How stupidity is an existential threat to America

simple1

6 minutes ago, Will B Good said:
11 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

Luckily the vast majority of stupid people already live in America.

Post of the day....right there.....🤣

Kind of telling the author of the statement calls him self Bird Sh*t  White Guy..😂

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

1. Community Property (Sin Somros)

• Definition: This includes assets acquired by either spouse during the marriage, except for certain exceptions like gifts or inheritances given explicitly to one spouse.

• Examples: Salary earned during the marriage, property bought during the marriage, and any income generated from separate property.

So say one spouse worked and the other didn't.....the working spouse would have to give the non-working one half the salary they earned during the marriage?......I take it the intention is to share half of whatever was saved and/or invested as opposed to what was actually earned?????

AFAIK the important difference is the assets brought into the marriage.

If I have 20 million baht in assets, and the Thai I marry has none, that 20 million is still mine when we divorce. It's only assets accumulated during the marriage which are split 50:50.

There's child maintenance, fair enough. I don't know if there is alimony.

I do know palimony doesn't exist, because defacto relationships are not recognised here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I thought that you were referring to Aussie women when you said that they can take half after one year.

I was. One year if married, two years if de facto.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

The states pay. If you were American, you'd know.

In other words it's a duty of care  Though the Administration does contribute to costs. Once these people are in country the State has to have a duty of care, some specific detail in URL below though no mention of illegals, but more than 742k illegals deported last year.

https://ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2024/01/24/city-signs--77m-contract-with-hotels-to-house-migrant-families 

https://www.newsweek.com/illegal-immigrant-return-flights-increase-ice-1925364

IMO the appropriate path is what was allocated to Harris addressing the issues in source countries. She was successful to a degree with the three countries allocated to he by reducing outflow by 50%. BUT the 50% was then absorbed by people from other non Central American countries e.g. China. An extremely complicated issue worldwide. UN members do not allocate sufficient numbers of humanitarian visa's, there are millions of people waiting, By May 2024, more than 120 million people were forcibly displaced worldwide as a result of persecution, conflict, violence or human rights violations. This includes:

• 43.4 million refugees
  • 63.3 million internally displaced people
  • 6.9 million asylum seekers
  • 5.8 million people in need of international protection, a majority from Venezuela

https://www.unrefugees.org/refugee-facts/statistics/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/263423/major-refugee-hosting-countries-worldwide/

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Life expectancy already covered.

40% of your population are obese, another 30% are overweight.

Your average murder rate is 7.5 persons per 100,000. Ours is 2.

Your death rate from COVID was/is 4 times ours.

You train your schoolkids to hide under their desks if there is an intruder. We have never done that, and the last incident ( kidnapping ) was 50 years ago.

You pay about 4 times as much for private health insurance as we do.

Your incidence of mass shootings is rising. Our last one was almost 30 years ago. Every time you have a mass shooting, gun sales go up.

You might have to pay thousands of dollars for drugs, just to keep you alive. Ours cost AUD 7.50 per prescription.

Enough said?

All that and you can't afford to live there. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

Australia is full of low IQ bogans. The Prime Minister is a halfwit. The country would be flat broke if it wasn't for iron ore, copper, coal, oil and gas in abundance.

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

I can afford to live there, but it would be unbearably dull.

You're correct though, I could not afford a GF 23 years younger than me there.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Having a bad day?

:whistling:

I am having a very good day. I have completed most of the jobs I can do, and now I am wasting a bit of time cooling off under 2 fans before lunch.

Just now, billd766 said:

I am having a very good day. I have completed most of the jobs I can do, and now I am wasting a bit of time cooling off under 2 fans before lunch.

Two!....flash Harry.....one and it is a constant battle with the dog for the prime spot.....SWMBO says one is more than enough....BUT I am allowed to put the aircon on after 1 pm.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

I wouldn't say full - about 12% - and guess who they support...trump  and his enablers

Conservatives have higher IQs. Australia is 50% bogan. 

Edited by maesariang

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

There is no evidence to support the claim conservatives have higher IQ's. But then, you constantly post without checking your facts anyway.

Now who does that remind me of?

Republican score slightly higher than those who identify as Democrat; the unadjusted differences are 1–3 IQ points, 2–4 IQ points and 2–3 IQ points,

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0160289614001081

"This new theory of stupidity I have proposed here — that stupidity is not a lack of intelligence or knowledge, but a lack of awareness of the limits of one’s intelligence or knowledge."
- Bobby Azarian, AlterNet

Starting with the author of this stupid article who could be referred to as "stupid" based on her own criteria for judging ignorance and stupidity. 

Media Fact Check - https://www.alternet.org
"
We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to a failed fact check and the promotion of pseudoscience."

