Teenager brandishes gun on Chon Buri beach, tourists flee in panic

snoop1130

gun-2-1.jpg

Panic erupted on Krathing Lai Beach in Chon Buri as a teenager brandished a gun and threatened a crowd after seeing his ex-girlfriend with a new partner. Tourists, both Thai and foreign, fled in panic, seeking safety.

Police Captain Suchart Dusadee of Bang Lamung Police Station received reports yesterday at 9.16pm of a young man threatening people with a firearm at Krathing Lai Beach, Na Kluea subdistrict, Bang Lamung district, Chon Buri province. Officers were promptly dispatched to the scene.

Upon arrival, officers found a chaotic scene with tourists running for cover. Two teenagers, Ae and Jack, both 17 years old, were waiting to give their statements to the police. The assailant, named Tae, had already fled the scene.

Ae explained that Tae was her ex-boyfriend and had been threatening her since the day before. While she was sitting with her new boyfriend, she noticed Tae approaching with a gun, shouting threats. Fearing for their lives, Ae and her new partner ran away, seeking help from bystanders.

A local vendor who witnessed the incident said a young couple ran towards her, pleading for help, as another teenager chased them with a gun. She intervened, warning the gunman about the potential danger to others and advising him to reconsider his actions for the sake of his future. Tae then put the gun away and left on a motorbike. At that moment, many tourists were scrambling to escape the area.

Police Captain Suchart Dusadee, after receiving the report, immediately coordinated efforts to apprehend Tae by alerting nearby units to monitor potential escape routes. Despite their efforts, Tae remained at large. Investigations are ongoing, with officers reviewing CCTV footage to locate and bring Tae to justice, reported KhaoSod.

By Puntid Tantivangphaisal

Photo courtesy of KhaoSod

Source: The Thaiger 2024-08-29

news-footer-2.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Tae remained at large. Investigations are ongoing, with officers reviewing CCTV footage to locate and bring Tae to justice, reported KhaoSod.

Not much detective work should be required.

Surely the ex-girlfriend can supply some details so this overgrown child can be located at his mummy's house and the gun confiscated along with a clip round the ear administered.....

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

People with guns more so.
I am ambivalent about this.... I am ex UK so have grown up without guns and spent most of my life disliking them... but as I age and feel more vulnerable, and society seemingly gets more violent, I feel a right to the means to defend myself. 

Let us simply say, they should not be in the hands of infantile brats, as was the case here. 

I too am Ex Uk but unlike you I grew up with guns.

As an avid hunter using rifles in my local area in forestry plantations to manage deer populations and on private owned land where I had permission to shoot.

I also shot handguns of various types and calibers at gun ranges, for sport and competition.

However after the Dunblane shooting around 1997 coupled to rising national gun crime private ownership of handguns were banned.

Taking away in an instant thousands of innocent and competent law abiding peoples sport and recreation.

The gun crime after this ban continued to rise, surprise surprise why... because law abiding people and gun ownership had nothing to do with crime.

We were properly licensed, said licenses stating what firearms and ammunition could be owned, bought and held at any one time,

Vetted by the police via a home visit that checked every item and storage facilities.

Firearms in safe hands are exactly that SAFE

Thailand does not allow hunting, therefore private ownership should be almost zero.

Thailand has a problem with illegal ownership, either purchasing or illegal homemade manufacturing of guns and ammunition.

That is down to police not doing their work, or when gun offenses are found not jailing the culprits.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

People with guns more so.
I am ambivalent about this.... I am ex UK so have grown up without guns and spent most of my life disliking them... but as I age and feel more vulnerable, and society seemingly gets more violent, I feel a right to the means to defend myself. 

Let us simply say, they should not be in the hands of infantile brats, as was the case here. 

It has, and has never had, anything to do with guns or weapons of any kind. People can be mentally ill, and take out their anger on others because of this. A person can kill with a rock, hammer, pencil, knife or a gun. Stopping them before they get to this place is the only way, which is hard because many can hide mental illness, as seen by many of our world leaders. Society has always been violent, since Cain and Abel. Jealousy, greed, narcissism, bad parents, all have always been here. Media points it out more now. There is more violence just here in Thailand than most will ever see or hear about, and this is just one country. The heart of the problem starts at home. Many times because of abuse, neglect, spoiling or a combination of these. Some are born anti social, but it's a very low amount. There have been many cases of people with no criminal record, or anti social behavior that all of a sudden went haywire. Keeping it inside until they exploded. Keeping guns out of the hands of maniacs isn't an easy thing to do, as they are available, and useful, to others who aren't crazy. People are the problem.

13 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Why people running in panic? Don´t seem like he wanted to shoot at all, and especially not random. I would have stayed, call him over and bought him a beer.

People were running because they felt threatened!

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

a teenager brandished a gun and threatened a crowd

no much this kid can do now. The police know who he is. He is too young to have any money to flee out of the country. He will get caught eventually and most likely family will be supporting him until he is found. 

13 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Mandatory  min. 2 yr prison sentence  in a secure unit, for breaking the gun laws, no ifs or buts, just do it.

....add another year to his sentence for being such a fragile wimp!!!

15 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Why people running in panic? Don´t seem like he wanted to shoot at all, and especially not random. I would have stayed, call him over and bought him a beer.

Good you do that... prove the Darwin theory of evolution.

Clever much?

16 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

Good you do that... prove the Darwin theory of evolution.

Clever much?

Yeah, I am so clever, that I can calculate the odds of him having a wish to shoot me. That risk is about as close to zero you can come. If I at the same time offer something that he most probably like, it will make him feel better and calm down.

Maybe you have another version that will be more accurate?

39 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Yeah, I am so clever, that I can calculate the odds of him having a wish to shoot me. That risk is about as close to zero you can come. If I at the same time offer something that he most probably like, it will make him feel better and calm down.

how can i argue with a tear away genius...

1st prize darwin award

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

keyboard warrior...  your diaper must be full

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

What is the name or product of this Vendor who gave excellent advice to the gun man. I want to thank and buy something from them.  Vendor's words may have de-escalated the situation from becoming severe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Does the gunman speak English?  He may mistake your approach as a threat?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Does the gunman speak English?  He may mistake your approach as a threat?

Does it matter that I speak Thai? Are you one of the guys living in Thailand without caring to be able to speak to people in the country you chose to live? In that case, I wonder how you can have so many opinions on this forum, when you not can find the facts, communicate nor understand the culture?

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Confused 1