My new weight loss regime.

Just now, Photoguy21 said:

If you dont exercise you will never get rid of the excess weight. Exercise can be a gym or walking. Try 6km a day walk, every day and you will see the difference it makes

I do walk.

Though not as much as I wish i did at the moment due to various reasons.

I will try and get back into it though.

bob.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

If you dont exercise you will never get rid of the excess weight. Exercise can be a gym or walking. Try 6km a day walk, every day and you will see the difference it makes

Then I don't know how my wife did it from 53kg to 42kg in less than 6 months. She hates going to the gym.

To be honest, I was a bit p off because I think it is unhealthy way to lose weight by fasting. She also lost quite a bit of her derriere too. I preferred her chubby.

edit. 

She also lost quite a bit of hair during that regime. Fortunately I got her on biotin and it is helping. 

Edited by Celsius

1 minute ago, Celsius said:

Then I don't know how my wife did it from 53kg to 42kg in less than 6 months. She hates going to the gym.

To be honest, I was a bit p off because I think it is unhealthy way to lose weight by fasting. She also lost quite a bit of her derriere too. I preferred her chubby 

Fasting I dont believe is recommended by doctors. More like eat reasonably and good quality food, fruit etc, rather than just dont eat.

21 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

It isnt about what you eat but more about how many calories you burn. Eat what you like but get into a regular exercise routine. Sign up to a gym and go regularly to work out.

Not really, eat what you like and check your blood, it won't be good

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

Then you are in the right place ?

I guess so.

The question is, are you?

you seem to get offended by a lot of small things..

bob.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I've started putting a bit too much weight on, mostly from the mrs cooking and my drinking habits but I think I have come up with a good plan to get rid of the extra baggage.

Going forward I will be doing intermittent fasting (16/8), eating plenty proteins and less carbs, also limiting my alcohol intake to 1 day on followed by 1 day off. and when I do drink it will be low calorie booze (light beer, vodka etc).

This way I hope to shed quite a bit of weight and get that beach body back in the run up to christmas.

how about you lot? any advice from your own weight loss regimes?

bob.

Sounds like a fad diet that won't work. If you pick the right food and drink you don't need IF

7 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I guess so.

The question is, are you?

you seem to get offended by a lot of small things..

bob.

I'm not in Thailand, and I get offended by big things....like YOU.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Exercise is good for all sorts of reasons but I think the food intake is more important than exercise for losing weight because it takes a lot of effort to undo those calories. 

Booze removal and no food after 7pm...lose weight while you sleep.

Worked for me - minus 25k.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

It isnt about what you eat but more about how many calories you burn.

Debunked long ago as a useful statement. Explaining excess weight by CICO is like answering the question, "Why is the room crowded?" with "Because so many people are in the room." Tautology tells you nothing about how they got there and how to stop them and get them out. Few people can follow ANF Nutritional Experts/ standard, stereotypical advice of "push away from the table" and the various tricks to enable that.

34 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Eat what you like but get into a regular exercise routine. Sign up to a gym and go regularly to work out.

No. "You can't outrun a bad diet." In fact, exercise may just make you hungrier as you "work up an appetite."

In short, every fattie in the USA and UK knows this advice and nothing else. That's why such a high percentage are obese and suffering the various effects of metabolic syndrome. It merely leads to the usual future with docs and medications we see here so commonly. 

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, BigStar said:

Debunked long ago as a useful statement. Explaining excess weight by CICO is like answering the question, "Why is the room crowded?" with "Because so many people are in the room." Tells you nothing about how they got there and how to stop them. Few people can follow ANF Nutritional Experts/ standard, stereotypical advice of "push away from the table" and the various tricks to enable that.

No. "You can't outrun a bad diet." In fact, exercise may just make you hungrier as you "work up an appetite."

In short, every fattie in the USA and UK knows this advice and nothing else. That's why such a high percentage are obese and suffering the various effects of metabolic syndrome. It merely leads to the usual future with docs and medications we see here so commonly. 

The equation is simple. "C' calories in and "C+" calories out will reduce weight and fat. For example, 3000 calories intake and 4000 calories used by exercise, walking etc will make you healthier. All the so called plans to lose weight very really do what they say. If you want to lose weight eat better and less and exercise. Not a difficult combination but hard for some to try and stick with it.