Thaksin drops bombshell on fallout with Prawit

23 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has finally broken his silence on the real reason behind his dramatic fallout with General Prawit Wongsuwan, the ex-military strongman and current leader of the embattled Palang Pracharath Party.

Thaksin isn't "dead" and he want's his watches back? 

4-3318624464.jpg

1 hour ago, Dogmatix said:

A case of the pot calling the kettle black.  Prawit did managed to get his brother's former assistant appointed as chairman of the NAAC.  So he got what he wanted and avoided prosecution over the watches as a result.

I always found the watch thing amusing, if they had any interest and they bothered to do a deep dive into the assets, both domestic and overseas, it is likely they'd be well into the billions if not tens of billions for these top ranked generals. So these million baht watches were pocket change. Like the value of a sandwich, for one of us. 

Edited by spidermike007

2 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Only two of them ?    There are over 3,000 'Generals' and how many of them are 'clean' ?

The 2 most prominent ones Prayuth and Prawit who did the most damage to the country. And also the lot of those related to the coup

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, connda said:

Thaksin isn't "dead" and he want's his watches back? 

Bob Smith consented to you photographing one of his watches?!?

2 hours ago, connda said:

4-3318624464.jpg

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I always found the watch thing amusing, if they had any interest and they bothered to do a deep dive into the assets, both domestic and overseas, it is likely they'd be well into the billions if not tens of billions for these top ranked generals. So these million baht watches were pocket change. Like the value of a sandwich, for one of us. 

To put in perspective 1991 coup leader General Sunthorn Kongsompong left behind usd150 million worth of assets in 1999 when he died. That’s almost 300 million in today’s value. His salary was only about usd1000 per month as supreme commander of the Royal Thai Armed Forces. 

• Agree 1

On 8/23/2024 at 4:18 PM, snoop1130 said:

Thaksin, in a tone laced with condescension, reminisced about how Prawit owed his rise through the military ranks to him.

“It was me who appointed him as commander of the First Army Region.”

So what exactly is Thaksin complaining about? By his own admission, he's responsible for giving the toad a position of power.

Edited by nahkit
spelling

14 hours ago, Hunz Kittisak said:

To put in perspective 1991 coup leader General Sunthorn Kongsompong left behind usd150 million worth of assets in 1999 when he died. That’s almost 300 million in today’s value. His salary was only about usd1000 per month as supreme commander of the Royal Thai Armed Forces. 

In 1999 you could buy a 25 foot wide, 5 story brownstone in a good area of NYC for under 1.5 million dollars. They are selling for nine million now. A 300 meter luxury penthouse in a AA condo tower in Bangkok was 10 million baht. Now? 50-90 million. So, using a standard of 100% for inflation makes no sense. Closer to $800 million today. If well invested. 

If people knew the real extent of the corruption here, on the part of the army, there would be an uprising. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Agree 1

Not a wise move Tony  i suspect there are a lot of the higher echelon of wealthy individuals who have many a tale to tell about you it appears your mouth wasn't in tune with your brain when you spouted out your remarks I can see certain parts of the coalition starting to split I hope the newly formed peoples party are prepared for a possible early election.

Edited by crazykopite

You like him or not.

He's a chess player in TiT politics, who plays his long-time ahead planned strategies very well.

Relentless, with a very long breath to achieve his targets!

Quite underestimated, and for sure, not one of the clowns.

Let's see, what happens.

1 hour ago, Maitdjai said:

You like him or not.

He's a chess player in TiT politics, who plays his long-time ahead planned strategies very well.

Relentless, with a very long breath to achieve his targets!

Quite underestimated, and for sure, not one of the clowns.

Let's see, what happens.

I will tell you exactly what will happen.  The military will eventually have to step in again.  The country ran much better under them than any elected gov't anyways.  Democracy just doesn't seem to work too well in some countries.

Edited by shdmn

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

I will tell you exactly what will happen.  The military will eventually have to step in again.  The country ran much better under them than any elected gov't anyways.  Democracy just doesn't seem to work too well in some countries.

Not happening as the 1st and 11th infantry regiments are now  under direct control of THE Commander in chief