van (AOT Toyota commuter) not being permitted to drive in the right most lane on the motorway / expressway - which Id never heard of before)...  But I didn't care - stopping on the motorway was such a no-no...    but in these cases logic simply cannot prevail. 

6 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

Then why have laws? Maybe what they should do is charge all these lawbreakers with the 112 law, since these laws and rules they are deliberately disobeying are signed by their King for the benefit of his subjects.

At the very least, without laws the country will look wild and untamed, and this will scare away tourists and their money. 

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

But to be fair - every country has the same groups and much the same stupid stuff can be witnessed....  At least there is far less agression on the roads in Thailand, give or take the odd complete meltdown (as we see with this story).

I could put up daily videos that would shock people, I'm not talking about a few bad apples in a week/month, and this in my short daily 3km drive to my daughters school. To me it's just pure insanity, made even worse by how dangerous the drivers are near the school.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Martin71 said:

A Thai witness states that the foreigner tried to drive away at first then a Thai opened the car door to attack him... Try reading posts before spouting your anti foreigner drivel....

I read that too... and while I agree that 'SAFETY FIRST' seems to have gone down the 'anti-farang' road in this thread....

... I do wonder what the foreign driver did to incite the Thai Motorcyclists into such an angry state....      

Lots of potentials...  middle finger perhaps (total guess of course) - but some very innocuous things bring Thai's to boiling temperature in a split second - none of which justifies their actions, nevertheless, knowing such information helps us learn more and know how to avoid exposure to such psychopaths when out and about. 

--------

It never ceases to amaze me how Thai's allow a situation to escalate so quickly and round up so much backup in such a short time-frame. 

A while ago playing golf (in Kanchanaburi) with a Thai-friend....    We were putting out on the green and one of the group shot onto the green. 

I shouted.... they could see us...  and a second player shot the ball onto the green so I kicked it away and told the caddy to pick up the other ball. 

When the group (of 4 older Thai folk ) approached - they were incensed, arguing at our slow play. We argued that we could only play at the speed in front of us - it was a weekend and play was slow, but nothing we could do about that.

The arguement developed - me arguing with the Thai man about his dangerous play, him arguing that we were slow and angry that I'd kicked his ball away. My Wife arguing the same with his wife... Proper silly stuff...  meanwhile my Thai friend on the phone. 

We'd finished our game so my Wife and I walked off... Thai guy still shouting...  

We'd left the green and stopped at the 19th hole when two cars pulled up....   my Thai friend had called backup and they'd arrived within 10 mins...   

It seems many have 'access to instant backup'....    

And its true,....  whenever I travel somewhere...  Phuket, Chiang Mai etc... my Thai friend is always giving me numbers - contact this guy if you have a problem !!! 

9 hours ago, Mason45 said:

The areas around Koh Talo

Kao Talo

It is a hill, not an island. 

As usual a complete pile on the Thais. Perhaps the Pole with bad driving nearly killed the Thai on his motorbike. I have seen some near misses with bad farang drivers.

And teens sticking up for their mates. Wow, so shocking. That’s what teens do.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

And its true,....  whenever I travel somewhere...  Phuket, Chiang Mai etc... my Thai friend is always giving me numbers - contact this guy if you have a problem !!! 

Well you have previously posted about road rage incidents and it seems you struggle elsewhere. 
Your Thai friend having to give you numbers everywhere you go. 
Not surprised with your attitude to be honest.

Gee, what an embarrassment.

4 minutes ago, DeeMakMak said:

The beginning here is the same - strong internal fear.

Thank the dear Lord that the Thais don’t treat their migrants (us) with the same anger and hate. 

One thing I admire about them is they don’t generalize like us. They say “some people” are bad etc. 

thankfully we are not all tarred with the same brush as those who start fights on the roads, golf courses etc 

Even this thread it comes out. One incident between one Thai (and his mates) and the generalizations come out thick and fast. Morons.

We could learn a lot from the Thais. 

Edited by MalcolmB

6 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Well you have previously posted about road rage incidents and it seems you struggle elsewhere. 
Your Thai friend having to give you numbers everywhere you go. 
Not surprised with your attitude to be honest.

Gee, what an embarrassment.

Do better...  If you’re going to attempt gaslighting, at least try to bring some spark to the table your soggy attempt, lacks tinder and with certainty you are no ignition source flickering so weakly in the dark while you stumble aimlessly toward mediocrity.

If you could muster even a shred of wit, maybe you’d manage to ignite something worth my attention. Go ahead, aim higher - at least then I might have a reason to be impressed, if you’re capable of it.

• Like 1

He yelled out, my wife told me he said why did I stop. He had a savage look on his his face, so I just said chok dee and moved on.

Kor Tort would have been more appropriate than telling him good luck.

I first moved to Pattaya 24 years ago,

I sure you will pick up the lingo soon.

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Don't over estimate your self...   your posting history highlights a significant deficiency in the 'learning' area of things... .

Never had anything but pleasant experiences with Thais.

Some people are constantly in conflict. It stems from their attitude. They have no idea and are complaining about Thais daily.

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

If you could muster even a shred of wit, maybe you’d manage to ignite something worth my attention. Go ahead, aim higher - at least then I might have a reason to be impressed, if you’re capable of it.

I am not interested.

People who are always looking for fights and conflict find them. 
Amazing how that works.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, MalcolmB said:

Never had anything but pleasant experiences with Thais.

Some people are constantly in conflict. It stems from their attitude. They have no idea and are complaining about Thais daily.

We can agree on that that...

Although I'm not quite as rose tinted... not all Thai's are pleasant affable characters and some can be difficult just as people can be anywhere else... 

... However, more so than many other nations, Thai's on the whole are pleasant easy going characters and I very rarely encounter any conflict or cross words - yet when those situations have occurred I'm well aware of how quickly a simple situation can escalate from zero to explosive in a matter of seconds. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

In the UK recently some guy went bonkers at me

54 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The arguement developed - me arguing with the Thai man

The drama seems to follow you all over the world.

I wonder why?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, billmichael said:

Reading the story and the comments no one has said whether the "foreigner" possibly caused a near-fatal accident for the Thai teenager.

Every thread is the same when a Thai and a foreigner is involved.

They all just pile on  the Thais without thinking and if anyone dares to go against the narrative and think it through they will be called a troll or a Thai apologist, usually someone will bring up “rose tinted glasses” etc

All very predictable.

Muppets

Like Thais go around stabbing foreigners in the neck unprovoked.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

In the UK recently some guy went bonkers at me

The arguement developed - me arguing with the Thai man

The drama seems to follow you all over the world.

I wonder why?

Yawn...  You'd have probably been too drunk to notice the other vehicle not understanding right of way.... 

2 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Agreed....  I'd like to know what led up to the incident whereby the Thai opened the door of the foriegners car, dragged him out and stabbed him in the neck... 

Did the foreigner cut off the Thai ?...   shout at him, give him the middle finger etc ??

People don't just 'stab each other without a trigger'...    nevertheless... 

In this incident, whatever happened, there is no justification for stabbing someone in the neck... its not as if this was a guy preventing a terrorist incident etc....

3 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

They all just pile on  the Thais without thinking and if anyone dares to go against the narrative and think it through they will be called a troll or a Thai apologist, usually someone will bring up “rose tinted glasses” etc

All very predictable.

Muppets

What level of provocation justifies stabbing someone in the neck? As far as we know the Polish guy was unarmed.

9 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

They all just pile on  the Thais without thinking 

Kind of the same way thais will gang up on you if they see you in altercation with one of their own