Why is Russia such a cesspool?

2 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Mongols as in Genghiz and Kublai Khan? They (the Mongols) are revered as great and ferocious fighters. The Chinese built the Great Wall to try to keep them out.

No wonder the casualty rate is 6 Ukrainians to 1 Russian.

Link............:cheesy:

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Link............:cheesy:

Sadly, my links are not allowed on here as it goes against the narrative. In any case, you don’t have the capacity to believe anything that goes against yours… :coffee1:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Sadly, my links are not allowed on here as it goes against the narrative. In any case, you don’t have the capacity to believe anything that goes against yours… :coffee1:

Then don't make such bizarre claims. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

They (the Mongols) are revered as great and ferocious fighters

Indeed: that's why they enslaved the Russians for over two centuries (making them unique among ethnical Europeans).

And the Mongols also enslaved China, despite the mighty wall.

Edited by AndreasHG

On 10/11/2024 at 1:44 AM, AndreasHG said:

A dear Russian friend of mine once said that we mistakenly think they are Europeans, because (at least in most of the republics) they look ethnically Europeans.

In reality however, Russians are Mongols, down deep in their hearts and souls.

It took me a while and a bit of reading to come to terms with this reality.

15 hours ago, AndreasHG said:

Indeed: that's why they enslaved the Russians for over two centuries (making them unique among ethnical Europeans).

And the Mongols also enslaved China, despite the mighty wall.

First you say that they are Mongols, not Europeans and next you say that they are ethnically Europeans. Make up your mind.

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

Mongols, not Europeans and next you say that they are ethnically Europeans

Genetically Europeans, culturally Mongols. This has two main implications:

1. specific cultural attitude toward private property. Pastoral communities traditionally have an aversion toward granting full private property of the land to private individuals, and the Mongols assigned the ultimate ownership of their lands solely to the Khan and no one else.

In today Russia everything ultimately belongs to Putin, who can award or deprive his boyards of any asset (and their own lives too) without recourse. Russia is the only known country to have enthusiastically embraced communism, and for a reason. The Czar took the place of the Khan, the Communist Party of the Czar, Putin of the Party. Nothing fundamentally ever changed.

2. In 1717 the Tushetu-Khan Tsetsendorj of Khalkha wrote: ‘a large territory is the means of life’, and ‘for the increase of the herds it is necessary to expand the territory for ample migration and grazing the stock’.

Wealth does not come from work, innovation, entrepreneurship, personal initiative or scientific knowledge, but only from the subjugation of an increasingly vast territory.

In today Russia land still come first. Before human beings and their wellbeing, before innovation, before entrepreneurship, before justice and fairness.

That's why Russia is such a miserable country, with no noteworthy great corporations created in its millenary history, besides those directly connected to the exploitation of natural resources or the production of weapons. Humans are disposable, control of the land is of essence. 

I apologize for my brute frankness, but I hope the message is clearer now and that you enjoyed the reading. 

Edited by AndreasHG
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, AndreasHG said:

Genetically Europeans, culturally Mongols. This has two main implications:

So, when you wrote

A dear Russian friend of mine once said that we mistakenly think they are Europeans, because (at least in most of the republics) they look ethnically Europeans.

your dear Russian friend is mistaken because Russians don’t just look ethnically Europeans, they are in fact genetically Europeans. Ethnically AND genetically Europeans. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, is it a chicken? Lol.

• Confused 3

On 10/11/2024 at 5:38 PM, Doctor Tom said:

I very much doubt that is the reality .  A de motivated, badly trained, poorly educated peasant, in a 1950s era tank, does not a soldier make.  

They managed to defeat the Germans when they invaded the Soviet Union, and the Germans had the best military on the planet then.

On 10/12/2024 at 3:38 PM, AndreasHG said:

That's why Russia is such a miserable country, with no noteworthy great corporations created in its millenary history,

If you want to get into corporations, IMO corporations are the worst thing that ever happened to the western world. If Russia has no corporations, they are a fortunate people.

31 minutes ago, AndreasHG said:

By the way, the electronic device you are using to type these idiocies was manufactured by a corporation. Do yourself a favor, be consistent, leave the civilized world behind and go back to the cave in the jungle you belong to.

Tsk tsk. Calling others cave and jungle dwellers while claiming you’re civilised. As bad as Borrell.

• Thanks 1

On 10/13/2024 at 8:38 AM, Gweiloman said:

So, when you wrote

A dear Russian friend of mine once said that we mistakenly think they are Europeans, because (at least in most of the republics) they look ethnically Europeans.

your dear Russian friend is mistaken because Russians don’t just look ethnically Europeans, they are in fact genetically Europeans. Ethnically AND genetically Europeans. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, is it a chicken? Lol.

They are still a peasant society 

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

So? Don’t tell me you are one of those arrogant farangs that lives in Thailand thinking they are God’s gift to earth and looks down on Thai people, especially farmers from Isaan and their families. It is a peasant society after all. If so, like the poster above said, move out of the cave in the jungle you’re staying in back to your “civilised” society 

Peasants have always had a bad press, but without them no food would get grown. Perhaps peasants should go on a strike and let's see how the arrogentsia get on without them.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, AndreasHG said:

Russia provided the only thing available to the country: Cannon fodder.

That's the only part of your post that related to what I said.

2 hours ago, AndreasHG said:

By the way, the electronic device you are using to type these idiocies was manufactured by a corporation. Do yourself a favor, be consistent, leave the civilized world behind and go back to the cave in the jungle you belong to.

You should be careful of what you write, as your intolerance is showing.

Humanity survived for millennia before corporations existed, and as for the device I'm using, it  enables social media which is IMO a very bad thing for society.

If it didn't exist I'd simply do what we did before such existed and life was better- read books, go to the movies in a cinema, listen to the radio, and I'd never have to put up with insults by anonymous posters on here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, AndreasHG said:

Given the way you use social media, I can't but fully agree with you.

The only thing resembling social media I use is this forum and as I can't say what I'd like to on it, I do not consider it to be actual social media. Perhaps the insults coming from your lot do have similarities with what I understand social media to be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

They are still a peasant society 

21 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

What the hell are you taking about? Do some reading on Russian history mate, instead of throwing out stupid ill informed ignorant insults and stupid comparisons. I can't/won't debate with people like you. 

What does reading history have to do with your post? Weren’t pretty much all European societies peasant societies? Much like Australia was a convict society and early settlers to America killed, raped and pillaged and practically committed genocide. 

What were you implying by “They are still a peasant society”?

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

What does reading history have to do with your post? Weren’t pretty much all European societies peasant societies? Much like Australia was a convict society and early settlers to America killed, raped and pillaged and practically committed genocide. 

What were you implying by “They are still a peasant society”?

IMO it was an implied insult.