Russian Man Arrested for Carrying Fake Euros in Chonburi

webfact

A bit stupid. The EU is slowly withdrawing both 500 and 200 Euro notes to prevent money laundering.

I recall a story where police caught a guy with 1million Euros in 500's  in a Cornflake box.

Although they are still in circulation, they will draw attention in currency exchanges.

Superrich at the airport didn't blink when exchanging 200 euro notes.

They are the best now . Only 50 notes for 10k .

I write the numbers down before exchanging them.

So a Russian either living or just had friend in Istanbul Turkey. Friend provides counterfeit currency and instructions to USE it in Thailand.

Criminals did you Not get the Info.  Thailand is Closing your businesses down Almost everyday.  Thailand has the technology, resources and capabilities to detect, investigate and Stop just about Any Criminal Activities

10 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Just woken up after a 3 year sleep?

Don't think you have a problem "expressing your opinion" with 19,000 posts in less than 3 years...

expressing & being allowed to ... a bit of a difference.

I'm sure my opinion would have been deleted.

Took notice of the 19k myself, just the other day, but most of those are silly, useless replies to replies such as your.

Trying to avoid doing that ... a work in progress.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

expressing & being allowed to ... a bit of a difference.

I'm sure my opinion would have been deleted.

Took notice of the 19k myself, just the other day, but most of those are silly, useless replies to replies such as your.

Trying to avoid doing that ... a work in progress.

Do you have a problem with reality?

The forum has certainly changed in the 17 years since I joined.. I now attempt to amuse myself by checking the join date of "prolific" posters. it's surprising (not) how many are "relatively" recent arrivals.

My reply was relevant to original post.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

There must be a high percentage of Russians up to no good to prolong their stay......29 he should be in Kursk trying to take his land back........

I've done the flight search on Google to help out.  DME is Moscow.  Kursk seems not to be accepting flight bookings for some reason... 

Snip20240828_3.png

• Sad 1

The staffer, suspecting foul play, used a chemical pen to verify the banknote's authenticity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did not know some money changers use Chemical Pen to check if the foreign notes are genuine.

Even though they started to use Money Checker for that purpose in recent years.

Is Poo-tin trying to circulate fake money to upset the western economy, just like NAZI did to USD and GBP during WW2?

Mass counterfeit is often the state enterprises by Dictatorial regimes; N/Korea has been doing it for ages.

PRC also  produces and sells Fake UK Postal Stamps.

Fake UK stamps blamed on Chinese-made counterfeits (bbc.com)

China ‘flooding Britain with counterfeit Royal Mail stamps’ (yahoo.com)

China behind flood of fake stamps plaguing Britain (telegraph.co.uk)

Edited by black tabby12345

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Great, another anti RU thread.   Topic could be "Man arrested for fake money"

Not sure I'm allowed to express my opinion about spreading hate, so I'll stop here :coffee1:

Can't say I've seen or read a positive thread on AN about RU or CH, even most about TH is negative.  Let that sink in :coffee1:

Do you get your instructions from putin:coffee1:

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, norfolkandchance said:

I tried to change it at varies shops and supermarkets and even Banks. The Banks said that they  would take the Note but processing would take a week or two.

I finally managed to change it at a Post Office but only after some scrutiny by the staff.

Why didn't you change it at the exchange booth that you got it from originally?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bobbin said:

Just woken up after a 3 year sleep?

Don't think you have a problem "expressing your opinion" with 19,000 posts in less than 3 years...

The posters with the real problem are the ones who keep track of other members' posting statistics and then comment on them as though they have some relevance or meaning.

• Confused 1

Just now, bobbin said:

555.. Thanks for your input Lou.

22,500 posts in 3.5 years.

You and KhunLA could populate the forum all by yourselves.

And I'm the one with a problem?  😏

"And I'm the one with a problem?"

Yes, you sure are.  You're the one fatuously keeping stats on other members posts

8 minutes ago, bobbin said:
12 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"And I'm the one with a problem?"

Yes, you sure are.  You're the one fatuously keeping stats on other members posts

Sorry Lou.. allergic to drivel.

Except your own?

2 hours ago, Watawattana said:

I've done the flight search on Google to help out.  DME is Moscow.  Kursk seems not to be accepting flight bookings for some reason... 

Snip20240828_3.png

Ukrainians are in the Kursk ATC tower........ 

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Not sure I'm allowed to express my opinion about spreading hate, so I'll stop here :coffee1:

Can't say I've seen or read a positive thread on AN about RU or CH, even most about TH is negative.  Let that sink in :coffee1:

This is funny.

Here in Thailand all news tell you about British, Swiss, Norwegian, Indian or what ever country they come from. But when it is a Russian, you react. Why?  :shock1:

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, bokningar said:

This is funny.

Here in Thailand all news tell you about British, Swiss, Norwegian, Indian or what ever country they come from. But when it is a Russian, you react. Why?  :shock1:

Yes far more mishaps involving locals should be printed, I agree.... 

AFAIK all fake euros are coming from (who would imagine?) Europe, mostly those dwarf states. 

Just as EU & US passports (fake one, not from KS Road) are coming from the Promised Land.

That info was from some really freaky dealer from Middle East. He was in business since middle of 90s. Could arrange anything, real super connected man.

8 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Totally agree. Spreading hate by simply quoting facts is indicative of this crazy woke culture we are suffering through. I loose my <deleted> these days listening to the media tiptoe around words and phrases. Racist, Hate Speech, Mysoginist, all catch phrases for the death of truth, victim mentality mindset that is all pervasive in today's culture. Time to man up and call a spade a spade before we do sink in the mire. 

there were fella from Kazakhstan (well another name of Russia's border states, so basically Russian) who was so lazy he installed skimmer on the ATM in the same building he lived. Just went once a day to read data from flash card, made copies and went to party with girls for the rest of the day. 

another one somehow modified LATAM old cruzeiros into Deutche Marks (long ago) in Amari Watergate, he was really surprised when RTP came to arrest him.