Former Police Chief Arraigned Over Red Bull Heir's Case Mishandling

5 hours ago, retarius said:

Why arraign these corrupt creeps now? I suppose they have just run down the clock on the murder charge. Just to note as well that most countries have no state of limitations on murder.

Investigate them for unusual wealth as well. 

There has been no murder charge, there is an outstanding traffic offence.

4 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

driving an ill-gotten Ferrari under the influence of prohibited drugs and therefore killing a fellow police officer on duty ....

The Ferrari was not "ill-gotten", he was not convicted of driving under the influence of drugs (he hasn't been convicted of anything) and the officer was off duty, going home, not that it makes any difference.

3 hours ago, Dave0206 said:

I would like to hear from the wife of the deceased .has she been well compensated has she been told to keep quiet?

He was a single man.  His family was paid a few million baht in agreed compensation and that is not a secret.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He was a single man.  His family was paid a few million baht in agreed compensation and that is not a secret.

The police officer killed in the hit-and-run incident involving Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya was Wichian Klanprasert. Officer Wichian was married and had a family at the time of his death. He was a well-respected member of the Thai police force, and his death in the incident, which occurred on September 3, 2012, had a significant impact on his family and the public. The case has been highly publicized due to the controversy surrounding the handling of the investigation and legal proceedings.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Artisi said:
4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...to turn a blind eye and allow him to leave the country".

Actually seems as though neither of you do...he wasn't banned from leaving the country.

Pedantic.

No one said he was banned, the comment was allowed. 

That poster said that he was "allowed" to leave due to a blind eye being turned, that suggests that he should not, legally, have been allowed to leave, nothing pedantic about my comment whatsoever.

3 hours ago, Dan O said:

Where was a red notice issues? I've searched multiple times and found nothing issued on him. 

There are tens of thousands of Red Notices, alone, but the majority of Interpol's notices (of various colours) are not viewable by the public...

"Most Notices are for police use only and are not available to the public".

https://www.interpol.int/en/How-we-work/Notices/About-Notices

image.jpeg.e57c3a80358c477560e21c48953763b3.jpeg

Edited by Liverpool Lou

20 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

The police officer killed in the hit-and-run incident involving Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya was Wichian Klanprasert. Officer Wichian was married and had a family at the time of his death. He was a well-respected member of the Thai police force, and his death in the incident, which occurred on September 3, 2012, had a significant impact on his family and the public. The case has been highly publicized due to the controversy surrounding the handling of the investigation and legal proceedings.

He was single.  He did have a family, though, but not a wife.

20 minutes ago, Will B Good said:
50 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So do you. 

There is no such thing as an "international arrest warrant", if there was, one would have been issued for Vorayuth, don't you think?   Perhaps with all your Google experience you could say who issues the "international arrest warrants to which you refer?   Interpol issues Notices, not warrants.   In Europe there is a European Arrest Warrant that applies across certain European borders.

Expand  

Details of the International Warrant:

• Interpol Red Notice: After Vorayuth fled Thailand and failed to appear in court, Thai authorities sought international assistance. In 2017, Interpol issued a Red Notice for Vorayuth, which is essentially a request to law enforcement agencies worldwide to locate and provisionally arrest a person pending extradition. This is not the same as an international arrest warrant, but it functions similarly in practice by alerting countries to the wanted status of an individual.

From your own post...

"Interpol issued a Red Notice for Vorayuth, which is essentially a request to law enforcement agencies worldwide to locate and provisionally arrest a person pending extradition. This is not the same as an international arrest warrant..."

It is "not the same" because there is no such international thing, if there was, don't you think one would have been issued for Vorayuth at the same time as the Interpol red notice?

9 hours ago, SABloke said:

The most bizarre thing about this case is that at the end of it all, many people might face justice (time behind bars, fines, suspended sentences etc.), however, the driver of the vehicle that killed a cop won't receive any consequences at all.

What amazes me is that the cops don't in the least bit seem to be interested in  apprehending a cop killer.

Dragged one of their own for a mighty distance under his far too big for him car. And they adjust the speed record. Then they let him walk out of the country.