Screenshotfrom2024-08-2612-17-48.png.c1e49bf54e0a956965c9b8eaec14a971.png

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why not? If the president can send thousands of other people's children to die, why should they be exempt? If the cause isn't worth the loss of their child it isn't worth the loss of other people's children.

In any event one person should never be able to declare war, or dictate how it is prosecuted.

I agree with everything you just wrote. I was only saying that a president is also a parent, and if the president knew that their child would be sent to the front lines, as the original poster suggested, that would necessarily factor into their decision on whether to send troops or not. A parent by nature cares more for their own child than other people’s, regardless of how unfair that might be in a case like this.

There’s no easy answer here. A president should be entirely objective in deciding on whether to commit troops, but because they’re also a parent they can’t be objective with respect to their own child. If it’s a group decision, as you suggest, that might help.

1 minute ago, Cory1848 said:

I agree with everything you just wrote. I was only saying that a president is also a parent, and if the president knew that their child would be sent to the front lines, as the original poster suggested, that would necessarily factor into their decision on whether to send troops or not. A parent by nature cares more for their own child than other people’s, regardless of how unfair that might be in a case like this.

There’s no easy answer here. A president should be entirely objective in deciding on whether to commit troops, but because they’re also a parent they can’t be objective with respect to their own child. If it’s a group decision, as you suggest, that might help.

I agree which is why it should not be up to one person.

I also believe that a war should not be declared unless the people that vote for have to enlist their military age children to serve in the front line.

18 minutes ago, maesariang said:

Republican score slightly higher than those who identify as Democrat; the unadjusted differences are 1–3 IQ points, 2–4 IQ points and 2–3 IQ points,

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0160289614001081

How many MAGA supporters were included in the population sample?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, maesariang said:

Most countries bar 1 year behind bar felons. Trump is not a real felon. Fake Democrat witch hunt. 

Stupid people don’t understand this elementary level concept.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, simple1 said:

UN members do not allocate sufficient numbers of humanitarian visa's, there are millions of people waiting, 

Do you blame them? They know the political cost of having too many aliens arriving in their countries.

20 hours ago, maesariang said:

How to vote card

Screenshot_20240825_183932_Brave.jpg

The US government has changed the way they calculate inflation after the 1980 and after 1990s.
John Williams ShadowStats shows both the 2023 "Official Inflation" rate compared to the inflation rates as the US government calculated them in the 1980s and 1990s and provides a visual comparison.  It paints a much different picture that the graphic above.
Screenshotfrom2024-08-2612-28-57.png.5258963c605c35ef764c2c1b48fe97d4.png

Screenshotfrom2024-08-2612-35-32.png.a9cef275faae8c9bb64d61249d9837d9.png
Why does the government change the calculation methods for calculating inflation - Because there are "Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics."  If inflation rises too high - change the way you calculate inflation and lie your asses of to the United States public.  That's how it's done ppls and the fact they do it isn't even hidden.  In the meanwhile, anyone shopping in the US knows exactly how bad inflation is regardless of the juked "official" rate and the "Happy Talk" from "official government spokespeople."

By the way - it doesn't matter who was the president at the time.  Those rate would have been the same had Trump been in office, or Alfred E Newman or Mickey Mouse.

19 hours ago, novacova said:

Look no further than the media being culpable of dumping down the masses. Relying on what opinions of others to be taken as fact

100% correct! The propaganda MSM machine is the biggest factor in dumbing down the people. People now days are spoon fed propaganda and are apt to believe anything instead of being aware of what has taken place over the years. MSM is not news it repeats over and over the same thing, has nothing to do with anything being new. 

3 minutes ago, connda said:

The US government has changed the way they calculate inflation after the 1980 and after 1990s.
John Williams ShadowStats shows both the 2023 "Official Inflation" rate compared to the inflation rates as the US government calculated them in the 1980s and 1990s and provides a visual comparison.  It paints a much different picture that the graphic above.
Screenshotfrom2024-08-2612-28-57.png.5258963c605c35ef764c2c1b48fe97d4.png

Screenshotfrom2024-08-2612-35-32.png.a9cef275faae8c9bb64d61249d9837d9.png
Why does the government change the calculation methods for calculating inflation - Because there are "Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics."  If inflation rises too high - change the way you calculate inflation and lie your asses of to the United States public.  That's how it's done ppls and the fact they do it isn't even hidden.  In the meanwhile, anyone shopping in the US knows exactly how bad inflation is regardless of the juked "official" rate and the "Happy Talk" from "official government spokespeople."

By the way - it doesn't matter who was the president at the time.  Those rate would have been the same had Trump been in office, or Alfred E Newman or Mickey Mouse.

Keeping on topic, if you believe the "Official Inflation Rates" you're probably stupid.