Authorities Find No Signs of Illegal Activities During Surprise Inspections at Phan Thong

webfact

image.jpeg

Chonburi authorities conducted surprise inspections at nightlife venues in the Phan Thong district and found no signs of illegal activities.

The operation, carried out on the night of August 24th, 2024, was a joint operation between Chonburi Provincial Administration and the Phan Thong Police Station. Officers targeted well-known nightlife venues and karaoke bars in the Phan Thong district, which is about 64 kilometers away from Pattaya.

Upon inspection, authorities found a large number of Thai and foreign tourists enjoying themselves at each establishment. They then conducted random urine tests on both patrons and employees to check for drug use.

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-08-26

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

news-logo-btm.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Chonburi authorities conducted surprise inspections at nightlife venues in the Phan Thong district and found no signs of illegal activities.

The operation, carried out on the night of August 24th, 2024, was a joint operation between Chonburi Provincial Administration and the Phan Thong Police Station. Officers targeted well-known nightlife venues and karaoke bars in the Phan Thong district, which is about 64 kilometers away from Pattaya.

Upon inspection, authorities found a large number of Thai and foreign tourists enjoying themselves at each establishment. They then conducted random urine tests on both patrons and employees to check for drug use.

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-08-26

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

news-logo-btm.jpg

Of course not.

2 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

I must say. If i was a tourist having a drink at a bar or place that serves food. i would be pissed if the police walked in demanding me to pee in a cup to test it. Why isn't this a violation of rights in Thailand?

I've I'd been there and had a few beers, they'd have to give me an f'in big cup!

• Haha 2

I must say. If i was a tourist having a drink at a bar or place that serves food. i would be pissed if the police walked in demanding me to pee in a cup to test it. Why isn't this a violation of rights in Thailand?

And dressed like a terrorist with a bomb vest. What on earth were they expecting to find.

After reading the result of the inspection, one must assume all was in order inclusive with the regular envelopes delivered without interruption.

• Confused 1

as a guest in this country why do you think you have rights?

this aint Kansas Dorothy

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

You would do as you were told.

It is not a tourist area, it is a factory area with 10s of thousands of younger workers.if they can save a few people from becoming addicted to amphetamines then they are doing something good.

Nobody cares about your “rights” whatever you might think they are.

it is not hard to piss in a cup. Let me guess, you were also an anti masker during the pandemic?

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, MalcolmB said:

it is not hard to piss in a cup.

Yeah, many other more important things to moan about than following a police instruction that will prove innocence.  Unless of course the p!sser isn't innocent.  Even if I thought I was being targeted as I'm a Farang, I truly wouldn't care.  Smile, "no problem" and hand back the very full cup.  So much easier than getting arrested for obstruction.

I was in BKK when the police 'swamp' soi 8......I thought all hell was going to break loose........they lined up outside a few bars/restaurants......took photos of each other and left as quickly as they arrived.....???

Job done, all good and evidence to prove it.

2 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

It is not a tourist area, it is a factory area with 10s of thousands of younger workers.if they can save a few people from becoming addicted to amphetamines then they are doing something good.

it is not hard to piss in a cup. Let me guess, you were also an anti masker during the pandemic?

You did not red what i said... i did not say i would not do it.. i said i would be pissed off.. 

4 hours ago, wombat said:

as a guest in this country why do you think you have rights?

this aint Kansas Dorothy

So lame! The guest quote!!! I personally would be very angry to be ordered by anyone in any country to infringe my rights as a civilised human being. This nonsense about being a guest works both ways or maybe you randomly ask people you invite to your home " bend over "cavity search" and Pee in that cup? When I invite someone into my home they are treated as guests ie fed, watered and entertained. Phew!!!

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

7 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Well they just found two couriers in North 14 million Yabba pills , should build a Walk that would work 55555 Drug Dealers are in Laos my ex gf was with one , he was  blocked from coming into Thailand for 30 years 

23 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

I have had this discussion a few times and struggled to get through, usually to USA guys. Rights are not global and only exist if you are afforded them. The police in LOS can search etc and you should comply.