Amazing Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

From your own post...

"Interpol issued a Red Notice for Vorayuth, which is essentially a request to law enforcement agencies worldwide to locate and provisionally arrest a person pending extradition. This is not the same as an international arrest warrant..."

It is "not the same" because there is no such international thing, if there was, don't you think one would have been issued for Vorayuth at the same time as the Interpol red notice?

I know..... I can read.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I know..... I can read.

Many humble apologies for commenting but your comment read as though you were confirming the existence of the non-existent "international arrest warrant" to which many sources, erroneously, do refer.

• Haha 1

The police don't even care about the bad visual of this farcical case. Every comment on this article provides an opinion on who paid who, but the consistent thread is that it is corruption in its ugliest form, and affirms what we all have come to know about Thailand,.. corruption rules the roost. I'd guess nothing meaningful will ever come of this case, and the wheels of corruption will continue to make the most rotten of apples a lot of money,.. and a few lower caste wanabe team players will be scapegoated into oblivion... and the common Thai will have less and less hope that their country will ever change.

10 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That poster said that he was "allowed" to leave due to a blind eye being turned, that suggests that he should not, legally, have been allowed to leave, nothing pedantic about my comment whatsoever.

Failing to appear 8 times to answer charges in 2017, 5 years after the event during which time a number of charges had expired and nothing done to expedite these charges, would seems to anyone other than yourself  as being "allowed". 

How long has this case being going on,I,am sure they were well looked after since it happened.Being charged now is nothing most of the charges have gone away.somehow the police involved will get very little punishment now

3 minutes ago, pomchop said:

Equal justice for all......?  Not if you are rich and connected.

The full quote...it's in the Thai constitution......Equal justice for all poor people.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Artisi said:
17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

eave due to a blind eye being turned, that suggests that he should not, legally, have been allowed to leave, nothing pedantic about my comment whatsoever.

Failing to appear 8 times to answer charges in 2017, 5 years after the event during which time a number of charges had expired and nothing done to expedite these charges, would seems to anyone other than yourself  as being "allowed". 

I agree, those missing meetings were all agreed to between the police and Vorayuth's lawyers, so yes, they were "allowed".  My comments referred only to his leaving the country which did not have to be agreed to by the police and Vorayuth, until the arrest warrant was issued (after he left for Singapore).   He was free to travel and, therefore, did not a have to be "allowed" to leave so the authorities cannot, snidely, be accused of "allowing" him to leave as though it was illegal.      

7 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:
18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How do you know that?

Mate, your memory is failing, you, and I, have already fought this battle, and you lost, face with facts, you failed to reply.

Remind me and I'll respond if you also respond to my question.

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Mate, I just checked the Interpol database, still no Vorayuth Yoovidhya.. in fact only 3 thais are wanted by Thai Police... Do you want the database URL.. so you can come back and apologise

Edited by Aussie999

On 8/28/2024 at 11:57 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Still waiting for your reply.... Embarrassing when you're wrong... Again.

And twice in one article.

Edited by Aussie999
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:
On 8/28/2024 at 10:57 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

No embarrassment at all but you are going to have to ask me a question in order to get a reply!    If it was regarding the subject of the issuance of an Interpol red notice, that has already been answered.  A notice was issued.   

Please point out the two inaccuracies in my comments.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

On 8/28/2024 at 11:02 AM, Aussie999 said:

Mate, I just checked the Interpol database, still no Vorayuth Yoovidhya.. in fact only 3 thais are wanted by Thai Police... Do you want the database URL.. so you can come back and apologise

Why not just post the damn URL? 

16 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No embarrassment at all but you are going to have to ask me a question in order to get a reply!    If it was regarding the subject of the issuance of an Interpol red notice, that has already been answered.  A notice was issued.   

Please point out the two inaccuracies in my comments.

Complete <deleted> the two of you are. 

Edited by n00dle

On 8/28/2024 at 11:02 AM, Aussie999 said:

isn't that the little runt?

Screenshot 2024-08-30 at 14.05.51.png