I just had the Mpox jab because I live in Pattaya

advancebooking

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

I just went to the GP doctor here in Australia, a rude old man who sarcasticly told me to stay off google !

And commented "what is this week you have?😠

Mr Hypochondriac at the quacks again. 😂

You are making the Aussie doctors rich with all your government paid free visits. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Mr Hypochondriac at the quacks again. 😂

You are making the Aussie doctors rich with all your government paid free visits. 

He doesn't bulk bill ,it's $80 after Medicare rebate 

I prefer to see a "paying" doctor rather than a Medicare rebate doctor though as you get the full 15 minutes,

unfortunately this old doctor just abused me the whole 15 minutes telling me I don't need to get the Mpox test !!!!!!

The blood tests are free /bulk bill so I ended up getting a blood test for HIV just in case 

I still need a endoscopy for my reflux symptoms  but he refused that too along with my full body scan and liver scan 

Can't wait until I get back to Thailand to get all my health matters checked 

Edited by georgegeorgia

24 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

He doesn't bulk bill ,it's $80 after Medicare rebate 

I prefer to see a "paying" doctor rather than a Medicare rebate doctor though as you get the full 15 minutes,

unfortunately this old doctor just abused me the whole 15 minutes telling me I don't need to get the Mpox test !!!!!!

The blood tests are free /bulk bill so I ended up getting a blood test for HIV just in case 

I still need a endoscopy for my reflux symptoms  but he refused that too along with my full body scan and liver scan 

Can't wait until I get back to Thailand to get all my health matters checked 

He sounds like a sane & sensible doctor.  All too hard to find amidst the pharmaceutical industry employees.

I thought this FAQ from Bangkok Hospital is pretty informative for all the worriers, especially this bit that basically says anyone older than 45 is already vaccinated

"Older adults who have had smallpox vaccine will be immunized against monkeypox. However, people who were born after 1980 may not have received smallpox vaccine" [or after 1974 for Thai people]

It also says "Since monkeypox is still not considered a pandemic, the vaccine currently not available in Thailand" so not sure what jab the OP got?

https://www.bangkokhospital.com/en/content/questions-about-monkeypox?srsltid=AfmBOoqeQ9-qDHeWWIWI548mAPXuGzfg6Yd4mPM4hjfVWV4WBbsjcfa4

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I just went to the GP doctor here in Australia, a rude old man who sarcasticly told me to stay off google !

And commented "what is this week you have?😠

I can't wait to get back to Pattaya to see Dr Olivier a lovely man who sends me for all the tests I need instead of these condescending medication selling doctors in Australia!!

I will probably aggravate you but I have a sense of empathy for this crusty old doctor you have in Oz. Reminds me of the one I saw as a kid who usually had a cigarette in is mouth. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

For those days when you wonder ... "Why do I bother with AN? "

You just can't get this kind of entertainment elsewhere  ...   :cheesy:

In combination with stupidity of aged man who like to get 100 shots. Yeah you're right stays fun to read that.

1 hour ago, BakedPanda said:

In combination with stupidity of aged man who like to get 100 shots. Yeah you're right stays fun to read that.

They're the funniest .... :cheesy:

On 8/25/2024 at 9:46 PM, connda said:

If you are retirement age, you probably already had the jab(s) as a kid and the scar to prove it.

hmm ... another crappy vaccine that didn't seem to provide any long protection.   The more peek back, the more you why any vaccines were given  IMHO

image.png.e5247e98cf04195de9cf307feed368ac.png

On 8/25/2024 at 9:11 PM, advancebooking said:

Im in Bkk now and visited a high class hospital requesting to have the Mpox jab. Dr asked why I wanted it. I said bc I live in Pattaya and Im active there

Is anyone else concerned about this new virus. I think its going to be worse than chinese covid virus.

thanks

I knew nothing about Monkeypox so googled it and found the CDC say:

"A global monkeypox outbreak is currently primarily affecting gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men."

So easy avoidance for most, no need for a jab...

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

I knew nothing about Monkeypox so googled it and found the CDC say:

"A global monkeypox outbreak is currently primarily affecting gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men."

So easy avoidance for most, no need for a jab...

Seems odd it is affecting men more......

On 8/25/2024 at 5:11 PM, advancebooking said:

Im in Bkk now and visited a high class hospital requesting to have the Mpox jab. Dr asked why I wanted it. I said bc I live in Pattaya and Im active there

Is anyone else concerned about this new virus. I think its going to be worse than chinese covid virus.

thanks

Based on stories I heard from my local friends in Pattaya, some other protection might be more relevant for people 'active' in Pattaya.